Hoyden

therapygirl

Oh Ladies this one is fun too. In the vial it smells exactly like the best smelling grass ever. On drydown the dandelions peek out and the orchids shyly peek around. The honey and Brown sugar evade me, but I don't tend to amp them. This smells like spring and fun and I want a bottle!!!

Hoyden1.jpg

C'mon - just look at the expression on that kitty. It's side-splitting to me. Her ears are pinned, she has complete and utter mania in the eyes, her legs are splayed. I thought it was the perfect antithesis to the well behaved little girl. More like a representation of the type of little tom boy who rolls in the grass, gets her dress muddy in minutes, climbs trees, has scraped knees, and runs around like a little maniac. That's a hoyden. (My grandmother used to call me that!)

Kitty owners will recognize that look - just before they go tearing through the house at top speed, wrecking and trashing everything in their path... LOL!

On me, Hoyden starts with a bright sunny burst of sweet and green grasses and spring flowers...I can smell dandelions, feel the warm sun on my skin. It is joyful,icecream.gif it's a bottle of the "squirrely" feeling I get when spring arrives. The brightness mellows out on drydown, and the grasses faded. I added a tiny dab of "couch grass" oil I've got from another seller...it kind of extends that "happy field in springtime" in my mind. This is lovely, but I need to test the Hummingbird Nectar and others before I settle down to a full bottle for SURE on this...I'm going to try to retain some control.

Sweet Grasses, Orchids, Zinnia, Dandelion, Peach, Vanilla, Spring Honey and Brown Sugar. Excitement is in the air!!!

Wet - this smells exactly like the bottoms my pant legs when I have been hiking in the early summer after a light rain. I am hiking on a narrow trail, the grass and flowers that overhang on the trail are still damp. My legs brus against the flora and fauna, my feet trampling some as I go along. The juices are captured on my cuffs that hang just barely above the ground. This smells like spring!

As it dries down, the grass notes sink back a little, but just a little. That note smells more like the stems of fresh picked dandelions than grass now. This is the perfect pick-me-up scent when I am longing for spring. The peach is there, but very very subtle. I expected it to be more dominate on my skin, but it is more like the scent of ripe peach skin than the juices of the peach. Very beautiful and subtle.

This one is a keeper for me.

Edited by sultry brunette

This is definitely a blend for those who love green/Spring type scents. The topnote is that exact evocation of fresh dewy grass, with an eventual evolution towards gentle florals, especially daffodil (to my nose). In that respect it reminds me of Sun Catcher. In the drydown there is a faint whisper of the sweetness inherent in the mid and basenotes. It's not my type of scent, really, but for those who enjoy that kind of ambience you will think this is Spring in a bottle.

i cant add any more to the description than what is here already.

its all of that, and some sunshine.

bought a full size.

love it.

this is spring sweet grass and dandelions with a hint of sunshine, i don't get the sugar or honey but maybe that is what adds to the sunniness.

very nice - not sure if i would get a bottle but definitely more samples

I'm so torn with this one! I really love it, but I'm not sure if I will be able to give a full bottle the love it deserves. For now, I'm ordering another sample and hoping that if I really use it a lot there will be more available. Yes, I know, I'm livin' on the edge!!!

Normally - I love green scents so I felt totally secure ordering a full bottle unsniffed.

But Hoyden is just so not working on me. It's probably my wonky body chemistry and I never thought I say this - but it's too green. It's like it needs something to balance it out - a dash of fruit, a bit of amber - something.

I'm getting together my "willing to swap list" - and this one is going to find a home with someone who will enjoy it- rather than hiding in my LP box - unloved.

well, i'm with shelly b on this one.

my nose just doesn't like it. it doesn't smell unpleasant on me, i like florals as well as foody and resiney scents, but hoyden is a little to 'bright' for me. i think i need something in scents that 'warm' them or soften them in order to enjoy them.

is it because it is too green? i'm not experienced enough with LP's to tell.

for the life of me i can't smell the vanilla, honey and brown sugar, i'm totally surprised that they are in hoyden.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

This is lovely. It started as a bright cheerful grass and on drydown, the flowers came forward, giving the scent another perspective. I think my daughter will like this scent too.

• 1 month later...

This one is a teaser! Wet I can detect honey not too much but I know it's there. Honey and brown sugar, and a dollop of peach which immediately makes me think I am going to smell like snatch, but then as it dries down, that goes away into the background and greenery emerges. The grassy smell stays a bit on the skin, then it goes away to reveal a clean and pretty floral. It's almost like this is indicating that I am a tease but at the same time a sweet girl that likes to roll around on the grass and have fun.

• 4 weeks later...

This one is not for me. It smells too much like allergy causing flowers. It's very green on application, and it's a pleasant enough smell but not one I want to wear. The dry down is green with flowers. I just love love love the label though :)

I has a bottle of this amped with true confessions. Unfortunately it's a but too floral for me as well. I should have tried it before phero-ing it. I can't seem to part with it though either cause I just love the label.

• 10 months later...