The Lttle Goth Girl Next Door

liz

I wish I was better at describing what I'm experiencing w/this one, I can only say I REALLY like this one. Did anyone else get this ? wet, I get roses, but not in an offense way, now that it's dried down (1st applied about an hour ago) I'm not sure what I'm getting, it's sweet, perhaps the clove or vanilla, or both...anyway, I'm wearing it to work tomorrow.

Edited by liz

I wish I was better at describing what I'm experiencing w/this one, I can only say I REALLY like this one. Did anyone else get this ? wet, I get roses, but not in an offense way, now that it's dried down (1st applied about an hour ago) I'm not sure what I'm getting, it's sweet, perhaps the clove or vanilla, or both...anyway, I'm wearing it to work tomorrow.

Yep, Liz, I got it too, and I agree - it's *beautiful* and an unexpected love for me. It's much more gentle than expected, the mahogany and sandalwood are softly blended with the lovely rose note. Rose amps on me to some degree, so I might try this again with some D5 underneath and see if I can get more vanilla and clove. Yeah, it's a winner, SG! Gorgeous.

Alright so crazy ol me smelt my LGGND and my nymph sample, one after eachother in the vial, and I thought they were the same scent! To me they both smelt aquatic with a touch of green in the vial. I even emailed SG and was sure I had a mislabeled sample. I was told there was a similarity but on the skin they would show their differences.

So I applied them both to either leg (more room and no other LPs there :msn_red_fox_smilies-09: ) and WOW boy are they ever different, and beautiful!

LGGND is still not what I had expected. I thought it would be a lil darker scent but it is very pretty. I definetly get a powdery rose scent with this one with other notes rounding it and making it just lovely. This is a beautiful spring day scent when the sun is shining and the flowers are blooming and you are on a romantic picinic with someone special. BUT I can also see this as a beautiful romantic dinner scent that just envelopes the one you are with and they get lost in your scent and your beauty...

Well done SG, this is a very nice scent with so many levels. Glad I applied :) :) ;) lol

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so sad :lol: I was hoping this would be another one for my "rose collection" but it doesn't like my skin! Or maybe it's actually that my skin likes it too much...It's lovely when wet but just disapears into a very faint powdery, fresh laundry type scent on dry down :) It lasted less than an hour on me :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

Wow...when I first wore this it gave me a scent memory of Avon's Roses, Roses cologne (or maybe it's To A Wild Rose). I think some of the other notes made the rose very powdery on me. Wet, this has more of a traditional rose evocation with a woody base, like roses growing near a wooden fence. Over time the clove emerges for just a hint of spice but it's tempered by the wood notes. Surprisingly the linen does not come out on me at all (unlike Scarlet Silk) except maybe just the slightest hint of dusty cloth. Eventually the rose is gone altogether and it's all vaguely spicy wood with a tiny hint of vanilla waaaay in the background. Really interesting how it evolved on me.

• 4 months later...

I recieved this as a sample. I would never have ordered it. I was expecting to be a dark vanilla rose. Many times Rose and magnolia scents don't work at all with me. I was very, pleasantly surprised. This may be one of my favorite LP scents. Light floral with a little something else in there. On me it isn't spicy at all or overly rose. I LOVE it. I am going to have to order a full bottle. Definitley a summer scent, but I put it up there as one of my top 5.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this one while it's wet. Once it dries for a sec, the rose smells just lovely. Something fun and sassy about it thoughwith the vanilla and spices. However after about an hour it turns on me, gets a little too dark somehow and my head starts to hurt. It's so nicely blended and goes through some nice stages. Great for a scent locket I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

I just love this; I think it embodies my personality really well. I don't dress according to any genre, but I'm just a dark type in general. Little Goth Girl is an alluring and mysterious mix of exotic woods, dark roses and sweet vanilla and clove. I know there are people afraid of rose out there, but the rose here is especially dark and pretty subtle, not the pungent type that hits you in the face which is sometimes found in bargain-bin body lotions (had an experience with that once…ugh). The vanilla adds a rich creaminess which is especially lovely, and the clove is the perfect sweet-but-dark finishing touch. Perfect for my vampirish self, hee.

:019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

• 1 month later...
I just love this; I think it embodies my personality really well. I don't dress according to any genre, but I'm just a dark type in general. Little Goth Girl is an alluring and mysterious mix of exotic woods, dark roses and sweet vanilla and clove. I know there are people afraid of rose out there, but the rose here is especially dark and pretty subtle, not the pungent type that hits you in the face which is sometimes found in bargain-bin body lotions (had an experience with that once…ugh). The vanilla adds a rich creaminess which is especially lovely, and the clove is the perfect sweet-but-dark finishing touch. Perfect for my vampirish self, hee.

:lol:

I was going to get a sample based on your review alone, but alas :666: , tis out of stock. I used to wear Alternative Breeding's Eternal Hunger and was trolling for something similar. I adore clove and foodey scents.

Edited by DeliberateAngel

There are five bottles in stock. Maybe you can post and ask someone to send you a sniffie....

• 9 months later...

This one smelled a lot like rosewood to me. It was a bit faint and didn't really bloom on my skin like some of the others. Oh well, can't win them all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
LGGND is still not what I had expected. I thought it would be a lil darker scent but it is very pretty. I This is a beautiful spring day scent when the sun is shining and the flowers are blooming and you are on a romantic picinic with someone special.

Totally agree with Curiouschic on this! It is a very potent LIGHT Rose scent, iwith a linen quality to it? Reminds me a bit of His4her? Except this is softer and more subtle... I was hoping that this will be a dark sexy rose but on me it is a pretty, light, sophisticated rose ;)

Wet: It's slight green and aquatic:) FRESH rose and not too sweet :666:

Dry: Light rose and slightly powdery :666: LIKE!!!

This is too light and fresh for me :) I think i will prefer a heavier base? This is a LOVELY surprise!!! :):):) Will be using it for scenting my room with my oil lamp :) I wonder what it will be like mixing it with Weapon X??? Hmmm :):):)

• 2 years later...

I can't believe there isn't a nonstop uproar about this one. Its floral for floral lovers and foody for foody lovers and resin for resin lovers. Going on it had the same feel as midnight cravings-- vanilla-heavy, resins in an "accessible" way (ie a way that I can actually wear), heavy and creamy and sultry and warm and mysterious, hinting of shadowy dealings and dim back rooms. As it dries it becomes ore powdery and woody. Right now, very late drydown, it smells like indeterminate flowers and polished wood. At no point did I pick up recognizable roses, lol. Going to hunt the tradeposts. Thank you to very sweet generous trader who sent me this precious sniffie ;)

Edited by tyvey

I can't believe there isn't a nonstop uproar about this one. Its floral for floral lovers and foody for foody lovers and resin for resin lovers. Going on it had the same feel as midnight cravings-- vanilla-heavy, resins in an "accessible" way (ie a way that I can actually wear), heavy and creamy and sultry and warm and mysterious, hinting of shadowy dealings and dim back rooms. As it dries it becomes ore powdery and woody. Right now, very late drydown, it smells like indeterminate flowers and polished wood. At no point did I pick up recognizable roses, lol. Going to hunt the tradeposts. Thank you to very sweet generous trader who sent me this precious sniffie ;)

Omg I must go smell this. I have a sample but I never tried it because I was a bit scared of the girl on the label. We must both be feeling goth today because I slathered on Strange and Unusual... omg must go review