La Fleur Cremeuse

therapygirl

AD-CreamyFlower.jpg

La Fleur Cremeus

Rich, Parisian bakery styled Buttercream, mixed with Roses for a fragrance that will have him yummily snuggling. A feel-good, deliciously sexy vibe!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
A BOUQUET OF MIXED ROSES ~ For self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
A BEVY OF EXOTIC AND RARE VANILLAS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SWEETENED MILK, BUTTER & CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships, Goddess energy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is so delicious I want to roll in it. And eat it. It is creamy, buttery goodness with a blush of rose that keeps it fresh and smooth. Gosh I love this one!

Rich, Parisian bakery styled Buttercream, mixed with Roses for a fragrance that will have him yummily snuggling. A feel-good, deliciously sexy vibe!

Wet, this was icing sweet. As it dried down, it became very ... don't know how to describe it ... cozy?

It is pretty sweet and foody going on, but it dries into a soft pillow of yumminess. It smells like breakfast in bed. The rose is on your tray, along with a wonderfully yummy pastry with a warm gooey filling. It makes me think of rose scented silk sheets (although it smells nothing like silk or linen, it is just how it feels).

This is a wonderful new night time scent for me. It is very closely held when it dries. Almost requiring snuggling to smell the delicious sweetness caressing your skin.

Wet, this was icing sweet. As it dried down, it became very ... don't know how to describe it ... cozy?

It is pretty sweet and foody going on, but it dries into a soft pillow of yumminess. It smells like breakfast in bed. The rose is on your tray, along with a wonderfully yummy pastry with a warm gooey filling. It makes me think of rose scented silk sheets (although it smells nothing like silk or linen, it is just how it feels).

This is a wonderful new night time scent for me. It is very closely held when it dries. Almost requiring snuggling to smell the delicious sweetness caressing your skin.

Oh goodness I shouldnt havbe read this review! I am patiently awaiting my LP sampler, but I decided I should read your reviews to hold me over...well! I was so enticed by this review and so disapointed that I didnt have it in y lil hands, that when I read your review SB....I got a CRAVING for icing! Well I now have a stomach ache and a sore toe.

Shamefully I ran to the kitchen in my NEED for an icing fix, stubbed my toe on the fridge, got out my BRAND new Betty Crocker Icing, attempted to rip open the package, to only have the seel tab BREAK...Had to grab a knife and get into my precious sweet yummy icing...FINALLY I am in, yum,yum yum...oh dear, I have now eaten to much and my stomach protests.

Sadly I will probably eat more...Maybe I should just slather my betty crocker icing on, as if it is LP, and tell myself that this is fufilling my LP sampler fix, for tonight...

Edited by Curiouschic

LOL! This can cause an icing fix desire... I applied a full "dose" last night before going to the movies. This morning (more than 12 hours later), I can still smell rose faintly. mmmm.

Sigh - all I had on hand were brownies...you guys are making me want some icing just from reading the reviews. I'll be hopeless once I actually get the fragrance too.

I can't wait to try this one! I love creamy florals.

I can smell the frosting in the vial but not on me, gosh darn it!

This reminds me a lot of Possets' Silver Roses in the drydown, that same sense of a fresh-picked rose dipped in sugar. The rose goes kind of powdery on me after a while. It's nice but I think in terms of a gourmand floral I prefer Slave To Sin.

VURREH tempting ladies. I've kind of gone off extreme bakery gourmands for a bit but I LOVE gourmand rose scents.

Still making up a sampler list to try,based on reviews. This sounds like one to make it to the list.

• 2 weeks later...

woe.

i was really looking forward to this one, but it's not what i was hoping for...damn my skin chemistry and it's reaction to rose!

i was hoping for the sweet icing dipped rose everyon was talking about in the reviews, but all i got was that super overpowering, heady rose that gives me a headache and makes me nauseous...with just a little hint of creamy sweetness.

bah.

i guess my skin only likes dark, dark rose and not light, bright, sweet roses.

i'm so sad ;)

i guess i'll give it one more try when i'm not already fighting the tail-end of a migraine, but i'm pretty sure this one is out for me.

I got roses with something a bit nutty? i don't get the icing sweetness - this goes in the try again pile

After an hour i get the sweetness and light soft rose - very nice

Edited by knjsavy

Sigh.Got my sample and as I suspected, this is love for me. I am debating on a full bottle ,instead of announcing I have already done the deed ,ONLY because I have many rose and many gourmand scents and I have 30 plus full bottles of other LPMP scents.

I am verging on running out of some of those thirty odd bottles so maybe that is how I will ultimately justify another addition to the scent-harem...Fleur Cremeuse replacing something I will soon use up.

I realize I never actually REVIEWED this scent,just raved.

I get soft rose,a very buttercream icing and the nuttiness mentioned a few posts up.

Staying power is pretty good. The rose lasts longest while the sweet and nutty aspect fade a bit sooner,but not too quickly.

I compared this to my sample of Posset's Silver Roses and while both are nice scents, here is how they differ:The Posset's rose is definitely greener and a bit sharper and the rose is very dominant. In Fleur Cremeuse,the rose is more delicate,not a rose-plus-greenery and the icing/nuttiness is very prominent.

At first--ROSE!! (A big pink rose dripping with pink syrup sits in a dark room, and a beam of light from the heavens shines down on it, "hallejulluah!",you hear) this scene occurs in the wet stage, for about 5 to 10 minuites.

Then it begins to mellow out and I get more icing. It's not a buttercream icing to my nose, more of a sugar glaze, but just as delicious.

The icing merges with a now much softer blushing rose and the coziness that SB mentioned ensues.

Cuddles abound! Comfy indeed! A pink cashmere sweater of a scent. True love for this gal here. I highly reccomend this one.

---oh yeah, the staying power is great on me too. 12 hours and counting.

This is a lovely soft rose, sweet and not overpowering. I wore it yesterday and lavishly reapplied several times, since it was not a shouting kind of scent.

I would say texturally it is sort of creamy, or milky rose. Comforting and yummy too.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't get any samples of this particular month's batch. I have since corrected this mistake. I am expecting two samples of this wonderful delicious scent. :aola: Ooh, I can't wait.

UPDATE: I have since, bought TWO bottles of this delicious scent.

Edited by Jo Anna

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The first note I get on initial application is butter, with a little rose hiding somewhere behind it. It quickly settles into more of a creamy, sweet frosting scent, with the sweetest rose. Not a tea rose, a soft dusky one with some subtlety behind it. It smells just like a frosting rose should, but doesn't. It's soft and cozy, not an attention-grabbing scent but one just for me!

• 5 months later...
This is so delicious I want to roll in it. And eat it. It is creamy, buttery goodness with a blush of rose that keeps it fresh and smooth.

TG pretty much said it with that. This is the single most nomable rose scent I've ever smelled, a true frothy buttery sugary buttercream with just a hint of pink rose. If only I could stuff my face with mounds of that buttercream right now and suffer no calories, everything would be alright with the world :)

The first note I get on initial application is butter, with a little rose hiding somewhere behind it. It quickly settles into more of a creamy, sweet frosting scent, with the sweetest rose. Not a tea rose, a soft dusky one with some subtlety behind it. It smells just like a frosting rose should, but doesn't. It's soft and cozy, not an attention-grabbing scent but one just for me!
I haven't reviewed this because you nailed it. :) An old fashioned garden rose, not spicy or green, much like the one in Sugared Roses. It is a little strange at first to encounter food and floral. I often use this soft, cuddle-of-a-scent for bedtime. Perfect for when I wear a pink, fluffy sweater. When I had my friend sniff me and he got the most puzzled look. "Rose and...Why do I smell butter?" He used to be a pastry chef so when I told him he laughed and said it did smell like buttercream icing!

• 1 year later...

I get BUTTER rose with this on :) The rose is not as green and clean as Ambrosia's roses....

It turns a bit powdery and dusty on me when dried :Hug_emoticon: Is it the vanilla that goes wonky on me? or the roses? :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

So I know this is not available anymore... Bit I have to review it and wish for a rebrew! OMG! This scent is fantastic! This is no old lady rose scent. Think delicate, sweet pink roses. Following is the yummiest buttercream frosting. This makes me want to bury my nose in my arm and huff away! This is so fem and pretty. I want to snuggle up to myself wearing this!!! So happy I was able to score this precious gem. Hopefully someday it will be rebrewed. I would buy a gallon! Lol :)

Im really enjoying the rose cupcake cloud I'm living in at the moment!

So I know this is not available anymore... Bit I have to review it and wish for a rebrew! OMG! This scent is fantastic! This is no old lady rose scent. Think delicate, sweet pink roses. Following is the yummiest buttercream frosting. This makes me want to bury my nose in my arm and huff away! This is so fem and pretty. I want to snuggle up to myself wearing this!!! So happy I was able to score this precious gem. Hopefully someday it will be rebrewed. I would buy a gallon! Lol :)

Im really enjoying the rose cupcake cloud I'm living in at the moment!

DANG! I was hoping you would hate it and I could buy it from you! I know I have been wishing for a rebrew of that for years.

DANG! I was hoping you would hate it and I could buy it from you! I know I have been wishing for a rebrew of that for years.

Lol! I understand now why you love it. I'm almost scared to use it because I don't want to run out!!

Lol! I understand now why you love it. I'm almost scared to use it because I don't want to run out!!

Which is why I rarely use the 4 bottles I have in stock! I even have one boosted with EST and EST does nothing for me and I have even considered putting it on my trade list but then I iwll only have 3 bottles! AND can you believe I had another bottle that fell off my bed and broke! AHHHHH

I even have one boosted with EST and EST does nothing for me

EST isn't supposed to give self-effects, really, it's so you can make men all mushy over you. ;)

Which is why I rarely use the 4 bottles I have in stock! I even have one boosted with EST and EST does nothing for me and I have even considered putting it on my trade list but then I iwll only have 3 bottles! AND can you believe I had another bottle that fell off my bed and broke! AHHHHH

Well... If you decide to sell the EST boosted one- let me know!!!

• 2 years later...

I was lucky enough to score a bottle of this off the trade threads, and it truly lives up to its reputation. It's the most delicate rose scent I've smelled, a handful of soft pink petals resting on a cloud of buttery vanilla. We are having the most gorgeous New England summer weather here, warm but very clear and breezy. This is the perfect scent for it!

• 1 month later...

I know that theres been PE's done to try to copy this, and Mara didn't brew it or have a sample of it,etc etc etc everyone loves this. Me too. Its wonderful. But I'm telling ya'll, I think I have cracked the DaVinci code of this. Maybe I'm off base, I dunno. I don't think so. I think it's that its really NOT buttercream in here. It's icing! Thin, sugar glaze danish icing!

The rose(s) recently used in Rose fairy cake would do good, as well as a nice icing note and a teensy touch of flakey pastry. Just a thought. Its a thought Ive had for quite awhile. If I ever have the means, I'll do it as a PE, unless someone beats me to the punch. But I truly think that's why the 'remakes' of this have been off. Icing, not buttercream frosting. Call me crazy.

You noted that in your original review too, that you didn't think it was buttercream. ;)

The thing is, we're all going by the original description of the scent, thus the prevailing impression.

I know maaaaann...the description totally DID say buttercream. Methinks Sinister may have read the wrong label? Ha, I dunno. I didn't look at my original review, oops! Sorry, probably sound like a broken record. :Emoticons00810:

Ah well, one day maybe I'll give the icing PE a shot! I do miss this scent. I traded mine to someone who loves it to bits. Regret! But not major regret because I know how much she enjoys it. :)