Sugared Forest

katz

"A beautifully balanced bevy of woody notes, including Vetiver, White Pine, Cedar, Sandalwood, Oak Moss, and petrified tree sap (aka Amber) softened by the sweetness of powdery sugar. An enchanting forest, indeed! Smells lovely on both women and men."

I wore this one solo for today, to get a better feel of the notes...I think this would be a great one to layer with some more "austere" green/chyphre type scents...warm them up a bit.

In the bottle I get a big hit of pine...and sugar...

On the skin wet I get fresher greens, it's more "leafy" and I finally start to smell the Amber...

On the skin hours later the cedar is more prominent, with a hint of the pine trees in the background, still warm amber pokes it's head through.

Easily worn by this female, but I'd like to try it on my (male) sweetie some time. I think this'd be killer on him too...

• 1 month later...

Very cool (as in temperature) forest. Heavy on the evergreens, but with mosses and other leaves on the ground. Some days I smell the sugar in this one, and other days I don't. The amber sweetens this one better than sugar, and makes it ride my skin smoothly. (I think my chemistry loves amber.)

This one is great for layering with other fruity and cakey scents to make Christmas/Winter blends.

I'm surprised how much I love this ... I don't love pine in a fragrance that much, but this really captures that sweet sun-warmed pine/fir scent that fills the air on sunny days in the mountains. The mossy aspect becomes more prominent in the far drydown, and the evergreen element recedes and mellows enough that the overall effect starts to resemble a classical oakmoss-chypre perfume. Quite beautiful!

This morning I was awoken by a lovely fragrance that I was positive was baking cookies and a Christmas tree. I kept smelling my wrist in bed because I'd fallen asleep with Frosted Mulberry, Cranberry and Plum on. It was none of these. My sweetie had put on Sugared Forest and this is just the way it smells on him.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this was a mini sample in one of my packages, and while I didn't care for the green-ness on myself, it smelled good on my 9 year old son. He smells all of my new perfumes when I wear them, and he was feeling a little left out :) . Rajah and some of the others are a bit strong for him, but the sugared forest was just perfect. Just enough to make him smell good, but not knock you over.....you know how some young gentlemen do when they first start wearing cologne..... :) This one was a hit with him.....

• 5 months later...

This is another one I keep meaning to write about...I received a small sample in a previous order (last year, I think) and I was really surprised at how much I liked it, because I'm not normally one for green scents, but this is definitely more of a wood/resin rendition, and the sugar helps (as it does in other versions) to amplify the inherent qualities of the other components without rendering them overly sweet. I gave this one to my OTL because it does smell great on a guy (Sugared Patchouli is another one which is wonderfully unisex) but it's also nice for females who do enjoy those types of blends. It's such a novel concept, but it works!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am thinking about getting this one for the boyfriend for Father's Day. I have a feeling I will love it, but not sure about him. He likes the most commercial mainstream men's colognes. I am King and Angel for Men because I have tried to steer him towards gourmands but he used to love Aqua di Gio. My head can't handle the aquatics, I am wondering if this might fall into the inbetween area and satisfy both of us.

I am thinking about getting this one for the boyfriend for Father's Day. I have a feeling I will love it, but not sure about him. He likes the most commercial mainstream men's colognes. I am King and Angel for Men because I have tried to steer him towards gourmands but he used to love Aqua di Gio. My head can't handle the aquatics, I am wondering if this might fall into the inbetween area and satisfy both of us.

It's on sale... use the samples and specials link. It's $10. It's worth a shot if you think he might like it.

It's on sale... use the samples and specials link. It's $10. It's worth a shot if you think he might like it.

LOL. I know, that's the only reason I am contemplating using any of my teensy LP budget on him. Sad but true :D

• 2 months later...

I wore Sugared Forest today because I wanted a more green scent and even though I really like this one I haven't given it a proper run yet. A few previous reviewers indicated this to be more of a woody/resiny scent and I do have to agree. I was out with someone special earlier and she was funny because normally she is into the aquatic scents (except for Mark's Girl Nip) but she really liked this one, also.

I really like this one by itself but it also works well with Sugared Apples. I've been thinking of it in my mind as 'Forest Apple' scent.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Tried this a few days ago and have been meaning to review. I had long been curious, trying to get my head around the idea, but also wary since pine is not always so great on me and thought it might be too masculine for my taste. Wet, it is very fresh and foresty and manly indeed :D but that burns off relatively quickly and the coniferousy stuff just plays nicely with the oakmoss, amber and sugar. Within a few hours the drydown is almost overtly feminine. It gets very foody and snuggly. I could have sworn there was vanilla in it.

Edited by tyvey