Flower of the Beast

therapygirl

My friend is gaga over this one. I like it too. It is hard to describe. It is slightly sweet, with a bit of spice and maybe smoke on the drydown. The dragon's blood note is not overpowering but very pleasant. It is different, and very nice. Sorry for such a nebulous review but I can't really pin this one down. Hopefully someone else can do it justice because it is beautifu!

Summon the power of the auspicious Dragon to your side... a potion of Protection, Good Fortune, Personal Power, Health, Self-Confidence and Calm. Bold Resins, a slice of Fruit, a sprinkling of Spice, and the smokey breath of the Dragon. Take flight!

Includes Dragon's Blood, Snap Dragon, Dragon Fruit. and more...

This is interesting and yummy. It is floral, fruity and almost spicy at the same time. It is surprisingly light. The snap dragon is very pretty and subtle. You can smell the dragon's blood, but it is not overpowering. There is something spicy in here, but it is in the background. There is also a hint of smoke, but also subtle. It is like all of the notes are melded together and sit in the background, wafting in and out. They take turns coming forward as the scent dries and changes with time. Not quite floral, not quite fruity. Somewhere in between. Definately a lighter scent. Not quite springy, but bordering on wanting to be. And not full bodied, as a winter or fall scent should be. It is transitioning from winter to spring...

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with both of the previous reviews on this one.....it is hard for me to distinguish the different notes......it is very very nice......sweet, spicy, fruity, and floral, but not too much of any one of those.....I get a nice "warm" feeling from this one, for lack of a better term.....

Edited by Dolly

Im in love with this scent! For some reason it kinda reminds me of LP: Green. I just ordered a full bottle w/ A-nol added to it . I soo cant wait to get it! Most excellent Ladies!

First of all props to whomever designed the label...very lovely indeed!

After giving my lovely sample a good hard shake and letting it settle into my skin..I get something very sweet and mesmerizing..I unfortunately am not blessed with the talent of describing things..I only know if I like a scent or I don't....very few scents I can detect, unless it has vanilla..which of course some may already know I am an addict..lol

This one fortunately falls into my likey likey pile...I really love how Mara and Danna package our smellies...I bet they are wondering when I am going to order bottles but I cannot help myself...I have enough samples to last me a while...but u never know when I will change my mind and do a 360...lol. and get more than I had planned...off topic here..

all in all good scentwise...

going to do the big test on the hubby...tonight :):003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Wait a minute...now I am getting a sort of lovely incensy sort of vibe here...lol. I don't think I am making much sense but it smells like incense on my skin, for some reason...I will need to get a bottle to do some more testing on this one! :)

This is interesting and yummy. It is floral, fruity and almost spicy at the same time. It is surprisingly light. The snap dragon is very pretty and subtle. You can smell the dragon's blood, but it is not overpowering. There is something spicy in here, but it is in the background. There is also a hint of smoke, but also subtle. It is like all of the notes are melded together and sit in the background, wafting in and out. They take turns coming forward as the scent dries and changes with time. Not quite floral, not quite fruity. Somewhere in between. Definately a lighter scent. Not quite springy, but bordering on wanting to be. And not full bodied, as a winter or fall scent should be. It is transitioning from winter to spring...

I agree with this review as i could not describe it myself - i'm like j#'s - i just know i like it . i want a bottle of this, i am just waiting to see if my skin drinks it up like it did with vain

I'm getting the scent of my favorite incense without smelling like an incense factory. It's deep, but subtle, dark but with a playfulness to it. It's definitely going into my 'me-likey' pile. My skin is really drinking it in. Maybe it's got something that my body really wants!

• 2 weeks later...

This is very fruity-sweet at first, but it takes on a more resinous quality over time. It definitely has an incense evocation for me as well...I am reminded of Amber Enchantment. The drydown is very subtle, there's just a hint of spicy smokiness but mainly that quality of smooth wood which makes for a nice skin scent type of base.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a feeling I would like this one. Just put it on though I can't write about all the morphage yet (ya I made that word up). I like spice, but too much can give me a headache especially resins and insensey types. This is fruity spicy but yes, light but not too light for me. I like the dragon's blood note that Danna and Mara used in Vain and it didn't bother me so I gave this one a chance too. it is getting less fruity and more insensey in the dry down. I don't know how else to describe this one but it is magical. I love the label too, I may or may not get a bottle... but I sure wouldn't mind one.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

• 8 months later...

I love how the dragon's blood and berries combine in this one--I was a little nervous about the florals since the name is Flower of the Beast after all but they're just a whisper in the background. I'm not really getting anything very incensey either. It's really all juicy dark fruits and deep, spicy dragon's blood --then again, dragon's blood does turn berry-ish on my skin which may be why it comes out so nomable. This is going to turn into a bottle, I can feel it... :666:

Edited by Invidiana

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

This is like a more spicy type of Little Witches to me. It's much more mature and grown-up. It might be my imagination, but I think I get a hint of licorice from it? As it dries down it goes a bit resinous on me, and the sweetness takes on more of a sticky, sickly element, like tree sap.

I'm jealous! I have this one and clearly need to retry it but I don't get any of the good stuff you guys get :(