Shady Lady

therapygirl

OMG!!! I am IN LOVE!!!!! This one captured perfectly the exact smell of the back of the neck of someone I LOVE to smell! This one is resin, musk and ambergris yes, but it isn't heavy and deep like I expected. The note that it captured from the special neck is almost a watery or ethereal feel (not aquatic before anyone panics) it just makes you take an extra pull at the top of the breath to make sure the smell that made you swoon was real. This one is a full bottle for sure!

is almost a watery or ethereal feel (not aquatic before anyone panics)

LOL, now see my reaction on sniffing was that there is a watery green somewhere in there. It's surprising, but this is one of the ones I'm looking forward to, so...*tries not to panic* :lol:

:lol:

I accept your challenge! *bows*

Like I say, it's crazy because I'm a Pisces! Water is my element! And yet in perfume...not so much. I'm more like a Scorpio when it comes to scent, very earthy and dark.

Do you feel sexy? Well, you WILL with this soft, yet mysterious Chypre / Floral, turned around with the addition of hand blended Dragon's Blood resins, Musk, Ambergris, Spice, and just a touch of Brandy

I agree with TG. This smells like sweet skin. Slightly sweet, slightly musky. The floral is there, but it almost smells like a faint whiff of almost evaporated men's cologne. Not masculine smelling at all. Goes along with that sweet skin smell.

It does have an etheral feel, but is not aquatic. It also feels green, but doesn't actually have a green note that I can pin down. More of a feeling that it is there somewhere, eluding my nose. It smells fresh out of the shower clean, but not soapy. There are a lot of descriptions here, but they are all trying to describe the same elusive feeling of mystery.

• 2 weeks later...

*sighs*

This turns to hairspray on me...there must be something about brandy accords and my chemistry, because Elementary did the same thing (so did Phantom of the Trailer Park, but that might have been the spumante). It starts out with a very mysterious sort of green tone to it, and since it's a chypre/floral I really shouldn't have been surprised it didn't jive with me. With initial application it gave me a rather classic perfume type of vibe - it is sophisticated and womanly. I don't get the skin evocation, though, just a sort of freshness which then becomes a bit darker on the drydown.

Ooooh, me likes this one...I was sooo nervous about gettingthis but I really wanted to because the label looks so damned sexxxy, so I got 3 samples...fooled the heck outta me. Now I want a full bottle of this with some treasured heart or some drop your guard or some Est added in it...

I don't know how to describe the scents like you smart scent conissuers on this forum but I can say this...this here scent puts me in mind of two people who just get out of the shower and now they spend the rest of the morning cuddling and kissing in bed... oh yeah

I like this Shady lady...and the scent does match the artwork on the bottle...seeeexxxxyyy.

djac

I don't know how to describe the scents like you smart scent conissuers on this forum but I can say this...this here scent puts me in mind of two people who just get out of the shower and now they spend the rest of the morning cuddling and kissing in bed... oh yeah

I like this Shady lady...and the scent does match the artwork on the bottle...seeeexxxxyyy.

TG has been asking me about this one and my initial smell of it when my nose was a lil stuffed, was mmm, this is nice.

Now that I have my nose back I have slathered it on and mmm is right. I like it! Its got a definite masculine feel to it. Seems a lil green yet spicy. (I am not good at some descriptions) There is also a sexy musk that comes out on dry down. Djac's review about the shower and then two people cuddly is EXACTLY what I get with this scent!

I have JALN on as well, and I think this would be a great one to layer with it. I think this would be a fabulous layering scent!

• 3 weeks later...
This is really light and powdery on me... :cry: I'm not getting a lot of musk or darky notes - more like Old Lady perfume...

It was quite light on me too, with a fair bit of sweetness & florals

Nice, but not enough for me to buy a whole bottle :neutral:

Well I definetly dont get an Old Lady scent with this one (I have with others, but not this one) I find this too be more of a fresh mans scent for a woman.

Yay!!! I thought you'd like it! Try it with Sorceress!!! And with lp pink!

I prepped to mix! Which LP Pink do you prefer? I assume you arfe refering to mixing this with the original...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 6 years later...

I do not like this wet. lol But after 30 min drydown I really love the ethereal and wishy airiness. If this floral has rose geranium, I'm inclined to believe that may be what I'm not fond of :(

Never smelled ambergris before. Can't say I can point it out in this. Wish I could know.

I'm surprised I couldnt smell spice for nearly an hour. Normally things like cinnamon are definitely there, right? I love the spice and brandy here crescending very gracefully and slowly, taking over the strict floral.