Rabid

s_wilde

AD_Linnea_Rabid.jpg

Linnea Quigley's Rabid

Linnea Quigley’s RABID features an intriguing blend of mosses, graveyard dirt, smokey funereal resins, skeletal apple trees, and the essence of the night sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She moves deftly around the largest grave marker, 'They're coming for me!' she thinks to herself. Lit only by the light of the moon, she retreats further into the cemetery. She can hear them tracking her.

The scent of earth and moss fill her senses as she moves towards the crypt. She finds the wrought-iron doors slightly ajar and silently slips inside. Crude stairs wind down, down, down, to the bottom of the world. The way opens into a cavern of sorts, lined with the caskets of forgotten souls. She sees her winged compatriots all around her now; they speak to her, and tell her it will all be ok.

She joins the swarm as they move as one through an open space, hidden somewhere in the walls. From under an ancient, twisted apple tree they emerge, filling the night sky. Out into the night they fly, forever hunted, forever free..."

First, the boy says it smells like creme brulee. Then, a girlfriend (who is a perfumer purveyor) says it smell "musky." I swore I smelled currant/clove and night blooming florals on another thread.

-this has been my signature scent all season long and every time I wear it, its a little different to my nose. Sometimes it's nighttime orchard (windfallen mcintosh and tree bark.) Sometimes it's candied apple on a stick. Sometimes its the vapor off a mug of spiked cider while leaning up against a barn. (Woody, spiced.)

Thus I conclude: ripe fruit and a touch of rich spice (kind of an spooky apple pie) and very alluring for harvest time.

• 2 years later...

I can't believe I have never reviewed Rabid. I adore this. I have many many bottles amped with everything from BI, to Sexology to EST. It is a lovely, light custardy scent with threads of incense and slightly spicy fruit spikes. Very smooth, perfect for layering with everything. It is a sweet blanket of a fragrance. My reviews suck but my love for this is true!

Rabid reminds me of Spike every time I wear it. Of his cozy little crypt. Loverly loverly Spike. I get a lot of the dark earth and cement scent, and then it lightens to an earthy floral. I have a bottle that I use to lighten/floral up other scents.

Funny you think of it as custardy, TG! To me it is very dry. One of my favorite combos is Rabid/Sugared Honeycomb. The dryness lightens up the ooey gooey honeycomb.

• 1 year later...

This one reminds me of a magical pueblo in Mexico just before it rains....it smells just like that.

I had no idea of its ingredients, so I had no expectations and when I sniffed the first time I thought this is not a perfume...this is an experience...It took me to a memory....I could smell the wet stones, wet soil, the earthy moss of the old houses all around...and on the back a juicy apple breaking through every now and then....

This a work of art, I never thought I would smell something like this in a bottle...

I think this potion has lots of layering possibilities, perhaps with some more apple or some honey...

Edited by Gabylicious

• 5 months later...

I tried a dab of this on my hand. The scent is such and experience. It starts off like wet soil or dirt and reminded me immediately of my mom and dad gardening on the weekends, as it dries down it gets really sweet! Almost like caramel apples baking. It's like I planted a big gooey caramel apple tree on my hand, and smelled the process from planting to picking to baking. I don't know what this potion is supposed to do- can it cure allergies? I love it for the intent, whatever it is, and I suspect whenever I want to feel close to Maria and safe ( yes I am a big baby and sometimes I crave Maria's hugs and her soups ) I will be dabbing this on. I think this would be good at night when I get scared.

I tried a dab of this on my hand. The scent is such and experience. It starts off like wet soil or dirt and reminded me immediately of my mom and dad gardening on the weekends, as it dries down it gets really sweet! Almost like caramel apples baking.

I'm glad you like it too, Lady V! I think it is an underestimated LP with lots of layering possibilities and just wearing on its own is an amazing experience...

I've tried layering it with Lindee's Autumnal Apples, just a small dab and the apple comes to life among the wet soil accord!

I've also tried it with honeyed LPs, like Pherogirl and OCCO SLF and it is soooo sexy....it goes from soothing and relaxing to real naughty and goth with honey....Well I just wanted to share my crazy LP combos ladies, have a nice day!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my God! This one had me so scared at first whiff that I was too nervous to even try it on my skin. In the bottle it smells like wet, dank earth, and rotting leaves. It reminded me of Hallowe'en, and I thought it might make a good addition to a zombie costume or something - kind of like smell-o-vision, or smell-o-costume. But tonight I got tired of looking at the bottle in fear. I had to try it out on my skin - and man, am I ever glad I did! Initially it still smells super-earthy, and that scent takes a while to mellow and morph, but when it does... Oh my! It smells like apple creme brulee! I don't even know if there is such a thing, but I'm pretty sure Mara made it in a bottle. What a fantastic scent! I love it so much I kind of want to roll around in it so all of me smells like apple creme brulee. I mean, who *wouldn't* want to smell like that?

• 2 weeks later...

This one smells a bit too incensey and earthy to me. It's a nice smell, but not really one I want to wear on my skin. I am getting a hint of something sweeter underneath though, but it's not enough to drown out the smoky smell.

Synergist, I thought the same thing - that the earthy smell was just too overpowering. But I found that it goes away entirely after about half an hour or so, and after that, all I can smell is sweetness- no earthiness.

Gah! Computer shut off while I was responding!?! WTH???

Anyway, I was really afraid to try Rabid, because in the vial all I smelled was wet earth. I even saw that some people had it boosted with sexy pheros, and I thought, "what??? ew! who would want to sleep with me when I smell like rotting leaves and wet dirt?" But once I got past the half-hour-or-so point it turned into this amazing and sexy smellin' creamy custard, and suddenly the sexy-phero thing made sense. I never really imagined it was possible for a scent to change SO MUCH, but it really does.

My BF loves this scent, but when I first apply it, he never fails to playfully yell, 'Dirt perfume!'. :lol:

My BF loves this scent, but when I first apply it, he never fails to playfully yell, 'Dirt perfume!'. :lol:

Hey Eggers! My BF likes this one too, specially the intense wet earth opening, he always says I smell like rain! To be honest I wish the earthy stage would last longer on my skin, I'm so happy to hear you like it so much Eggers and I'm glad Rabid is getting so much love and recognition lately... :rolleyes:

@Synergist...Maybe you can try layering Rabid with something fruity, with a dominant apple note? Or maybe with pear? When I've layered it with apple scents the earthiness fades away and a nice fruity juiciness kicks in. I don't get anything smoky Syn, but maybe you can drown the smokiness with apple, yum! :003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Gaby, I wish I had a good apple scent to layer with this. That would be gorgeous. Hmm... I guess that means I have some shopping to do! Any in particular that you'd suggest?

Hi Eggers! I just love my Rabid + Lindee's Autumnal Apples COMBO....I've tried layering with Candy Apple Cutie, which is a lovely buttered apple, but doesn't go well with Rabid IMO...But Lindee's PE complements Rabid green apple note amazingly well...You'll smell like a Rain-soaked green apple...just sweet and wet, less earthy...YUM! :rainman:

The lovely LP ladies recommended some GGG potions that are still available for trading like Pomme de Poison, Sugared Apples and Autumn Lust. I have a Marigold & Amaranth sniffee, but it's just not as apple-y as Lindee's PE...there's Moonholly's PE but I haven't tried that one...

Eggers, have you tried layering Rabid with OCCO SLF or Pherogirl? Not a fruity combo, but is a very lustful honeyed combo for naughty nights..

Hmm... I actually thought about Phero Girl with Rabid just last night! I haven't tried it yet, no. I have a sample vial of SLF that I've hardly worn, too... I will try both!

Will check out the Lindee's Apple PE for sure. Sugared Apples sounds awesome, too. Thank you for the suggestions. I'm not very adept at layering scents just yet, so it's fun to have input from other LPers! ;)

@ Synergist...Oh please, do try it before Syn....bye bye smokiness, welcome juicy appleness!

@Eggers...Yay! LP great minds, think alike :wink2: Please let me know if you come up with another Rabid Combo, hun...

I didn't like this one at first because it smells like soil, but I like it with Autumnal Apples! Those go so good together. It really makes the apple notes come out and the earthy notes become complimentary instead of dominant. Thanks for the suggestion, Gaby. :D

Yay! Glad you liked it BruiseViolet, just spreading more LP love for the non-gourmand potions like Rabid!

• 1 month later...

This one came across as very sweet to me even from the begining.

• 3 months later...

Omg at first dab this scared me. Smells like wet soil and soggy leaves. A total Halloween, haunted cemetery vibe going on. It finally settled, thank goodness! It's more apple-y now. I like sweeter scents so maybe I will have to try layered with something sweeter. Like maybe Pure Sugar or ooh I bet Cheeky would be awesome with it too.

• 3 months later...

Omg at first dab this scared me. Smells like wet soil and soggy leaves. A total Halloween, haunted cemetery vibe going on. It finally settled, thank goodness! It's more apple-y now. I like sweeter scents so maybe I will have to try layered with something sweeter. Like maybe Pure Sugar or ooh I bet Cheeky would be awesome with it too.

LOL That's funny, it does smell like a cemetary at first, and you would think that it would scare wearing this, but it does the opposite for me. It actually makes me feel strong and protected. I wear this when I have really bad anxiety like something bad is going to happen. It helps calm me down believe it or not

• 9 months later...

Im shocked i got a smelly that dates this far back! wow! 2007!

I definitely pick up on moss and musk, theres something perfumey about it but those are the only two notes i can pick up on...maybe some oak if i can sniff long enough..i think i can also smell stone? interesting.

Its like being outside in the woods near a stone castle after a heavy windy rain storm! The mosses are really pronounced on me, being mossey and earthy. Sooo im a bit farther away from the castle haha i can totally see myself wearing this, too bad i showed up late cuz this is awesome! Going on a crazy olfactory adventure without leaving home, this is great :D

• 1 month later...

I just love how this scents morphs. It goes from a cold and creepy cemetery on a chilly night and morphs to feeling like I'm standing under an apple tree. I smell the night sky, the woodiness from the trees and a faint crisp apple.

This perfume transports you to another place.. It's truly a magical scent.

Another thing I love about it- is a tiny bit goes a LONG way. Plus it covers Sexology like a charm.

• 1 year later...

Got to try this off the trade threads, and OMG!!!!! You all know I love me some dirt and wet in the bottle this is the earthiest of earthy scents! On my skin though it very quickly quiets down into the most gorgeous soft musky earthy apple combo that really feels like a Wild Night camping out at the cemetery, waiting for ghosts, while a strong wind whips the tree branches as a storm approaches! Wonderfully evocative, and I'm so glad I've got a whole bottle!

ETA: The long drydown of this is soft spiced apple autumnal goodness.... beyond yummy. It's not quite foodie, but almost and not what I would expect from what it goes on as. Just a spectacular scent.

Edited by Blackcat