Pheromone Reducing Effect

I wonder something. Do having a shower regularly and using commercial perfumes have any effect on the pheromones that we produce ? It is said to have reducing effect... Perhaps we should not have a bath : ) :Hug_emoticon:

It's not bathing that is bad.

It is the commercial deodorants and perfumes, I believe, that can squelch your natural pheromone signature. Buy your perfumes only from this site and find a substitute for deodorant that works for you.

It's not bathing that is bad.

It is the commercial deodorants and perfumes, I believe, that can squelch your natural pheromone signature. Buy your perfumes only from this site and find a substitute for deodorant that works for you.

Commercial deodorants are bad for your body in so many ways. They are made of aluminum and other toxins that seep into your body. There are natural alternatives, however. Coconut oil is a good one, and there are also natural deodorants on the market also. The ones by Terra Naturals are my favorite. I switched over from chemical-laden deodorants and anti-persprirants about 6 months or so ago, and I couldn't be happier....

I switched over from chemical-laden deodorants and anti-persprirants about 6 months or so ago, and I couldn't be happier....

Did you notice any transition period where you were sweating more while your body adjusted or do the natural deodorants work just as well? The reason I ask is that my dad has never used deodorants (not since I was a child), and he says it's because he doesn't need it... As long as you wash yourself daily your body adjusts to not having chemicals smeared in the armpits. And to be honest...I have never ever noticed my dad smell of BO, not even in summer when it's hot...

Did you notice any transition period where you were sweating more while your body adjusted or do the natural deodorants work just as well? The reason I ask is that my dad has never used deodorants (not since I was a child), and he says it's because he doesn't need it... As long as you wash yourself daily your body adjusts to not having chemicals smeared in the armpits. And to be honest...I have never ever noticed my dad smell of BO, not even in summer when it's hot...

I did have an adjustment period.....there is apparently a "detox" period which is worse if you are a heavy anti-perspirant user (which I was). Since I have transitioned, even if I don't use my natural deodorant, my pits sweat very little....and I don't use anti-perspirants any longer.....

I don't use an anti-perspirant but use only a natural deodorant. One thing I've found is that they have to be reapplied more often--like twice a day rather than lasting 24 hours. But I feel better not clogging up my natural processes. Unfortunately I'm like a liquid chia-pet--I sweat ALLLL over but at least it keep my pores clear.

You know the ones that look like a giant salt crystal? That's straight aluminum salt - the ingredient that's the most dangerous part of antiperspirants. It's sold as a "natural" alternative to commercial anti-perspirants, and it is natural, but it's also way more poisonous than the commercial ones. One must be wary about things presented as "safe", only because they are "natural".

Aluminum salts (aluminum compounds)

What is it?

Aluminum has always been considered a heavy metal similar to mercury (but with a much lower atomic weight) and yes, it's contained in most of the usual over-the-counter deodorants and antiperspirants in the form of aluminum chlorohydrate.

What are potential dangers for health?

Products containing aluminum salts can reduce perspiration by as much as 50 percent, but studies have linked the cumulative effects of aluminum compounds exposure with Alzheimer's disease.

More here: http://amrita.net/aluminumsalt.aspx

You know the ones that look like a giant salt crystal? That's straight aluminum salt - the ingredient that's the most dangerous part of antiperspirants. It's sold as a "natural" alternative to commercial anti-perspirants, and it is natural, but it's also way more poisonous than the commercial ones. One must be wary about things presented as "safe", only because they are "natural".

Thanks for the link Potion Master !!

Been using un natural deoderants for the longest time and for some reason they never seem to be strong enough for me...even makes me break out once in a while. So, I heard about the natural salt crystals..the ones u mentioned above, and was considering that option but not anymore...

Anyone have any sites where they have decent natural deos that work to stop both odor and wetness??

I have wanted to try the lotion sticks as deos at www.manorhallsoapcompany.com but was a bit too chicken to try them out...though the soaps are pretty lovely....

any suggestions ladies??

Edited by j5382001

Thanks for the link Potion Master !!

Been using un natural deoderants for the longest time and for some reason they never seem to be strong enough for me...even makes me break out once in a while. So, I heard about the natural salt crystals..the ones u mentioned above, and was considering that option but not anymore...

Anyone have any sites where they have decent natural deos that work to stop both odor and wetness??

I have wanted to try the lotion sticks as deos at www.manorhallsoapcompany.com but was a bit too chicken to try them out...though the soaps are pretty lovely....

any suggestions ladies??

The thing about natural products is they work only if you reapply them.. With the fake, aluminum stuff its like 1x and your good to go (and dry) for the day. I use Toms of Maine long lasting deodarant stick in apricot-which works best for me...natural is good if you reapply it every 2-4 hours depending on your level of activity. You WILL sweat with the natural products.. the chemical laden products use anti-perspirant which block your sweat glands from doing their job, that is what you want to avoid because the sweat is carrying out your toxins, anti-perspirants block the ability of your body to rid those toxins. I did try the natural salts and found them to smell really bad... I personally prefer my own b.o. (LOL!). I prefer the sweet perfumes/oils in natural deodarant brands such as Toms.. they smell really good.

Edited by KrazyKat

The thing about natural products is they work only if you reapply them.. With the fake, aluminum stuff its like 1x and your good to go (and dry) for the day. I use Toms of Maine long lasting deodarant stick in apricot-which works best for me...natural is good if you reapply it every 2-4 hours depending on your level of activity. You WILL sweat with the natural products.. the chemical laden products use anti-perspirant which block your sweat glands from doing their job, that is what you want to avoid because the sweat is carrying out your toxins, anti-perspirants block the ability of your body to rid those toxins. I did try the natural salts and found them to smell really bad... I personally prefer my own b.o. (LOL!). I prefer the sweet perfumes/oils in natural deodarant brands such as Toms.. they smell really good.

Ahh thanks for the info KrazyKat,

I guess that makes sense...the fact that u have to reapply after every 2-4 hours does sound like a bit of a hassle there but it's worth it ( I hope..heheh) ...Never tried Tom's of Maine except their toothpaste which was decent...

I guess natural anything is a trial and error sort of thing...but I will do more research ....

Thanks once again for your input...very much appreciated :cry:

Yeah the salt rocks are another of those times when they are trying to fake people out just by saying it's natural.....I did try one before I found out the real deal, but it didn't work anyway.....

I don't use Tom's because they have propylene glycol.....and I decided that I don't want that around my lymph node area....

I use these http://www.terranaturals.com/ ....really good product, actually....they have all kinds of scents and the prices are really pretty good too....

When I first switched, I sweated a LOT, but now, not so much. But, just in case of emergency, I usually carry an extra stick in my purse.

Heck, I even made some of my own deodorant.....it's not that difficult, but pretty time consuming (that is why I stopped).....

I use Kiss my Face liquid in patchouli. If I put it on every 12 hours, it works fine.

There's no way I want to have to reapply deodorant every 2-4 hours.

If it will help prevent breast cancer, I will ABSOLUTELY do it (my mother is a breast cancer survivor).

But, the Terra Naturals are actually pretty good at stopping any BO....after my body adjusted and flushed the built up toxins out, I don't sweat nearly as much as I used to.....if I am doing something to get extra sweaty, I may need to add some more....that is why I carry an extra....

Thanks so much for this info,I feel like I learn so much from all of you very helpful.

hugs,

Tee