Silicone or oil base, and why--

kblazin

:huh: Curious as to what yall are doing base-wise, now that we can choose... please share! :D

I chose to go with oil, mostly because I always put oil on my dry and 'scent application' spots right after showering, then apply the CP phero du jour, then LP oil... I figured the oil might help combine the first two steps, or even all three if I put them (scent/phero) on together...?

(And yes I boost sometimes but I'm such an a la carter that I generally like to keep em seperate... In astro-chart speak, my Libra sun/Gem moon don't incline me towards easy decision-making, or commitment :) . My hub's lucky I'm Pisces rising, so I'm a faithful wife at least!)

***Input from Mara, Danna, the Guru Crew and Dr Stone on the properties of each base in as much detail as possible is of course very welcome and SUPER appreciated!!*** :D

I'm sticking with CPS for the most part because I like the 'acts as a barrier' aspect as well as 'may extend life of the pheros' - but I did try one with oil just out of curiosity. I want to see if there's any difference that I can detect. But I suspect I might stay with CPS just because I like the idea that it might make them last longer and especially for the barrier.

I've been staying with the CPS as well. :) A silky application is always a great thing. :D

Yeah, and I like "barriers" when it comes to helping my perfume to last.

Well, I boost most of my perfumes, but if I use the unscented ones, I prefer the CPS because of the silky application.....

I really like CPS and how it helps pheros last longer. With spring coming -heck it's allready warm in NYC!- I'll be happy to use pheroblends with a longer lasting diffusion. It's definitely a big plus for me!

Ok - I ordered in CP this round. I would prefer to do one non-shake application - which I suspect I could do with the DPG BUT I am roadtesting new blends. I didn't want to complicate my observations by switching to a different base at the same time.

And also because of the diffusion is supposedly better with the CP.

But - because I prefer to boost scents I love- when I figure out how the pheros work on me - I'll switch back to doing that - which is pretty much switching vehicles to the DPG.

I travel a lot so it is easier to carry boosted bottles rather than a big bag of them. I had on bottle of SS4W - 3/4 that leaked out into my makeup bag during a 12 hour flight. Which was so wasteful of a phero. Seriously - who needs the baggage handlers having some sort of attraction to a piece of luggage. Eeeuuuuuwwww.

I'm kinda freaking out here, and wondering why I didn't post this question before ordering... well, that I couldn't possibly wait an extra couple days, of course. Now I'm spasmoin', having flip-flopped 20 times on 'which should I've done', can I change any of em now, bla, bla, bla...

Aaauuuugghh!!! :) I'll admit this is one of those rare times I miss the decision being made for me, cause I can't make up my damn mind that I chose the right one. I wish I had the lowdown/breakdown of differences with diffusion, integrity, intensity or whatever differences there may be between the two from M, D, A and the Doc... or a link if they've already been covered in detail. Help here, pleeease... :020105~21:

I was hoping to avoid the silicone powdery residue (I *rarely* get it, but it happens) and just thought the oil would meld better-- BUT totally forgot I also put them on my hair ends, with a couple drops of scent, there's no way I could do that with all oil, I'm thinking. Plus, I'm worried the oil will keep the pheros too close to me, which is the goal for Focus and to a lesser extent Tranq and Woozy, but not so much the others...?

Thing is... I JUST DON'T KNOW. And... I kinda ordered... nearly everything. Damn my impatience and poor planning, should've asked this stuff in the eternal (feeling) wait to go live! Now I know I'm PMSing, cause I feel so stupid I could just cry. :( I can't afford to make this kind of mistake-- I'm more than a little pissed at myself.

And I haven't even ordered any shower goodies or the bottle organizer yet, but I am once I get these... Gawd I'm awful. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. :devil:

Seriously, there must be more to the oil base than not shaking (don't really care,) easier splitting (N/A thusfar) and true base blending (a plus, regardless that the aforementioned aspects aren't a big deal to me.) And more to the silicone than a skin barrier... i.e. does it *really* keeps the pheros 'truer' longer? In the bottle or on the skin? Most important is that I really don't know the diffusion properties of the two.

I am sooooooooo sorry for the long P(sycho)MS rant! My self-imposed dunce cap is very heavy right now... I needed to bitch it out. I'll try to chill, and trust the info is coming. I'm sure it'll work out, at least I trust in the pheros themselves being top-notch and that is the most important thing.

PS Love you guys! and... welcome to my crazy! :)

Kblazin-breathe baby. We love you too.

Check it. The gals ordered what they're used to, get me?

YOU had the balls to try somethin else!

Personally, I'm gonna do an equal mix.

Now- listen, would Mara, Danna, Ail and Dr. Stone make stuff that didn't work? Hmmmmm?

No.

They're pros AND they CARE ABOUT US! They really truly do.

I'm a big ol' sloppy weepy indescive mess at "ladytime" too. Sometimes I cry cause I don't know what I want for dinner. Not even kidding. Sometimes it's a wonder my man headed for the hills. (No- he's an ass, but I had my moments).

Bottom line- chin up, you. I'm sure oil based pheros are gonna be swell, otherwise they wouldn't even be an option. It's summer. Your gonna be sweatin, and leaking the dang things into the atmosphere left and right no matter what.

Your good baby. It's all GOOD.

Love, Lori

We're filling the new orders now still, email and we can change things, it's ok.

The choice of base (to ME) has a lot to do with HOW you wear it.

Personally, I prefer the OIL base. The way I personally wear scents, the oil is the longest lasting, even with the pheros. (And the scientists/gurus have relaxed my initial fears about absorption into my skin, so...) And I know I have said this a bazillion times, so bear with me, but with oil based perfumes, and pheros, the best way to wear them is at the hottest parts of your body.

I roll my perfumes, and pheros, from my navel to my cleavage several times. Then I smush them around my torso with my wrists, then rub my wrists on the back of my neck. I put my shirt and bra on BEFORE the oil is completely absorbed/dry, so a little bit ends up on my clothes.

This way, I get a fabulous CLOUD of scent around me every time my body heats up a little during the day, and the scent lasts on my clothes forever, without any staining.

If you wear scents on your wrists and hands - there's not much heat there. The diffusion is better with alcohol based products. But if you wear scents where your core temp rises and falls with your emotions - that's a key thing - you diffuse when it's NATURAL to diffuse. You diffuse when it MEANS something.

Personally, I would rather the guy who gets me all hot and bothered get the benefit of my chemical messages, rather than just EVERYONE.

We're filling the new orders now still, email and we can change things, it's ok.

Personally, I prefer the OIL base. The way I personally wear scents, the oil is the longest lasting, even with the pheros. (And the scientists/gurus have relaxed my initial fears about absorption into my skin, so...) And I know I have said this a bazillion times, so bear with me, but with oil based perfumes, and pheros, the best way to wear them is at the hottest parts of your body.

I roll my perfumes, and pheros, from my navel to my cleavage several times. Then I smush them around my torso with my wrists, then rub my wrists on the back of my neck. I put my shirt and bra on BEFORE the oil is completely absorbed/dry, so a little bit ends up on my clothes.

This way, I get a fabulous CLOUD of scent around me every time my body heats up a little during the day, and the scent lasts on my clothes forever, without any staining.

If you wear scents on your wrists and hands - there's not much heat there. The diffusion is better with alcohol based products. But if you wear scents where your core temp rises and falls with your emotions - that's a key thing - you diffuse when it's NATURAL to diffuse. You diffuse when it MEANS something.

Personally, I would rather the guy who gets me all hot and bothered get the benefit of my chemical messages, rather than just EVERYONE.

So - first of all - good to know about the core body body temp/going up and down stuff. Going to have to use a little more phero's in those spots. When I'm legal to do so. :-) For those times I'm really trying to make CERTAIN I'm going to have that kind of a good time. And generally - for that I whip out the BI - although I do boost the SS4W with a big ol' roll of cops as well.

But- I am a big user of pheros on wrists/hands - where there isn't much heat - because I am a hand talker. And :666: - must admit - do love spreading a phero cloud around. Remember - I'm rockin' Cougar a good share of the time. The whole point for me is to project a whole - dare I say - MILF hotness. So - If I don't have have some hotness floating around in a phero bomb around me - I'm not getting the fun benefits of flirtation.

Giggles madly - rubbing hands - waiting for the Woozy Floozy! <g>

Well well, it's aways good to learn something new..but u would think that would be common sense now, right?

Thanks for the excellent reminder ...

It appears I've been putting my LP's in all the wrong places....lol..

Ah J#'s... it's just another reason to love this board...we're *always* learning things here!!

I've ordered the 3 splits I'm doing all in oil, with the consent of the ladies splitting them. It makes me feel good that the decant will be exacting as far as phero content. I'm thinking too that with summer time coming on, it might be best to have an oil-based phero since it's SO hot here. I don't want to clobber anyone with the cloud coming off me from just walking around in the sun! It will be interesting to experiment, for sure!

But- I am a big user of pheros on wrists/hands - where there isn't much heat - because I am a hand talker. And :banana052: - must admit - do love spreading a phero cloud around. Remember - I'm rockin' Cougar a good share of the time. The whole point for me is to project a whole - dare I say - MILF hotness. So - If I don't have have some hotness floating around in a phero bomb around me - I'm not getting the fun benefits of flirtation.

AH, Shelly.....we are SO MUCH alike! I normally do the same thing.....I like putting them out there.....I leave a trail when I pass through a room....

AH, Shelly.....we are SO MUCH alike! I normally do the same thing.....I like putting them out there.....I leave a trail when I pass through a room....

Can you even imagine the damage if we went out on a Girl's Night?!

Roflmao!

Hey - has there ever been a LP board get together? Bet the phero cloud for that party would be out of hand. :-)

Kblazin-breathe baby. We love you too.

Check it. The gals ordered what they're used to, get me?

YOU had the balls to try somethin else!

Personally, I'm gonna do an equal mix.

Now- listen, would Mara, Danna, Ail and Dr. Stone make stuff that didn't work? Hmmmmm?

No.

They're pros AND they CARE ABOUT US! They really truly do.

I'm a big ol' sloppy weepy indescive mess at "ladytime" too. Sometimes I cry cause I don't know what I want for dinner. Not even kidding. Sometimes it's a wonder my man headed for the hills. (No- he's an ass, but I had my moments).

Bottom line- chin up, you. I'm sure oil based pheros are gonna be swell, otherwise they wouldn't even be an option. It's summer. Your gonna be sweatin, and leaking the dang things into the atmosphere left and right no matter what.

Your good baby. It's all GOOD.

Love, Lori

Belated thanks hon, for your very comforting post... I may question your taste in men sometimes :CHEERS~19: but never your awesomeness... oh, and I dig the ballsy pioneer perspective, classic! Plus, how much better company could there be on Team Oil then the Potion Master herself??

Just found out all my pheros are on the way, too!!! :yeahthat::party::):banana105::) Can... barely... WAIT!!!!!

Can you even imagine the damage if we went out on a Girl's Night?!

Roflmao!

OH, that would be a HOOT......and, it would probably be pretty scary!

hi!

ive been a little scarce here for awhile but wow there are a LOT more stuff for me to get addicted with now that im back :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

i was just wondering would one version make the perfume smell stronger? i always feel like alcohols make perfume smell less intense..

Hey Remmy! Good to see you here. Always nice when you stop by :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

I would say that there wouldnt be a huge difference to the perfumes you wear with the pheros....however I know the Silicone is the base that is reccomended if your skin eats scents. SO it helps a perfume last longer on the skin.

I am sure there will be more input from other members in the morning, but hopefully this gives you an idea :)

Hey Remmy! Good to see you here. Always nice when you stop by :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

I would say that there wouldnt be a huge difference to the perfumes you wear with the pheros....however I know the Silicone is the base that is reccomended if your skin eats scents. SO it helps a perfume last longer on the skin.

I am sure there will be more input from other members in the morning, but hopefully this gives you an idea :)

About the silicone base...I read somewhere that you can actually build a tolerance to pheros, to where they quit working. Would a barrier delay that eventuality?

• 3 weeks later...
About the silicone base...I read somewhere that you can actually build a tolerance to pheros, to where they quit working. Would a barrier delay that eventuality?

Really? I don't know about the "silicone or not to silicone" thing, but as far as the tolerance bit: I did some looking up and this is what I found about the subject....note(these are statments from people other than myself)

"Pheromones are natural products of the human body. You already sense them daily on your own body and those around you. They're basically messenagers of social and sexual signals and can invoke a biological response, an urge if you will. Unlike insects and lower mammals we can and usually do choose to ignore these urges. It also depends on the person,some people are more sensitive to phero's effects than others--it can seem to work like magic at times, and with other people it may have a more muted effect, perhaps if the person is more the strong willed type.

The initial exposure to a strong pheromone is often surprising and may catch you off guard. Once used to it, it comes routine and can be easily ignored if you choose to.

Artificial pheromones are no different in this respect. They amp things up but the laws of the universe are still intact. However, you can rotate mixes to maintain some sense of surprise. I use 4 or 5 different mixes in rotation across a couple weeks. 

Edited by Summer Hills

"Pheromones are natural products of the human body. You already sense them daily on your own body and those around you. They're basically messenagers of social and sexual signals and can invoke a biological response, an urge if you will. Unlike insects and lower mammals we can and usually do choose to ignore these urges. It also depends on the person,some people are more sensitive to phero's effects than others--it can seem to work like magic at times, and with other people it may have a more muted effect, perhaps if the person is more the strong willed type.

I ,for one agree with that statement!

hey Kblazin, thanks for the thanks babe! And guess what? I'm team oil too! I wound up yakkin on the phone with Mara a few weeks ago and she convinced me, and now ALL my new pheros are oil based and work perfectly!

And Remmy- nice to meet you! I'm Lori-Hello!!

I ordered yesterday woozy floozy with the silicone base,and I really wanted the oil,but I was so happy to be ordering I forgot about that drop down menu,should I e-mail tight away.I do live it a

hot climate,but I have been wanting to order this for a while I guess I just got to excited.

:aola:

thanks,

Tee

Send us an email and we'll change it over if it hasn't shipped yet.

I used the oil based Woozy Floozy when I went out on Friday, and could still smell the pheros on me the next day, and it was hot and sweaty too (stop thinking dirty thoughts, y'all) - the oil variety really has a lot of sticking power.

So - I switched to oil with the last order and here in the Gulf Coast heat, I'm finding the oil bases diffuse slower and last a lot longer.

My thoughts? Immediate release needs? Silicon or alcohol spray.

Longer (albeit slower) diffusion? Oil all the way. :-)

Edited by Shelly B

Before ordering two phero bottles recently, I just made my choice by going into the Cosmetic Safety Database and comparing DPG with silicone. From 0-10 (safest to least safe), silicone came back as a 3 and DPG as a 1. So, DPG it was!

I'm glad that it's the one that meshes with your skin, though, as that's the effect I prefer with scents. I hope it will work nicely with the pheros, too. :wub:

So - I switched to oil with the last order and here in the Gulf Coast heat, I'm finding the oil bases diffuse slower and last a lot longer.

Yeah, but I find that sometimes I want the quicker diffusion of the silicone (but alcohol-based burns off WAAAAAAY too fast in Louisiana).....if I need it slowed down, I just use one of my boosted scents, or apply one of the LP oils over top of the silicone-based phero......serves the same purpose.....

I also live on the golf coast,if you do't mind me asking maybe we are neighbors.I lve about 20 mintutes from the skyway on the southside?

I also live on the golf coast,if you do't mind me asking maybe we are neighbors.I lve about 20 mintutes from the skyway on the southside?

I live in South Louisiana.....about 75-80 miles Northwest of New Orleans, or 25 miles East of Baton Rouge, depending on how you look at it.....

Before ordering two phero bottles recently, I just made my choice by going into the Cosmetic Safety Database and comparing DPG with silicone. From 0-10 (safest to least safe), silicone came back as a 3 and DPG as a 1. So, DPG it was!

But take into consideration, there are many different types and grades of Silicone. Did you look up D-5 specifically? I'd think the one that we use should also come up as a "1". It's molecularly too large to be absorbed into the skin cells, so it sits harmlessly on top of your skin with no absorption.

Commercial "Silk Base" contains both D-4 and D-5 silicones. D-4 WILL absorb into the skin and has been banned by the Euro Union for safety reasons. D-4 and D-5 are not available separately from any commercial wholesale suppliers, they're only sold as a blend. So we went directly to a leading silicone manufacturer here in the US and bought a HUGE supply of the highest grade, SAFEST (and most expensive) silicone available, ie., D-5.

So, choosing by the desired effect is how I decide. D-5 has a wider dispersion, puts more of the scent into the air. While DPG keeps it closer to your skin and relies more on body heat for diffusion. Personally, I like DPG better.

But take into consideration, there are many different types and grades of Silicone. Did you look up D-5 specifically? I'd think the one that we use should also come up as a "1". It's molecularly too large to be absorbed into the skin cells, so it sits harmlessly on top of your skin with no absorption.

Commercial "Silk Base" contains both D-4 and D-5 silicones. D-4 WILL absorb into the skin and has been banned by the Euro Union for safety reasons. D-4 and D-5 are not available separately from any commercial wholesale suppliers, they're only sold as a blend. So we went directly to a leading silicone manufacturer here in the US and bought a HUGE supply of the highest grade, SAFEST (and most expensive) silicone available, ie., D-5.

So, choosing by the desired effect is how I decide. D-5 has a wider dispersion, puts more of the scent into the air. While DPG keeps it closer to your skin and relies more on body heat for diffusion. Personally, I like DPG better.

Mara, thank you for being as conscientious as you are......and also for providing us two options, based on our needs! MUAH!