Dracula's Bakery

Guest Lor

Danna made three different pumpkin blends, (all of them a smaller quantity than we normally do for a monthly release, that's why we were so short on that one this month, sorry!), but a variation comes out this month, and another variation next month. One of them has the addition of pinky sugars, and the other has gingerbread. I probably shouldn't be letting the cat (or bat) out of the bag, but the next one is named, "Baby Drac's Olde Tyme Teething Formula". heh.

Ohhhh SOOO EXCITED!!!

Sounds yummy!!

Danna made three different pumpkin blends, (all of them a smaller quantity than we normally do for a monthly release, that's why we were so short on that one this month, sorry!), but a variation comes out this month, and another variation next month. One of them has the addition of pinky sugars, and the other has gingerbread. I probably shouldn't be letting the cat (or bat) out of the bag, but the next one is named, "Baby Drac's Olde Tyme Teething Formula". heh.

I love that name!!! :)

yowee kazowee put this on my arms after a shower this morning and it burned like hell (must be the spice oils, BPAL tokyo stomp was a killer too) lol so now I'm wearing it in a scent locket. I suppose I could put it in my hair too.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

fortunately my skin eats this stuff up and loves it

so i hope they continue to make spicy pumpkin hotness for those of us with thick-skins,lol.

i have people begging to know what it is im wearing when i wear this!

the only other 2 times that happened was

when i wore Sexology and recently Bosom Bows.

Ya 'm thinking it might have had something to do with taking a shower first. Makes your skin thinner. I still have marks on my arms lol. It didn't seem to burn the first time I wore it. I'm not out enough to get compliments lol but I am going back to school soon so we'll see.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

Ivy ~ Showering removes the protective oil layer that develops on your skin, and also opens your pores. So anything apt to burn, does so much moreso for like an hour and a half after you shower. Careful, honey! Sorry you got that reaction! Using a light toner and/or a moisturizer before applying your perfume should help. xoxoxox M

• 3 weeks later...

Mmmm… This one smells fantastic. The allspice is predominate on me when wet. Sweet spicy goodness. As it dries, the pumpkin peeks out. The butter cream frosting and cinnamon make a late appearance and take the stage. This is delicious and edible. Fantastic creation.

• 4 months later...

I really like this one. On me it smells just like a warm, cinnamon, pumpkin cupcake with lots of buttercream frosting. The little ones in my class LOVE it. They always beg me to wear it. This would make a marvelous bubble bath. To bad it is sold out!

• 1 year later...

I made up a spray of this, because I too got the crazy cinnamon stripes of doom, and ration it very very sparingly, only into my hair or on my clothes. It throws like a mofo and my favorite thing about it is its complexity.... spicy cakey pumpkiny buttery rich... very 3-dimensional-feeling.

• 7 months later...

ok, I got this for my birthday and omg is it good!! it is an autumn version of Garland and Lace. I get the sweet and spice that i love as well as pumpkin. omg soo freaking good. I wish we could rebrew but alas i dont think that is possible.

I love my Drac :lol:

This is an all-time favorite VAULT dweller of mine. Heck of a present. Never made the connection to G&L but they do have a similar "feel" (esp G&L V2), very "thick" and substantial.

:bomb: ... will be getting mine out of the Vault in a few days :lol:

My little stash of Pink Pumpkin Witch is in the Vault (because Q loves it) but I have to go back to the other two to see if they've changed on me and I get more of the other notes.

• 1 year later...

I tried this one today and it's very spicy cinnamon. I get no cupcakes. It kind of reminded me a bit of Man Nip for some reason. It was almost like a salty spicy type of smell. I am glad I am not madly in love with this - otherwise I would have to bust an Indy Jones and search for the last crusade.

Urrtggghhh why did you put this in my brain??? I had to put it on. Today, wet, it reminded me very powerfully of that clear Coke lipgloss that came in a tube like Chapstick. Do you guys remember that? With the metal cap. I was unhealthily obsessed with it as a child because my mom wouldn't let me have one.

OMG I used to lust after that stuff. That and the dr pepper bonne bell huge chapstick. Probably because i wasn't allowed to have them either or the actual soda. Now i WANT this!

I love the Dr. Pepper chappie. I still buy it. My sister pulled out a police baton one I was like WTF girl? You gonna kill someone with that Dr Pep Chappie

Oh hell yeah. I have Bonne Bell Lip Smackers all over my house. The Dr. Pepp one is the best because it has a teeny bit of color in it. So does the Cherry Coke one but the DP one is awesome. I have the Barq's Root Beer one on right now in fact.

Today, wet, it reminded me very powerfully of that clear Coke lipgloss that came in a tube like Chapstick. Do you guys remember that? With the metal cap. I was unhealthily obsessed with it as a child because my mom wouldn't let me have one.

Was it Max Factor Lip Potion? I had a Cherry Cola Lip Potion lipgloss, I remember (in the original clear glass bottle with the red flowering vine design)..

Was it Max Factor Lip Potion? I had a Cherry Cola Lip Potion lipgloss, I remember (in the original clear glass bottle with the red flowering vine design)..

OMG I googled it and I remember those!! They were so oily and would leak all the time!

• 8 months later...

With the couple years of aging I've had with my bottle, it's lately no longer thick and dense. Last few wearings have been light and airy. There's a pronounced ginger ale or sprite type fizziness to it now. Isn't that weird? No such notes. Maybe the allspice is being very bright and misleading me that way. At any rate I still luuuuvv it and it's been a favorite of several boys as well.

With aging this is still mostly cinnamon on me at first, but in the drydown I get more soft sweet spiciness although I'm still not sure if I get the actual intent of the blend. Spice notes can so often be blunt and literal on me.

• luna65 changed the title to Dracula's Bakery