Sweet Nova

sadtomato

I got a mini sample of this with my own sugared scent and really like it! Sounds like a blend I'd pick myself.

At first whiff on my skin i thought it was going to be way too sweet for my tastes, but the sweetness of the amber and tonka quickly mellow out and the more tobacco scent of the tonka comes out. the neroli is gorgeous in this and blends so nicely with the tonka and amber it's not overpowering and show-stealing like it usually is on me.

this is a soft, almost smokey, sweet and sexy scent. i imagine it will be gorgeous on a hot day when it's amped by your own body heat.

This one sounds pretty interesting too....imo.

I am not sure I am a big fan of tonka but does it smell similar to vanilla or something??

I guess I should look things up instead of posting first....I dunno why I feel so lazy today...

This one sounds pretty interesting too....imo.

I am not sure I am a big fan of tonka but does it smell similar to vanilla or something??

I guess I should look things up instead of posting first....I dunno why I feel so lazy today...

to me, yeah, tonka is kind of like vanilla with that sweet thickness but it has a more woodsy or tobacco kind of center.

Tonka bean always ends up going nutty on me unless it's just a very small or well-blended amount (like I don't have any issues with the tonka in the Down and Dirty scents).

• 1 month later...

This one was sent to me quite by accident...I was supposed to get Lori's Twilight. I guess the labels are very similar. Well...this is not one I would have ever picked out for myself. I am SO glad it was given to me because it is fantastic. I love the warmth that comes from this. I layer my body with it. None of the scents overpower one another (on me anyway).

glad you were pleasently suprised Jo Anna! Hope you get your Twilight too! :blue_dancing_banana:

Okay, this is painful, Cheezy. Twilight has left the building. Forever gone. :) Alas, I guess it wasn't meant to be and I was supposed to carry on a love affair with Sweet Nova instead. It could be worse. :)

Well. That IS sad. I can try to remake it sometime. It was lilac, honey, white musk and other stuff that the gals would know( I think white sugar and maybe sugar cane?)

I'm glad everyone loved it while it lasted though! :)

• 1 year later...

Funny, I don't get the neroli AT ALL ... just very soft creamy amber and tonka. It's extremely powdery on me.

ETA Dang it has some crazy staying power. EIGHT hours and still going strong.

Edited by tyvey

• 5 years later...

I got this during summer PE and I can't wait until winter to wear it. Super spicy and vanilla at first but it tones down during drydown. Stings my skin quite a bit in sensitive areas,unfortunately. Smells like an expensive potpourri. But this is really sexy to me like I trail a cloud of mysterious spices as I stroll through an outdoor bazaar in Dubai. It's sweet but has a bite. I like it!

• 5 months later...

I'm going to review this again because it has aged. I'm big on tonka right now and frankly, this is so well blended that I can't pick that out individually. The spices are still strong but not as strong as 6 months ago. The sting is gone and I can wear it everywhere except for my neck. I love love love the sweetness and it reminds me of a cabin type of fall scent now vs. an arabian market. Love it.

So this one was remade? We're spices added to it? Just curious. The original is one I made for my roommate. Neroli, tonka and Amber, but sometimes I felt like there was black pepper in there somewhere too. I assume if it was remade the variations of notes would be different. I know Sugared Darkness was remade but this slipped by me somehow. I'd be interested to see what it's like. :)

Eta: I think the neroli might be what's spicy in the old one. The Amber is super powdery and the tonka is pulling deep vanilla on me.

Edited by cheeseburger79