Christine's Tropical Musk

Nightlife

From a lovely freebie in my order! This is a beautiful scent - perfect for walking the beach or the gardens this summer. At first, I thought there was something that was going to turn this perfume on me - what I call the dreaded "gardenia effect." For me, gardenia (usually) goes nasty, really cloying, taking up all my nose space with a high, old-ladyish, greeny noise. But, all my fears faded as the musks took over and the bamboo mellowed things a bit. It is a gently green musk that is fresh yet seductive with light throw. Lasts at least a few hours. I will want a bottle before it goes away. Good going, Christine! :)

Usually the "pale" musks don't do well on me, but the creaminess of the coconut really enhances this scent. It's not entirely sweet, but it just feels like a fresh yet decadent skin musk. The day I wore this I liked it very much...a really nice Summer scent which isn't too heavy and lasts a good while.

Ooohhh, I am so excited for my bottle to come. I wanted a really nice summer tropical scent that wasn't the normal sweet floral, suntan lotion coconut or fruity drink kind of thing. I thought long and hard on it. It was hard to come up with something in just three notes that did what I wanted this to do. I am so glad it worked! It sounds like exactly what I wanted. :).

Ooohhh, I am so excited for my bottle to come. I wanted a really nice summer tropical scent that wasn't the normal sweet floral, suntan lotion coconut or fruity drink kind of thing. I thought long and hard on it. It was hard to come up with something in just three notes that did what I wanted this to do. I am so glad it worked! It sounds like exactly what I wanted. :) .

The ladies captured this amazingly. The bamboo is a nice green scent and the musk is light and works so well with the coconut addition. Very Nice SB!

I am soooo jealous that you are all sniffing it. :) . I orderd some bath and body, so my order is taking a little longer to arrive...

I can send you my lil sniffee. I dont think you will get it til Wednesday or friday, but I am more than happy to send it to you. Let me know if you want it :)

This is such a lovely scent! Wonderful combo Christine!

My skin chemistry does really well with green musk. The bamboo is light and the coconut gives it just a little bit of sweetness. And I agree with the other ladies, this will be a great summer time scent. Full bottle!

I can send you my lil sniffee. I dont think you will get it til Wednesday or friday, but I am more than happy to send it to you. Let me know if you want it :lol:

Thanks. If you don't mind, I would love it. I'll send it back in the next shipment I send to you. :Hug_emoticon:.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

BUMP.

Spring is here ladies - and for those of you who haven't sniffed this one - Christine & Mara nailed it.

This is a total skin musk scent but all grown up. Hints of tropical with the Coconut but the bamboo greens it up just enough. Whenever I wear this I get compliments.

A great clean skin musk scent - that doesn't smell all drug store cheap - is for me - the Holy Grail. This one comes awfully close to perfect.

• 3 months later...

delicious, I am testing this now! This reminds me of an old bottle of suntan oil my grandma kept in a back room along with hats and old towels. We would go to the beach wearing flip-flops that were too big. This smells like the people on the beach, worshipping the sun. Add a popsicle and my experience is complete.

Edited by perfumesniffer

Lovely musky coconut; wet there is a certain watery freshness from the bamboo, not exactly green, just like fresh water, but on me that quickly fades and the coconutty musk, with a hint of pineapple comes and and just takes me away on vactaion.

The only possible difference I might observe between the new brew and the original is I'm not sure if the original had that dash of pineapple. For me it just adds to the "fresh" quality I enjoy so much but it's not steering it into Pina Colada Land or anything. This is my summer love for certain!

Yeah it would be a nice carrier, definitely. CTM shimmers more than sparkles but it is a good choice for the upbeat vibe of Stone Cougar.

Edited by luna65

• 2 weeks later...
Lovely musky coconut; wet there is a certain watery freshness from the bamboo, not exactly green, just like fresh water, but on me that quickly fades and the coconutty musk, with a hint of pineapple comes and and just takes me away on vactaion.

I was not keen on this one due to the coconut and pineapple content. I don't want to smell like a bottle of suntan lotion or pina colada.

The colour of the fragrance caught my eye (my assumption isthe lighter the colour of the fragrance, the lighter/fresher the scent is). It smelled so soft and 'cozy' that I decided to slather on before going to bed. I love it for its lightness and I didn't detect the 'green' component.

Yes, although this will not become my signature fragrance but it is something which I would like to use so 2 full bottles coming my way!

• 4 weeks later...

Trying for first time today -- I see why it is an alltime favorite! It's uplifting and cool (temperature-wise) and a bit sweet and sexy and though some might not I would totally wear this at night. This would be a mega-hit commercially I think, especially in places that are warm year-round. I got a lot of musk at first, very nicely melded with some non-foody, non-suntan-lotiony coconut... but my skin has drunk it fairly quickly and now I've mostly just got shimmery bamboo. With a barrier layer first I could see going through this by the gallon.

• 3 months later...

I LOVE THIS SCENT!!! Itz fruity and sweet to me!! SO NICE!! Reminded me a peach cream set my best buddy got me years ago! Which TOTALLY cheered up my day!!!! :lol:

4 tiny drops on my arm and wrist which made me feel like i have the strongest coconut + (peach?) CREAM on!! YUMMY.... :001_tt2: I didn't even have to purposely sniff my arm/ wrist! It's almost like how you smell the scent when you put ur cream to ur body!!! I WAS IN LOVE....

3 hours later... i got a faint scent of bamboo and a bit of sweetness, it's LOVELY!!! It gives a sweet elegant feel to it? I was so happy that i kept sniffing my wrist!!! :P I think this might be a bottle for me :) Still need to try out more on this one!!! This is more like a day scent for me :)

This totally surprised me coz i thought i wasn't into sugary, fruity scents... but LP converted me into lovin' it!!! :) THANKYOU!!! :abvb:

• 5 months later...

It's a very refreshing - literally and figuratively - take on coconut scents. The coconut and the light musk combine into a very fresh, almost watery scent that will be perfect for summer.

Even though I do get a hint of pineapple, this is very different from the usual foody, piña colada-like coconut concoctions (say that 3 times fast!)

It reminds me more of fresh coconut water, or even of a spa product - it has that clean, rejuvenating vibe to it. Very nice!

What I love about this is that it's obviously super foody and yet totally work appropriate

Funny, I've actually categorised CTM under fruity scents. Whichever category it belongs, I like it very much as it has a fresh and light scent even though there's coconut in it. Generally, I try to avoid perfumes with coconut oil.

Edited by JOC

And for me it's in the "clean and fresh" category :)

tyvey, that's really interesting, because it's not foody at all on my skin. But it makes me feel like getting a facial and a massage with products that would smell exactly like this, so it would make a good pampering scent.

Edited by Ishtar

This is one of my favorites for spring and summer. I don't smell like a tiki drink either - (the pineapple in version 2 disappears quickly) but I do prefer Version 1.

Both are a watery, clean, tropical skin musk. I was delighted to find one unopened bottled of V1 in a hoarder bag I forgot I had. Yay me for hoarding that one! :-). A couple more summers of smelling Fab!

I'm so glad I hoarded this one because over time I've come to realize it's my favorite summer scent. It has a tropical evocation without being blatantly so, but also just a really great mood to it beyond the actual scent.

• 1 year later...

Wore this to work yesterday and it was instant love. Clean, creamy coconut, and green musk with a bit of juiciness. I'll want to wear this all summer. That is if summer ever gets here and if I don't use it all up before then. Gorgeous. I want to wear a bright flowery maxi-dress with tropical flowers in my hair, listen to island music, drink an exotic cocktail and make a new friend with a name I can't pronounce. I'd better put this one away because once I start wearing it I won't be able to stop until it's gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Greenergal, I'm not sure if it was an actual rebrew, but Velvet & Steel is supposed to be very similar to CTM. :)

Thanks Eggers! I have a sample of Velvet & Steel that I have been avoiding. In the vial it seems to be much sharper than CTM and not the same vibe to me. I'm going to wear it today to see if it morphs into something resembling CTM. I will be a happy camper if it does. :)

• 1 year later...
Guest cutie.pie

I found a sniffie of this and thought I should give it a try...

The musk isn't as dominant as I thought it would be. It smells very nice.

• 1 month later...

I am wearing this today because the color of the day is green and I like to match my scents to what I am wearing.. sometimes. This is such a summery scent for me. I instantly felt like I was on vacation on a beach somewhere. Sometimes green musk goes awry on me but here it blends really well with the other ingredients. I applied at 8am and I can still smell it. I really want to add FC Figgy. Why do I automatically associate green musk with fig?

I think I love green musk but for some reason whenever I have anything with a lot of it (eg Lucky in Love), even though I love it when I put it on, it just ends up sitting there forever unloved. The white musk must have stood out on me with this scent more than the green, as this one, the one in scented Cougar, and the one in my musk/peony/plum are my all time favorite LP musks, and they're all white. I'm gonna dig this one up from wherever it's hiding tonight (all my LPs are still frustratingly boxed up - my pretty nail polish holder broke during my move :'( waiting for the replacement) and have a nice slather...thanks for the inspiration.

I think I love green musk but for some reason whenever I have anything with a lot of it (eg Lucky in Love), even though I love it when I put it on, it just ends up sitting there forever unloved. The white musk must have stood out on me with this scent more than the green, as this one, the one in scented Cougar, and the one in my musk/peony/plum are my all time favorite LP musks, and they're all white. I'm gonna dig this one up from wherever it's hiding tonight (all my LPs are still frustratingly boxed up - my pretty nail polish holder broke during my move :'( waiting for the replacement) and have a nice slather...thanks for the inspiration.

See that is funny I get no white musk at all, only green.

I think the green musk is more noticeable in the original version, but maybe that's just my nose. In the rebrews I get other elements being dominant.