Flower of Venus

therapygirl

This one is very very nice. The white rose is very special. I have been sitting here for ten minutes trying to figure one note. I finally pinned it down. It's HEAT! There is something in here that translates to me as the smell of heat! It's a full bodied floral and nothing turns on me which is surprising! Beautiful!

And ode to the Goddess of Love, crafted of flowers sacred to her. A misty floral melange based on the scent of her favorite vintage White Roses, rounded out with wild Pansies, (which gained their color when pierced by Cupid's arrow - and are fabled to ensure the love of one's sweetheart), Geranium, Rose Geranium, and misty Blue Musk.

This is misty, but not aquatic. I totally get the smell of heat that TG is referring to. I wonder if it is the blue musk. It almost smells like a floral insence. Not in a bad way, it just smells vintage. Very nicely blended. It is not an overpowering floral. Those non-floral people just might be surprised by this one. It also has a tinge of a green note in it. Fresh picked pansies, I think that is what I am getting there. The green is from the juices falling off the stem. This note is only there when wet. It disappears after it dries down.

This is misty, but not aquatic. I totally get the smell of heat that TG is referring to. I wonder if it is the blue musk. It almost smells like a floral insence. Not in a bad way, it just smells vintage. Very nicely blended. It is not an overpowering floral. Those non-floral people just might be surprised by this one. It also has a tinge of a green note in it. Fresh picked pansies, I think that is what I am getting there. The green is from the juices falling off the stem. This note is only there when wet. It disappears after it dries down.

This review has me so excited for my sampler!!

• 3 weeks later...

I get the musk and the florals but sadly this goes soapy on me - i will wait awhile and try it again later - cleos blend went soapy on me the first few times i tried it and after some time - it was wonderful - now i love it

Wearing this today and I really like it. I got soapy at first too, but after a while it settles down to a very pretty, springtimey floral, with a soft musky undertone. Perfect for this time of year.

• 1 month later...
I get the musk and the florals but sadly this goes soapy on me - i will wait awhile and try it again later - cleos blend went soapy on me the first few times i tried it and after some time - it was wonderful - now i love it

This is a soapy rose on me as well (Cleo did not get soapy on me).

I detected a soapy note in the sample vial. I think that this could be the wild pansy, but I am not sure. This is also a light and fresh floral perfect for spring. The blue musk adds just the right amount of vintage feeling, I could easily picture this as a popular fragrance advertised in a late victorian women's magazine. I've worn this a few times to try to figure it out, but it is still a mystery to me in some ways. I could describe it as a vintage soapy floral with musky green undertones.

I also get a soapy evocation, but to be honest, florals often do that to me. I don't get heat, though...I get dew, or something like it (like watering flowers in the daytime). It makes me think of cutting roses in the morning before the dew has had a chance to evaporate. I like the spicyness of the geranium notes but otherwise I think the other elements are a bit too much for me (I'm getting that freaked-out feeling I often get when wearing certain florals).

• 2 months later...

Hmm, this one is pretty soapy on me, but me thinks its because of the florals. But it's still beautiful, glad I tried! ^_^

• 2 months later...

This one really suprised me. Like TG and Sultry theres humidity.

But it isnt MERE humidity-its like stepping right into a greenhouse. Theres some flowers in the greenhouse, but mainly plants. It's very humid and very green smelling!

Scent memory wise-it takes me to the Aviary at the Detroit Zoo. Theres a butterfly garden there-what that means is a huge dome ceilinged Green House, built in Victorian style, its round with thick lead glass with heavy black metal panes running lengthwise, the building itself is a gorgeous example of vintage architecture.

Inside is every sort of plant imaginable, as well as bronze statues of people and animals(also done in a victorian style-so fitting for this scent-placed here and there among the plants.

There is a Koi pond and a small waterfall, but the amazing thing is the Butterflies..they come from the tropics and fly freely through the greenhouse. Sometimes they land on you which is a real treat-to see such beauty up close. There are hundreds-all colors, landing on plants and flitting by your face..I need to make a trip to the zoo soon...

But the wet phase smells like The Butterfly Garden all the way-and again, I fall in love with another LP!

On drydown, I can catch more floral and musk-very pretty. And yes, Vintage. I dont get much rose at all, VERY faint-so if your anti floral or Rose, try this anyway.

The craftsmanship and the way it utterly MORPHS into almost a completly different perfume is pretty amazing to me. It almost 'shapeshifts'. Well done, once again. Thanks gals!

Edited by cheeseburger79