The Belladonna Brew

knjsavy

My first reaction was oh sweet Jesus

Sweet but not sugary, i get sweet woods - I can see the muses dancing in the woods amongst all the flowers - at times i would get an individual floral smell and then the bouquet of spring

glad i got a bottle of this as it is floral but not a heavy one - for those that are iffy on florals this would be great

I wish i was better at detecting and describing notes so you could get a hint of how wonderful the March brews are

i'm quite curious about this one...but i dunno if i'm curious enough to order a bottle without smelling it first.

hmm...better go with a sample.

My first reaction was oh sweet Jesus

Sweet but not sugary, i get sweet woods - I can see the muses dancing in the woods amongst all the flowers - at times i would get an individual floral smell and then the bouquet of spring

glad i got a bottle of this as it is floral but not a heavy one - for those that are iffy on florals this would be great

I wish i was better at detecting and describing notes so you could get a hint of how wonderful the March brews are

I AGREE with you totally on this one Knjsavy...I have nothing else to add or subract...hehe...

Good review ;)

I ordered a sample of this speifically for the morning glory property of nightmare banishment. I am plagued by nightmares..always have been. Anyone have feedback on that aspect of this scent?

cant help with the scent.

wondering if you were taking B-complex suppliments, or vitamin B-6.

also, people taking "energy" drinks, or energy suppliments will suffer with nightmares as well.

over-use of vitamin B-6 (found in redbull,too, if i am not mistaken) will/can cause nightmares.

sorry if i am out of line here :)

cant help with the scent.

wondering if you were taking B-complex suppliments, or vitamin B-6.

also, people taking "energy" drinks, or energy suppliments will suffer with nightmares as well.

over-use of vitamin B-6 (found in redbull,too, if i am not mistaken) will/can cause nightmares.

sorry if i am out of line here :)

Wow, I've never heard that... I feel so shitty if I DON'T megadose on my Bs... Gonna have to look into this. Is it specifically taking too much B-6 or what? I rock the B-12s mostly... Are you sure it's the 'Bs' in Red Bulls though? I didn't think they had that much, but they (among other 'energy drinks') DO have many ingredients that cause interesting reactions for some, as well as coming from *questionable* animal sources, IIRC... the taurine maybe? For one...

Hope I'm not interrupting :Blusher: , and sorry I don't have an answer either re: the scent or morning glory aspect, but the B angle is intriguing. Please, share!! ETA: And, hope your sleep troubles are banished soon, blupest-- by whatever means!

On another note (no pun intended,) I was also interested to see osmanthus as a main note considering some of Mara's-- errrr, opinions of it I read somewhere. I googled it and it sounded very pretty... the ladies apparently found a source they found more agreeable :wink2: ! I'd LOVE to hear their take on that, and a description from the masters (hint, beg, plead;-)

Edited by kblazin

I *love * osmanthus.

Here is some nifty info-

http://www.plantwiki.org/w/Osmanthus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Osmanthus

It depends on the type, climate and soil as to the fragrance, some are vanilla type, some of peach type, some vanilla blossom floral type- I wanted to do one for a while, and with the magickal properties it has and spring- it was on my list of brews for quite a while!

I *love * osmanthus.

Here is some nifty info-

http://www.plantwiki.org/w/Osmanthus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Osmanthus

It depends on the type, climate and soil as to the fragrance, some are vanilla type, some of peach type, some vanilla blossom floral type- I wanted to do one for a while, and with the magickal properties it has and spring- it was on my list of brews for quite a while!

:) Well hello, and thanks SG!

The wikipedia link is one of the ones I read and thought that it sounded GORGEOUS and just so 'LP' to me (SO glad to see it's getting used!) But the name sounded forum-familiar, and sure enough, I found some unfavorable (footy!) comments about it from Mara... is it just a to-may-to/to-mah-to thing? Or did she perhaps have a bad run-in with a particularly pungent osmanthus source? Regardless, I would absolutely love to hear your take on it in ths scent, and how it turned out... :Blusher:

Plus, I have to know, is osmanthus in any of our other beloveds? It sounds apricot-y, and both Scandalous and LPBI for example were ridiculously deliciously (and addictively!) apricot-y, or is that a coincidence...

Replying to question under my last post here: Naa,no supplements or energy drinks..its been a life long plague,the nightmares. I have some achingly beautiful dreams too though; with odd creatures in colours I have not seen the exact likeness of in reality,amazing landscapes etc.

Sometimes I am even afraid to GO to sleep when I am going through a period of recurrent nightmares. Which is why I am sometimes posting at odd hours,heh.

At any rate, my sample is on the way and I am looking forward to it.

Danna,

The Sweet Osmanthus or Osmanthus Fragrans is I believe Tea Olive that I had emailed about getting a scent made with. It is one of the scents that really speaks the south to me. I am going to see if it smells the same in my sample that is coming. If it is the one that I want, could I get it in a sugared scent? I had also emailed about a plant called Carolina Allspice or Sweet Shrub. Do you know it? It's a southern thing too. Absolutely breathtaking. It has a cousin called a banana shrub. I would DIE for a fragrance with Sweet Shrub fragrance!

Bright sweet and refreshing but not too bright or super sweet. Feel like I'm smelled something like it before. Perfect timing I got my sample, I may get a bottle too. Kind of aquatic but not really.(don't let this comment scare you) Maybe I'm just associating it with this rainy stormy day.

Bright sweet and refreshing but not too bright or super sweet. Feel like I'm smelled something like it before. Perfect timing I got my sample, I may get a bottle too. Kind of aquatic but not really.(don't let this comment scare you) Maybe I'm just associating it with this rainy stormy day.

I want to try this one so bad! I have to get my hands on a sample! Today! Wishful thinking I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got it! I love it. It is so light and clean. I don't know what it is, but IT IS GOOD! It isn't really sweet, but sort of. It isn't really floral, except maybe a little. I wouldn't say it was a yummy smell. I am wearing it tonight. I want to see how it holds up outside at a festival. I wish it was a little stronger on me. I want everyone to smell it. Maybe I need the lotion too!

I absolutely LOVE this one in the bottle (or sampler) it smells so bright and fabulous. However when I apply it to my skin it only keeps the wonderful scent until drydown. Once Dry it becomes soap on my skin.

So sad, I really want to be able to capture the initial wet scent of this and not be sporting Zest fully-clean scent all the time. It really is silly what our skin does to some scents :waiting:

Well you could always do the ol'cotton-ball-in-your-bra trick that scrouger recommended, so that the scent doesn't interact with your skin at all (or a scent locket if you have one).

Edited by luna65

Well you could always do the ol'cotton-ball-in-your-bra trick that scrouger recommended, so that the scent doesn't interact with your skin at all (or a scent locket if you have one).

Oh that is a good idea, I havent got a scent locket nor do I see myself getting one, so I will have to try the cotton goodness :)

• 3 weeks later...
Replying to question under my last post here: Naa,no supplements or energy drinks..its been a life long plague,the nightmares. I have some achingly beautiful dreams too though; with odd creatures in colours I have not seen the exact likeness of in reality,amazing landscapes etc.

Sometimes I am even afraid to GO to sleep when I am going through a period of recurrent nightmares. Which is why I am sometimes posting at odd hours,heh.

At any rate, my sample is on the way and I am looking forward to it.

If I eat I within 2 hours before I go to bed, I have nightmares.

This one is what bright yellow-blue smells like to me. It is a springy citrus floral that is beautifully done. Clean and sexy at the same time.

It smells exactly that way to me. I'm really lucky that fragrance doesn't interact with my chemistry,so I can wear everything I fancy. However, does anyone know what this potion is for. I'm a little confused? Is it like cougar minus pheros, or is it just a glamour potion in general?

From the description:

A glamour and renewal potion - made for spring rites, happiness, and rejuvenation.

From the description:

A glamour and renewal potion - made for spring rites, happiness, and rejuvenation.

Thanx!

• 3 weeks later...

This reminds me of Last Breath of Summer, in that it's a citrusy floral. Although it has more of an orange aura to it than lemon. It does have a sort of clean evocation to it, which of course on my skin normally equals "soapy." *sigh*

• 7 months later...
Overall, this is an effervescent fruity floral--pretty, but just not dark/smutty/foody enough for me personally. :)

I really liked this one, actually. I'm regretting trading my bottle off *sigh*. It was because I had it amped with popularity (which for some reason can go wrong for me,lol). :censored: