Sugared Pumpkins

scourger

Ripe Pumpkins, warm and fresh from the oven, smothered in sugary sweetness! Magickal properties: fertility and plenty.

Finally a pumpkin scent which doesn't turn to turpentine on my skin.

Many of the pumpkin perfumes I've tried focus on the top note of the pumpkin smell, which is astringent and headache inducing for me. But Sugared Pumpkins finds the warm base note of the pumpkin instead. This scent has a buttery richness, and the faintest hint of spice to go along with the sugars. This is much subtler than I had expected, and less foody than I thought it would be.

In the drydown, this is a very light scent, soft and spicey, but not in a grandma sort of way. It is delicate, lovely and oddly refined for such a homey squash.

I cannot speak to the magickal properties, as I am working hard against fertility right now. I sure could use some plenty, so am still hoping that this will help.

. . . But Sugared Pumpkins finds the warm base note of the pumpkin instead. This scent has a buttery richness, and the faintest hint of spice to go along with the sugars. This is much subtler than I had expected, and less foody than I thought it would be.

. . .

What Scourger said! This month I have run shamelessly amok, buying all kinds of Halloweeny fragrances. I've got a lot o'punkin, but I still don't have anything quite like this. It's soft and sugary--I could wear this one to class, a show, even a church without feeling like I was overpowering the place. But it still has that perfect warm, autumn smell.

I guess I really did need another punkin!

OHHHHHH! I can't wait to try this one! Pumpkins are my favorite! I think I' go to the sample shop and nip this one and mmmm maybe dead mans float. I have not checked the boards yet has any body tryed dead man's float? I think it sound yum-diddly-umchus!

Peace and Peaches!

Pixie

Edited by Ivorypixie

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note to add to my review . . .

This also makes a great "sleepytime" scent. I've been wearing it to bed for several nights in a row now; it's the only "sleep" scent I have that reminds me of autumn, and it also seems to be conducive to remembering my dreams. Good stuff!

• 9 months later...

i absolutely love this scent and must get a bottle.I think I'll get a phero thrown in. It's the perfect, freshly cut, warm,simple and comforting pumpkin scent. It's my favorite pumpkin scent ever sauce it doesn't have all the other junk thrown in but still smells autumny... the more I sniff this the more i love it squeeeeeeeeeeee@!@!

edit to make a little more neat lol.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

• 5 years later...

I wanted a touch of autumn today, so I tried a sample of Sugared Pumpkins, and it was exactly what I needed! The sugar is not overwhelming, nor is it cloyingly sweet, but just the right amount to accent the definitive pumpkin scent. The scent is warm and buttery soothing, and is never ever sharp. I can't wait to wear this in the actual fall. It makes me feel cozy.