Oidhche Shamhna

Mimosa Pour Moi

Oidhche Shamhna: "The early Trick-or-Treaters of Scotland and Ireland went round to farmer's houses for treats of coin or fresh buttered bread. The tradition continues and crosses the pond in this more modern American treat - the fragrance of fresh buttered popcorn balls, drizzled with milk chocolate and caramel!"

Wet: MMMM mouth watering butter popcorn balls!!!!! I can smell the toffee like quality caramel and chocolate. It makes me hungry when I wear this.

Dry: Sticky butter popcorns still going strong...milk chocolate fades...caramel is sticking on my skin like a glue!!! It's just delicous!!!! I need some chocolates, NOW!

Verditc: I miss Scotland and my boss told me I smelled good the other day. She couldnt tell what it was but said smelle like bisuits and chocolates. :) Over all the blend smells like those large popcorn or chocolate balls in a giant tin that you would see around Holiday seasons...

MPM

• 1 month later...

This really IS a dead ringer for popcorn balls! Just an amazing scent. Popcorn balls followed by chocolate . . . On me the chocolate tends to turn bitter, sadly, but there's no way I'm giving up my sample vial. I've tried it in an oil burner, and it's just too good as a room scent. Except it keeps making me hungry . . . :(

I'm just going to third all of the above. This is a lovely potion it smells delicious - dreamy popcorn smothered in creamy chocolate. I've tried two chocolate scents from here now Valentine's chocolates and this and they have both stayed true chocolate on me - which is more than some of the chocolate-based fragrances from other places have.

I like this one and it would be great for anyone, but particularly if you work with children - kids really seem to gravitate towards chocolatey perfumes.

May

I don't get popcorn out of this, more of a vanilla caramel, with a breath of milk chocolate.

This is another one that makes me hungry when I wear it, so it doesn't see a lot of use. It does make me smell good enough to eat, but when I tried wearing it for, *ahem*, edibility purposes, it was found not to taste as good as it smells.

This one is slightly less hunger inducing than Pied Piper, so I may try it as a kid friendly perfume some time.

• 1 month later...

This smells exactly like the popcorn balls my great grandmother makes for christmas. The buttery note gets sort of overwhelming on my skin, so I probably wouldn't wear it that much, but the scent is dead on for chocolate popcorn balls! I'm really amazed by the accuracy of foody scents.

I like this one and it would be great for anyone, but particularly if you work with children - kids really seem to gravitate towards chocolatey perfumes.

My son doesn't like the ones with chocolate scent that much......but he LOVES the ones with cinnamon-y notes. One of his favorites is Autumnal Equinox.....he says it smells like cinnamon rolls. When I put it on, he follows me through the house, smelling the "scent trail" that I leave..... :(

Ok, back to "Oidhche Shamhna"......I got a sample of this, and it is ABSOLUTELY yummy! It makes me hungry, though....good for special occassions, like holiday parties.......you'll smell better than the dessert table..... <_<

• 5 months later...

OK, I just can't see that smelling like popcorn would be all that great, but I still keep coming back to check this out. I guess I'm just going to have to get a sample and sniff for myself. I keep thinking it might be good to wear the month of October, though, reminiscent of the best candy from trick or treating for when I need a change from all the pumpkiny scents I pull out then.

Darbla

• 1 month later...

I just received a sample of this and, um I smell NO popcorn, NO carmel, NOTHING foody :blue_dancing_banana: I was so hoping for a sweet gooey foody scent but nothing. I am almost thinking the label is wrong lol.

The scent I get iswatery and a light sweet floral with a little bit of light greenery in the background. It is actually a lovelly watery scent that I am adoring ;) lol so not sure what is going on, but I LIKE!

gosh CC that doesn't sound right to me. I have mine right her and sniffing the bottle I get chocolate, and a salty undertone that's the popcorn, and it is kinda strong in the vial. I haven't worn it on me but I cannot imagine it as watery. As a matter of fact, my son has worn it and it is in your face loud. You may well have the wrong label baby girl!

sweetie- I think you have a mis labeled bottle!

Remind me in your next order and I will send a REAL one- you could have Ashes to Dust.

Phew, lol good to know, but you know I am SOOO happy that I got a mislabeled bottle :001_tt2: I am ok not having another oe sent as this is so good, I see it as lucky that I received it :bananajoy: ALSO I have another Oidhche coming in a trade so I will be able to smell the real goodness. (oh and this was a free sample, so it was a gift to start with) Thanks though SG, I am so going to figer out which this is as I may want a bottle of it! :bow:

It must be the season because I was sooo interested in this that I just ordered a sample. If I wore this would that make the trick or the treat? :001_302:

• 3 months later...

I LOVE this scent. It's my favorite bedtime aroma.

This was one that was added into an order I made. One I would have never tried. I'm so grateful it was included because it's my soothing, relaxing, sweet dreams scent.

Popcorn, creamy chocolate, and caramel is what I get when it's wet. Dry, it's creamy happiness with a touch of chocolate and caramel. The popcorn completely vanishes and I'm left with calming aroma that absolutely wonderful . My only sadness is that it doesn't last as long as I wish - which is to say that I wish it would last through the night so I could wake up to this soothing scent. But in a way it does because it gets on my sheets ;)

I know one day Mara is going to post this on the going, going, gone list and that will be the day I snag what's left. :001_tt2:

I just received a sample of this and, um I smell NO popcorn, NO carmel, NOTHING foody :001_tt2: I was so hoping for a sweet gooey foody scent but nothing. I am almost thinking the label is wrong lol.

The scent I get iswatery and a light sweet floral with a little bit of light greenery in the background. It is actually a lovelly watery scent that I am adoring ;) lol so not sure what is going on, but I LIKE!

Oh wow, I wonder if you somehow got a long lost 'Mermaids of Atlantis' vial? If so, lucky you!

Did you get the other sample you had on the way? How did that turn out?

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I got me a sample of this one too!

It makes me sooo hungry for cookies.

Oidhche Shamhna smells sweet like nommy cookies. I get whiffs of some rich and creamy chocolate and a little bit of caramel. I'm going to need more of this...unfortunately I think it's sold out!

Stalk the trade pages because that is where I picked up my bottle, it’s a very yummy blend and since I was looking for another chocolate blend that would satisfy me since I’m almost out of Odalisque, I grabbed this one when it was available.

Obviously this is a completely different chocolate note than is in Odalisque but the staying power of this on my skin is amazing and I use this in conjunction with AVV to get more of the vanilla going…

Good Luck, I hope you find a bottle.

Stalk the trade pages because that is where I picked up my bottle, it’s a very yummy blend and since I was looking for another chocolate blend that would satisfy me since I’m almost out of Odalisque, I grabbed this one when it was available.

Obviously this is a completely different chocolate note than is in Odalisque but the staying power of this on my skin is amazing and I use this in conjunction with AVV to get more of the vanilla going…

Good Luck, I hope you find a bottle.

NIce! Thanks, I hope I can get a bottle or something very similar too!