Ego Boostier

Dolly

OK, this one is very nice....I get a lot of different scents when wet, but when it dries down, it mellows....I get a lot of honey and frankincense, with some sandalwood and a little bit of amber....the florals are light and sweet, but remain in the background on me.....very nice mix of notes! Great job ladies!!

Ooooh, I'm just trying this tonight and I *love* it! If Southern Gothic and Sin City had a love child? This would be what it smelled like. Wait...that's bizarre. Oh well, it's rich, floral/amber/honey complex and layered!

I finally tried mine and this is Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it...sorry to hear that it didn't work for you SB...

I can't explain the notes, but it almost seems like I am smelling leather in here as well, though I don't believe it has that ingredient. May just be the sandlewood (and I have found I do love sandlewood)

anyway, I like this a lot and glad I ordered a bottle unsniffed... I think I may ultimately boos a bottle with UNCougar or UNSexology

djac

Djac i love this one too! It is robust and very different! It smells like a woman with POWER!!!! Definitely a full bottle! Not sure what I'm gonna boost it with yet, but it'll be good. Maybe Dominance!

Oh TG...great description...yes, it absolutely smells like a woman with POWER to the tenth degree, and so Dom would be a great one to boost this with...maybe I will do one with Dom and one with sexology unscented.

thanks for the reminder

djac

you guys are KILLING ME with these reviews :001_302:

my mail has been moving sooooo slow and my package can't get here fast enough.

the only mail i've gotten all week has been bills and junk mail. ugh. and i usually get tons of letters and packages.

quite depressing...especially when one is expecting some bottles and samples of lovely smellies.

i don't want to have to hurt my postman...but if i have to...

you guys are KILLING ME with these reviews :001_302:

my mail has been moving sooooo slow and my package can't get here fast enough.

the only mail i've gotten all week has been bills and junk mail. ugh. and i usually get tons of letters and packages.

quite depressing...especially when one is expecting some bottles and samples of lovely smellies.

i don't want to have to hurt my postman...but if i have to...

Heh, I think we *all* know that feeling. Brings back mem'ries of board member May regularly lying in wait to tackle her postal carrier...well, we never believed it was REALLY true...I think. :)

I was a bit worried that the sandalwood would overpower the other fragrance notes and I'm not a big fan of sandalwood but I ordered it anyways. I worried about the sandalwood for no reason, it's only there in the background and is quite nice and mellow. Unfortunately I don't do well with citrusy scents...the lemon in this one I amp like mad, and it's not a nice and fresh lemon scent...I feel like a bottle of dishwashing liquid :)

I've put mine up on the trading post... sigh

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this is potent on me...the resins amp up to eleven and a half (that's right, it's 1-1/2 more ^_^ ), just the slighest dab on my wrists and it's all around me. The floral aspect is in the background and the honey sits on top. It's a very "womanly" scent, I think, one which does give off an aura of sophistication, power, and maturity. Well-crafted as always, of course.

Heh, my Taurus aspect really likes this one whereas the Pisces is all this is waaaay too outgoing. :)

Wow, this is potent on me...the resins amp up to eleven and a half (that's right, it's 1-1/2 more ^_^ ), just the slighest dab on my wrists and it's all around me. The floral aspect is in the background and the honey sits on top. It's a very "womanly" scent, I think, one which does give off an aura of sophistication, power, and maturity. Well-crafted as always, of course.

Heh, my Taurus aspect really likes this one whereas the Pisces is all this is waaaay too outgoing. :)

lol..it *is* quite something, isn't it? In my mind I compare it to Miasma in it's "Presence". A big, buxom scent...full of curves.

Yeah exactly...I was thinking that it reminded me of Miasma as well, not in scent so much as in mood/aura.

• 7 months later...
a big, buxom scent...full of curves.
Dead right. I came to this thread to say it's Marilyn Monroe reclining under a full-bloom magnolia tree in Savannah. I get zero honey (strange, because it usually turns on me) - just a huge voluptuous magnolia and wisteria throw, with sandalwood idling in the background, nothing else. Very heavy on me. Unfortunately, totally not "me" at all, very sad as I adore both of those flowers IRL. Will post to trade

• 7 months later...

Gorgeous! I first notice the orange blossom, then pick out the frankincense and magnolia. This scent rules with velvet glove. The woman who wears this is sophisticated, lady like, but strong as nails.

Edited by flwfan

• 5 weeks later...

I cannot decide if I like this or not. A very nice and matured scent. Lots of different scents and rather loud when wet but it mellowed to a light and sweet flora with sandalwood lingering in the background. This scent reminds me of the wet towels most resturants hand out here in Asia. I'll gladly wear this provided I'm not mistaken as I have stashed a pile of wet towels under my clothes.

I cannot decide if I like this or not. A very nice and matured scent. Lots of different scents and rather loud when wet but it mellowed to a light and sweet flora with sandalwood lingering in the background. This scent reminds me of the wet towels most resturants hand out here in Asia. I'll gladly wear this provided I'm not mistaken as I have stashed a pile of wet towels under my clothes.

:) This always struck me as being a 'floriental' type scent....

• 6 months later...

This to me is the very scent of feminity: elegant, seductive, womanly, and wonderfully powerful.

I procrastinated for the longest time on writing this review, because it feels like I will never be able to do justice to this incredible scent. Ego Boostier shot up to my Top 3 LP the very first time I tried it.

On me it's predominantly orange blossom - a note that I love but that can be hard to successfully balance in a blend - with an undercurrent of sandalwood and frankincense. This scent has a definite presence; an aura of power surrounds it, yet it never gets loud. As several reviewers have noted, it is indeed reminiscent of Sin City, only lighter in feel.

This is dangerously close to becoming a signature scent for me :)

PS: JOC, I can see how this would remind you of scented hot towels - but these would be the best, most addictive hot towels in the world. You'd have to call security - and tell them to bring backup - to get me out of that restaurant!

• 9 months later...

Well. I haven't really ever been a frankincense fan. This clinches it. Not a love for me. I do get some of the orange blossom, but not enough to make the frankincense tolerable.

• 2 months later...

Not digging the sandalwood, amber, or muskiness of this. I get a little bit of a citrusy smell (probably the orange blossom?) but it's not enough to drown out the amber. Looking at the ingredient list I suppose I'm not all that surprised, with those ingredients this was never going to be a "me" smell - it smells too perfumey, like cheap soap on me.