Sweet Lorien B.

sadtomato

i couldn't find any reviews for this, but if i just missed them...feel free to move this.

this is gorgeous!

i'm always kind of scared of rose 'cause different kinds of rose and rose blended with different things can just go so many ways on my skin...and make my head go wonky, too.

but with strawberry, vanilla and sugar? umm...yum! why did no one think of this sooner?

the rose IS strong, but if any of you get headaches from strong florals or other super-strong scents, let me tell you this one isn't bothering me at all. i guess it's because it's blended with equally strong strawberry, then mellowed out by vanilla.

to me, it's hard to even say rose at first because i get this totally newly invented scent instead...sweet strawberry and vanilla with that singular strong stab of rose smell.

it's really not overly floral, nor is it incredibly fruity....just sweet, red goodness which mellows out and becomes even sweeter after a few minutes.

Gracias!! I can't say much more about this than you two already did save to say, if Im HAVING to pick a favorite the scales are tipping between this and Sugared Twilight for me(out of my customs).

I wore it to a dirty sweaty rock show last night and I'm still catching whisps of juicy roseberry goodness the next day. (yeah I know- I needs to shower, I has hangover!). But I adore this. I do belive our dear potion master does too!

Again hats off to M&D for bringing my vision to life, and I'm so glad you gals love it!

This is really really pretty...for those moments when you want to feel all girly-twirly (as I put it, heh). It has a really nice throw, I get more of the strawberry in the vial, but the roses and vanilla remind me a lot of Sugared Babe. Those of you who have Babe, it's like a lighter version of that one, with a different kind of sweetness in the top. But anyone who likes the "pink" scents like LP Pink and Fairest, this is another one in that vein.

luna's 'girly-twirly' comment is perfect. this is just so pretty-girl feminine. i feel like a virgin, lol! it's light and delicate, the rose and strawberry meld so well together that it's as if 'roseberries' really do exist! it's very light on me, hope it doesn't dissapear on my skin too soon! i'l edit after a few hours have passed.

such a pretty perfume cheese!

eta: oh, this was doesn't last on me at all. after an hour, it's gone. my skin ate it, i'd half to reapply liberally and often. wouldn't be such a bad thing!

Edited by cyberianhussy

Oh so sad!!! It lasted 16 hours on me!! Seriously! Through a rock show! So strange...ah well, c'est la vie.

on an up note-sounds like your not waiting for Godot anymore! :lol:

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 3 weeks later...

girly twirly is perfect, sweet strawberry roses with a cream vanilla and a hint of sweetness - just what us girls are made of - sugar, spice, everything nice

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in love. This scent is glorious!!! If I can just keep from licking myself (location of application would be important here) I'll be just fine. I'm ordering another bottle as back up. :huh:

This scent is a sweetened rose unlike the Sugared Roses because it uses strawberry to enhance it. It's quite lovely without being an in your face rose scent.

Once again those LP ladies show us what they can do. Wonderful!!

• 4 weeks later...

The strawberry really comes out on me in this one. The rose is really subtle. In the bottle, this is fantastic. On me, it turns a little. I can't quite describe it other than to say that it is slightly "off". It still smells good, but I don't think it is how it should smell. It doesn't WOW me. I like it, but not a bottle purchase for me. I think it is the strawberry that is not meshing as well with my chemistry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello can anyone review this for me with the rose Strawberry vanilla?Thanks ladies!

Hi Luna that's weird I started this as a new thread because I couldn't find any reviews on it .Hmmmm so strange.Anyway glad to hear such good things about this.It sounds divine!

• 7 months later...

If you love pink scents, try this. If you love berries, try this. If you're a dessert foodie (like yours truly), try this. If you're afraid of rose, JUST TRY THIS!!

The best way to describe Sweet Lorien B. is a sugary berry confection with vanilla cream and candied rose petals on top. It's feminine, nomable, and maybe not smutty but still manages to be sexy. The rose is not dry or overpowering at all, the pink sugar is sweet enough without being cloying, the berries are tart enough to balance out the sweetness, and the vanilla grounds it deliciously. Along with Fairest, this one is a great example of bottling all your pink fluffy little-girl fantasies to wear at your convenience. :lol:

Edited by Invidiana

• 5 months later...
If you love pink scents, try this. If you love berries, try this. If you're a dessert foodie (like yours truly), try this. If you're afraid of rose, JUST TRY THIS!!

The best way to describe Sweet Lorien B. is a sugary berry confection with vanilla cream and candied rose petals on top. It's feminine, nomable, and maybe not smutty but still manages to be sexy. The rose is not dry or overpowering at all, the pink sugar is sweet enough without being cloying, the berries are tart enough to balance out the sweetness, and the vanilla grounds it deliciously. Along with Fairest, this one is a great example of bottling all your pink fluffy little-girl fantasies to wear at your convenience. :blink:

My kids love this but unfortunately it's no longer available.

• 1 month later...

Jusssst mayyyybeeeee....I'll try to do this one again. It won't be exactly the same(thinkin of switching red rose for pink and cherry for strawberry(think that would 'fall' it up? maybe even a teensy dash of spice...), perhaps. But I need to get some cash in the bank first.

Again, I'm really glad you all enjoyed it though!

• 10 months later...

Lorien's PE usually work very well for me, and this one is no exception. Which is interested, because strawberry is a bit of a death note for me (event though I do love the fruit itself).

However - the strawberry in this is not only bearable, it's actually quite pretty and it melds very well with the rose. It's youthful without being childish, it's girly without being twee. Who knew?!? Consider my eyes officially open as to what strawberry can bring to a perfume blend.

The rose is gorgeous, and the vanilla rounds out the blend very nicely. It doesn't have tons of throw on me, but the staying power is quite good - I'd say 8 hours or so.

• 1 year later...

I'm wearing this today and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! The rose to me is very pretty and pink, then there is his delicious sugared vanilla thing that keeps dancing in my face..it reminds me of a dantier version of Sugar Plum Fae. Like Sugar Plum Fae is Coke or Midnight and Sweet Lorien B is Diet Coke or Sunset.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I wore this to bed last night and its BEAUTIFUL! I smelled like sweet pink roses with a sugar glaze. Yes, like the above reviews, this IS "rose berry" The strawberry gives it more of a pinky, girly vibe and gives it a little extra than Sugared Roses. It makes me feel girly and cuddly- I usually love rose scents but this is definitely in my top 5 favorite rose perfumes. Soooo happy I was able to score this from the trading post! Thanks Cheesey!