Eve's Temptation

Dolly

OK, this scent starts out very JUICY.....fruit fruit fruit.....as it dries, I get the attars and the oud....deep rich, sensual.....then, they back off and the fruit comes back into play and the fruity notes strike a nice balance with the darker notes....this is very nice, very interesting, and very nicely balanced.....thumbs up ladies!

I like this one, on drydown. Was not so sure when it was wet on the skin - it was a bit sharp to begin with, but now? It's very gentle and soft...I can see amping this one with a 'happy phero'... Lovely!!

Ooh, this one is very nice. I get the fruity bite at first, then it dries down to something sultry...I think I'm hearing full bottle. :)

Eve's Temptation has a very tempting scent indeed. I think this one calls for a full sized bottle. I'd buy some now but I've got 3 orders on the way. I'm putting this on one my "To Get" list for when my money fairy arrives on Friday. The fruit combo is perfect. When wet it's like Dolly said really fruity, almost downright juicy if you ask me. On drydown it turns into something really feminine and a little earthy on me. I love this. I think this is a really good spring/summer scent. I've always loved mixes with mango and pomegranate in them. And what is this marshmallow root..hmmm verry interesting and powerful indeed. :clapW2:

• 2 weeks later...

The apple note is very prevalent in this one at first, with the other fruit notes lending a crisp tart feel to the blend. In the drydown the attars are given a smooth quality by the marshmallow root, almost a "fluffy" character, with the tartness receding a bit. The apple does return after a time, deepened by the other notes, but it sort of does a peek-a-boo thing, heh. I really like this one, in that all the different qualities are co-existing. Surpisingly the oud is only just the faintest suggestion to me...a vague sense of smoky wood while walking through an orchard (not exactly, but I always get that evocation with apple blends), although in the final drydown it starts reminding me more of Raven's Secret Weapon. This is the kind of apple I like, "fresh" not "cooked."

Edited by luna65

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I had high hopes for this *sigh*, but it turned out way too mango for my personal taste. Since I can remember I never liked eating the things, and I guess that just like pear, I'd probably really only enjoy smelling them as perfume if it was a caramelized mango type of scent. Fresh mango just isn't for me. It's the same with the apple in this; it needs to be a spiced and/or caramelized apple scent, I was just never into the whole fresh apple thing. I can smell the spices in the background, but it seems the mango just overpowers everything on my skin.

Edited by Invidiana

The apple and mango come through really strongly at first-- it makes me want a mango lassi!

When it dries down a little, the mango is just a hint at the end of the smell. Very nice, very subtle.

Edit: After more time, it's a sweet musk (it smells like vanilla to me, even though that's not in the ingredients-- maybe it's the marshmallow root?) with just a hint of pear. I love the evolution of Love Potions! I keep sniffing my arms.

Edited by Kovvy

• 10 months later...
This one was very light. Only got hints of apple. just a light sweet scent.

:666: I get quite a lot of MARSHMALLOW ROOT and a hint of apple! :blushing: I did get quite a bit of papaya at the beginning when wet! :666:

Edited by bumbob

• 1 month later...
Revisited this scent last night. It was mainly apple on my skin. Soft and light apple scent in fact.

My daughter put this on last night and it smelled fantastic on her. I'll have to part with something she likes from my stash to get my sniffee back!

• 2 weeks later...

"Lack of Depth" That's it in a nut shell. And that's why "Fest of Fools" is in my trade pile. It's almost like eating a Pez candy. It's light...it's fruity...it's sweet....and that's it. I like stuff that morphs & deepens. Unfortunately, on my skin, these 2 go nowhere.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...