Raven DeLa Croix's Secret Weapon

blupest

I hope it is ok to start a thread on this since I didn't see one yet?

This scent is really special. What I find most intriguing about it is that there are several distinct and long lasting layers that emanate from this scent once it is applied. A hypnotically sweet,but not fruity or sugary incence-like scent moves away from the skin and hovers lightly in the air around one like an aura. A bit closer,one smells the sandalwood and resins and a different sort of incense.

This lasts a very long time and smells good all the while. I adore it! :)

• 1 month later...
Magical Properties: Enhances perception of beauty. Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, soothing, spirituality, exorcism, money, luck, hex-breaking.

Prominent notes: sandalwood, vetivert, assorted resins, attars and oils

In the bottle this is intriguing. It smells like Indian grocery stores, and import shops, with a dark layer of sensuality writhing underneath; incensey and erotic.

Wet: incense and resins, but the darkness is much more prominent, coming through as a heavy muskiness on my skin.

Drydown: I couldn't let it dry all the way, as whatever the muskiness is took over and made me feel ill.

This is something which happens with my skin chemistry sometimes. There are certain perfumes that just turn into the scent of a wild animal in heat when they hit my skin. (Not as sexy as you might think.) I am very sad that this one doesn't work on me, as I really liked the Magickal Properties of it. I think I'll try it on my sister, as her skin is better behaved, and I think the scent is one which will appeal to her.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reviews.....I have been wondering about this one, and considering including it in my next order.... :mellow:

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the reviews.....I have been wondering about this one, and considering including it in my next order.... :)

I am wearing this one today. I really like it ALOT. I tend to like the darker scents anyways. The musk smell is nice on me and sweet at same time. Reminds me of a grape lollipop smell...so that means, I am lickable? hehe

This one is definitely one of my personal favorites for daily wear. I don't get the sweetness which Seduceu2 gets; instead, I get the darker, musky smell and my skin definitely amps the sandalwood. I also get a 'dirt' smell; not dirty, but like rich, fertile earth and I love how the attars and resins blend into a smoky quality on my skin.

I also like the magical qualities and intent behind this scent. It definitely is a scent which helps soothe and calm my students. By now everyone must have picked up on the fact that many of them are rather emotionally challenged as well as on the fact that I love them intensely; I means a great deal to me to be able to give them some way to empower themselves to be able to calm themselves. It really seems to help take the edge off of their rough mornings and chaotic emotions.

As an added note, Raven's Secret Weapon pairs quite well with Celestial Lust Dust; CLD adds a soft, powdery element which is very lovely.

I also like the magical qualities and intent behind this scent. It definitely is a scent which helps soothe and calm my students. By now everyone must have picked up on the fact that many of them are rather emotionally challenged as well as on the fact that I love them intensely; I means a great deal to me to be able to give them some way to empower themselves to be able to calm themselves. It really seems to help take the edge off of their rough mornings and chaotic emotions.

I ordered a sample of this in my latest package.....hope it IS soothing and calming.....I often need that.....can't wait to try it.....

• 2 weeks later...
This one is definitely one of my personal favorites for daily wear. I don't get the sweetness which Seduceu2 gets; instead, I get the darker, musky smell and my skin definitely amps the sandalwood. I also get a 'dirt' smell; not dirty, but like rich, fertile earth and I love how the attars and resins blend into a smoky quality on my skin.

I get that "earthy" scent too, Chai, as well as the smokiness......I think our skin chemistries are alike in some ways.....this one may be added to my ever-growing "full bottle list"......I just may NEED one of these.....it is VERY NICE on me.....

• 3 weeks later...

I want to add that the "calming" effect of this one does work......I wore it last week on a field trip with my son.....riding a bus full of third graders would make anyone crazy!!! I had a headache at the end of the day from all the noise, but had managed to maintain my composure and enjoy the trip!

Also, the next day, the remnant of this that was left on my shirt was very nice.....I almost didn't want to wash it!!

Well, you just sold me! I am having the most stressful day...just put Chakra Balancing Potion on my temples, and Raven's blend on my chest, and ahhhhh....I'm starting to feel better already.

I know you are up to your eyeballs right now! Hugs for you and Danna both!! :omgwtf:

You know I've looked at this one several times now, but never got around to buying it. However by reading these reviews it sounds like its right up my alley. Although I've been drawn to many of the foody scented potions here, pre-LP the spicy earthy scents were what I always selected. I think I may just pick up a sample in my next order.

• 1 month later...

It took me a while, heh, but I finally got around to trying this beauty. I have always enjoyed majmua blends, like the famous 96 Majmua, and this one is wonderful in that classic sense: smoky and earthy, yet dense and lush, but also calming and grounding. That is the secret to a great majmua, to my mind, to take all of those seemingly disparate elements and combine them for beautiful harmony. This blend seems to have more of an emphasis on the wood/resin/earth characteristics and yet doesn't possess a predominantly "male" aura as some fragrances might, it really does have a true unisex quality. Absolutely exotic and lovely!

Edited by luna65

• 8 months later...

At first this came out on me smelling very masculine and took a few hours to soften in the dry down. In the dry down, it gentled into a softer musk and incense like tone. The attars and resins in this are very strong, I think of this as more of a masculine scent. Just like Christine's Sin City, a little goes a long way. I dabbed a bit of this on my wrist pulse points and the scent stayed a very long time.

• 2 weeks later...

:) I was looking forward to wearing this one and loving it. This was part of my very first order, I bought it as a sample. I have this little box that I placed all the samples and bottle of patchouli upright in, when i get within half a foot of the box the lovely aroma of raven's secret weapon hangs in the air. None of the other oils exuded their fragrance until I actually took the vials up to my nose; this one really wants to escape! It smells deep and rich, incredibly so, also sweet in the vial. It's very intense.

When I put it on, my skin turned it into a drier, more bitter version of itself. I wore it to bed as i love nag champa and east indian scents, they soothe me....raven's didn't. I appreciate the depth of the scent and do like the blend of attars and resins, sadly only in the bottle. India in a bottle, but on me it had freezer-burn. Funny how body chemistry can ruin a perfectly gorgeous, decadent scent!

Sug. patchouli is too sweet on me and yet i need raven's to not lose it's sweetnes in order to smell good on me.

GRRRR.. luckily, I have like, 1000 other samples and bottles en route!

:) I was looking forward to wearing this one and loving it. This was part of my very first order, I bought it as a sample. I have this little box that I placed all the samples and bottle of patchouli upright in, when i get within half a foot of the box the lovely aroma of raven's secret weapon hangs in the air. None of the other oils exuded their fragrance until I actually took the vials up to my nose; this one really wants to escape! It smells deep and rich, incredibly so, also sweet in the vial. It's very intense.

When I put it on, my skin turned it into a drier, more bitter version of itself. I wore it to bed as i love nag champa and east indian scents, they soothe me....raven's didn't. I appreciate the depth of the scent and do like the blend of attars and resins, sadly only in the bottle. India in a bottle, but on me it had freezer-burn. Funny how body chemistry can ruin a perfectly gorgeous, decadent scent!

Sug. patchouli is too sweet on me and yet i need raven's to not lose it's sweetnes in order to smell good on me.

GRRRR.. luckily, I have like, 1000 other samples and bottles en route!

Try it in a scent locket.....I find mine indispensible.....

good idea on both counts-i'll try them both tonight.

i would love a scent/perfume locket but, can u believe it i've googled them to death and only found one place online in canada with a few; they were pewter and not my style. i would like a sterling silver (gold really-but who can afford it)one that doesen't have fairies, wolves or the like on them. the cool ones are in the states and i got burnt pretty bad last year w/ a US jewelly store (shimmer and stone)- it was about 50$ duty on top of the one piece (dog tag necklace for my boyfriend) i bought.

It's so frustrating! I didn't have to pay duty on my LP's that I just got tho'! I guess duty on smaller things is just random at canadian custom.

Americans have all the great stuff!

well, we do have maple syrup and alot of oil out here in Alberta, lol.

good idea on both counts-i'll try them both tonight.

i would love a scent/perfume locket but, can u believe it i've googled them to death and only found one place online in canada with a few; they were pewter and not my style. i would like a sterling silver (gold really-but who can afford it)one that doesen't have fairies, wolves or the like on them. the cool ones are in the states and i got burnt pretty bad last year w/ a US jewelly store (shimmer and stone)- it was about 50$ duty on top of the one piece (dog tag necklace for my boyfriend) i bought.

It's so frustrating! I didn't have to pay duty on my LP's that I just got tho'! I guess duty on smaller things is just random at canadian custom.

Americans have all the great stuff!

well, we do have maple syrup and alot of oil out here in Alberta, lol.

Check out ebay......try scent lockets, perfume lockets, vinaigrettes, filigree lockets, and open-work lockets.....they have a bunch of sterling ones there for cheap.

After reading these review I dug out my sample and gave it a small try. Wet it smelled so smokey, it was almost meaty (like BBQ). Thank goodness that's gone and I'm loving the sweet, incensy goodness! I'm going to do a proper slathering after my shower and give it a real trial today. Mr. Goddess loves incense scents, so I hope this is a winner!

I wore this one to a date last weekend. I haven't been on a date in a while and I wanted to wear something memorable. The scent was lovely on me. It smelled completely different than in the bottle. I couldn't really detect any individual notes, it just all blended together into a being wrapped in a warm blanket feel. The date went really well. He called me to "make sure I got home ok" and to tell me what a great time he had. I'll probably call him soon for another date. Thanks Raven, Mara and Danna for SW!

Edited by lovetao

I ordered this with the Popularity Potion pheromones added. I just tried it and I smell like a head shop in the sexiest, woodsy-est best way possible. It's very hard to pick out individual notes. I am guessing pachouli and some woods. It reminds me of the incense Nag Champa. This is very strong on me and a little will go a long way. It also amplifies with body temerature.

It is very calming as well. I have tons of homeowrk to do right now and am upset about the person I am dating. I puit it on and suddently felt calm and am getting the homework done finally.

I am back to report how lovely the dry down is one this scent! At first it had a prominent pachoili note with what I think is myrhh, sandalwood and resin notes. It would also heat up when my body temperature rose. I smelled like a sexy headshop, it was rather incense like.

I applied at 5 pm and around 11 pm I noticed that the scent has started smelling sweeter. It smelled like it had alot of red musk with some light, sweet smelling goodness in the background. It smells like a rich hippie or should I say bohemian.

The final drydown smelled alot like BPAL's Lust which I happen to love but I loathe how it ages (super strong and sharp). I am quite pleased I found a resin based scent that actually works well with my body chemistry! And the pachouli in this and LP Red work with my body chemistry too. My body usually amps pachouli to sickening heights.

I also find this scent rather calming. I purchased this scent for everyday wear and added popularity pheros to it. I did so because I go to school with all women and they can be rather nasty. It's a a jr. college and the women in these particular classes argue alot and about once a semester, someone slaps another in class. I could not make this up if I tried.

• 2 weeks later...

This is deep, smokey, heady, sweet incense. It has an amazing throw - i only put on a dot and rubbed the dot along my arms and the aroma is wafting all over the place. this is extremely alluring and sexy - those liking incense and deep scents will love this

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would drop by and say how beautifullt this ages. The color of the oil in the bottle has gotten darker and more red.

Also, I find shaking the bottle good before applying is a must! This one must "settle" because if I don't shake before applying I smell like saffron.... Or like I sat and had dinner in an indian restaurant and didn't wash my clothes and wore them for a few days.

This is so nice and calming. I think it would be great layered with some vanilla as well.

• 11 months later...

Got my happy package from Dolly today. Went straight for the Secret Weapon! I just put the teeniest dab on & it bloomed nicely! It's like everything I love about incense -the smoke in your eyes & coughing.

Got my happy package from Dolly today. Went straight for the Secret Weapon! I just put the teeniest dab on & it bloomed nicely! It's like everything I love about incense -the smoke in your eyes & coughing.

:smilies-23596: Bwaha!

That's hysterical.

:smilies-23596: Bwaha!

That's hysterical.

I loved my job in a 'headshop'....I never did have to put on perfume before going in to work & I got to be in charge of ordering books ( I love Llewelynn publishing). I almost forgot my old boss used to let me order whatever I wanted for a dollar over cost..

Edited by Beccah1