Love Potion: Spring Equinox 2009

VANILLA, SUGAR, MUSK, APRICOT, AMBER, PATCHOULI, ORCHID, DAISY, PEONY, TULIP, SWEET PEA

This is quite pretty. The florals are nicely tempered by the vanilla and patchouli. I can smell the apricot and amber come out to play, but ever so slightly. The prominent floral on me is the sweet pea.

VANILLA, SUGAR, MUSK, APRICOT, AMBER, PATCHOULI, ORCHID, DAISY, PEONY, TULIP, SWEET PEA

This is quite pretty. The florals are nicely tempered by the vanilla and patchouli. I can smell the apricot and amber come out to play, but ever so slightly. The prominent floral on me is the sweet pea.

So glad you got your samples :blushing:

I cant believe no one has reviewed this yet.

I love this is the vial. I get the vanilla melding so nicely with the florals and on top the sweet pea.

Once I apply it to the skin I get and overpowering scent of florals. It is too much for me after drydown and would not be able to wear it that often.

Now that it has fully dried down and had its way, I get the creamy vanilla and lighter florals with a touch of amber.

I dont mind the full drydown but know that I would have to save this for days where I feel full florals are required.

The 2007 version was not an LP variant. It's all floral.

This reminds me of something, but I can't really think what...bits and pieces of other LP variants, I guess...a little Gold, a little '07 Pink, a little Three for Women...it's really hard for me to pin down anything other than LP base and bright sweetness, but I'm not sure if it's for me. I was curious if it would give me an "edible" evocation, and again, I just don't know.

*edit*

I will say it layers nicely with LP Green, however.

Edited by luna65

• 2 months later...

This is what happened when I put on LP Spring Equinox 2009 for me and my girl to see if we liked it on me:

Me:(sniff)mmmm... that smells really good!

Her:(sniff)oh my god that makes me want to **** your ****!!

Me:Leave that one out will you?

After this little exchange happened we both agreed that it had to be posted.

This is what happened when I put on LP Spring Equinox 2009 for me and my girl to see if we liked it on me:

Oh, yeah....that one DEFINITELY needed to be posted..... :rainman:

Ooh, hew haw! I love that the interactions btwn you and the mysterious ms. are coming out lol. LOVING the reaction from the guys perspective!!! Keep em coming!

I never would have thought of this scent on a man...now to find an unsuspecting victim :rainman: to try it on! hehehe

Ooh, hew haw! I love that the interactions btwn you and the mysterious ms. are coming out lol. LOVING the reaction from the guys perspective!!! Keep em coming!

I never would have thought of this scent on a man...now to find an unsuspecting victim :rainman: to try it on! hehehe

I will keep posting as long as I think I have something to say. And just fyi, all the ones that you wouldn't think would smell good on a man, or even the girly ones, me and my girl have found that these have almost always turned out amazing on me! So when you find yourself thinking "No way is this a guy's scent." That's a sure sign that you should try it on a man.

Good luck finding that unsuspecting victim! Just make sure it's someone you.... are comfortable?... with! (if you know what I mean) :grin_sun:

Good luck finding that unsuspecting victim! Just make sure it's someone you.... are comfortable?... with! (if you know what I mean) :grin_sun:

It seems I only have to apply LAM and I get that unsuspecting victim 100% of the time, hehe...

• 9 months later...

I love how this has that unmistakable inviting, warm, sweet LP core, but also has the twists that make it unique, the floral and fruit and food. It's amazingly blended, I can't even pick out a note, it's just complex, yum, sexy, cozy... can't really even describe how so (as you can tell). BOTTLE

ETA now 6+ hours later IT SMELLS EVEN BETTER, which should not have been possible. Even creamier and sweeter and softer and sexier and more complex. Almost unbearably wonderful.

Edited by tyvey

• 5 months later...

It's amazing the variety Mara can tease out of a few base ingredients. Each LP variation is like a jazz improvisation!

This one is very soft and shy on me, nothing like the Autumn Equinox which throws like a mo fo. Not sure if it's exactly me, but definitely nice!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree Tyvey, definitely complex and well blended. Difficult to pick anything out. When I first applied it, I thought I got a quick whiff of something evergreen which quickly gave way to a bouquet of all kinds of lovely "gold" things. It is sexy in a classic sort of way. Not at all dirtied up (or down) if that's what you're looking for. I could see someone wearing this on a cool Autumnal night by a fire, bathed in golden light and snuggling with someone special over a warm drink. To my nose and skin, a very romantic scent. Nicely done.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SCENT!!!! The powdery quality to it... its sooooooooo WONDERFUL! and i LOVE the lightness of the orchid and sweet peas so that it doesn't come out as soapy as Give peas a chance! This is def. my new SPRING scent! Fresh, light and powdery :P:):D

huh, you get powdery? There are no ingredients that I would think would come off that way, & esp not in this combo... this one is quite the opposite to me - creamy and lush, if not quite juicy. An all-time favorite.

huh, you get powdery? There are no ingredients that I would think would come off that way, & esp not in this combo... this one is quite the opposite to me - creamy and lush, if not quite juicy. An all-time favorite.

I think my skin amps the musk in this potion?? I will have this on again tomorrow :P also i don't seem to detect any fruitiness in this scent?? o.O

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE Spring Equinox 2009! I tried the 2007 version and they are SO DIFFERENT!

07 reminds me a bit more of betrothal.... itz on the floral side.... hmm... too floral for me! But 09 version.... ITZ LOVELY!!!!! I really LOVE IT..... the gentle muskiness of the fragrance... :D:):) LOVE LOVE LOVE!! :):):o

• 3 months later...

I'm wearing this today, and I really like it. Very floral at first, but it dries down into a lovely creamy, almost powdery, musky, sweet, but still floral scent... not sure if I need more than my sample (since they're so big and I take forever to go through a sample anyway, lol) but I will definitely be using this a lot this spring/summer.

• 1 year later...

As far as "green" scents go, I don't mind this one. At first I thought it would be too green since I don't like smelling like freshly cut grass, but it is just sweet enough that I think I can get away with it, and goes sweeter and quite floral on drydown, which is really nice. The sugar and vanilla add a lovely dimension. I will definitely keep this and wear it on a day when I need to feel bright and cheery! :)