Adrienne's Tangy Ylang

luna65

I will know if someone else has the exact same reaction to this one as I did if they mention a particularly well-loved LP...but for now I'm not going to say what it is. Because it could just be my brain which is telling me this and no one else will get it. (Yes, I know I'm being annoyingly obtuse. :) )

What I will say is...wow, I love this! And I was a-feared because ylang-ylang and I don't normally get along, but it lends a quality as opposed to the actual scent and it's just so pretty and bright and although yes, I normally like my smellies darkity dark dark or NOM NOM NOM, this is like sunshine on water...and what does sunshine on water do? It sparkles.

Get it? :blue_dancing_banana:

Edited by luna65

I will know if someone else has the exact same reaction to this one as I did if they mention a particularly well-loved LP...but for now I'm not going to say what it is. Because it could just be my brain which is telling me this and no one else will get it. (Yes, I know I'm being annoying obtuse. :rolleyes: )

What I will say is...wow, I love this! And I was a-feared because ylang-ylang and I don't normally get along, but it lends a quality as opposed to the actual scent and it's just so pretty and bright and although yes, I normally like my smellies darkity dark dark or NOM NOM NOM, this is like sunshine on water...and what does sunshine on water do? It sparkles.

Get it? ;)

I got a sniffe/sample of this and agree I like it ALOT ! but....no comprendo ? spill it ! gimme another hint luna65 !! email me the hint, just to keep the curiousity going, heh !

Edited by liz

When I put this one together I was kind of thinking along the lines of yin ylang but a bit more tangy. It really is sunshine in a bottle though. Bright and happy and on me I only need a teeny bit because my skin amps it wonderfully.

Now if I only had a clue what luna was talking about. Dang my slow brain!

I got a mini-sniffie of this too, and tho' I fear the Ylang, this is a *lovely* blend! I'm wondering if Luna, you mean it's similar to Scented Cougar Potion? It gave that vibe to me...

DOH ! it is a grapefruit !!! thought I *hic* drank too much wine *hic*

• 1 year later...

Has anyone smelled the 'best of' version yet ? I'm simply going to burst with anticipation ! I've got to learn not give away teh sniffees I lurve :)

Has anyone smelled the 'best of' version yet ? I'm simply going to burst with anticipation !

It just arrived! Wow, this is sexy stuff. The grapefruit here is juicy and sprarkling, not at all astringent or bitter like some types of grapefruit tend to get on me. It's more grapefruit wet and then the grapefruit melds seamlessly with the creamy ylang ylang. As it dries down further the lovely sugars and ambers start to come out, ultimately making it a gourmand fruity floral that's just irresistable because you get the sweetness of the sugar, the sensuality of the ylang ylang, and then the juicy tang of the grapefruit that just keeps you coming back to sniff over and over (and I imagine it would make those of the male persuasion do the same :winktongue: ) Finally the sugared musk adds some soft warmth and and that hint of dark amber ups the sex factor. I can finally see what all the kerfuffle was about with this one!

Edited by Invidiana

I agree it's very close to the original, yet softened a bit. It's nice to have a grapefruit option that you can boost with whatever you like also. I find that this handles the cops in the Magnet boost excellently.

I agree it's very close to the original, yet softened a bit. It's nice to have a grapefruit option that you can boost with whatever you like also. I find that this handles the cops in the Magnet boost excellently.

Mmmmm, Magnet!! *gears start turning in head*

They're not exactly alike, but they have the same aura, as it were. They're both beautifully sparkly. Granted I haven't worn the rebrew yet so that's my opinion in regards to the original Tangy Ylang vs. Cougar Potion.

Edited by luna65

So, how close is this to scented Cougar? I'd like to have the option of the fragrance without the 'mones...

My initial impression wet was "OMG, exactly Cougar!" But as it is drying and morphing- at first, for me, it was a brighter citrus than Cougar - more tart - and then the amber came out in equal force. Throughout it has seemed sweeter to me than Cougar, and more a cheerful sunny girly brightness than the Cougar scent which to me is relatively a bit more sultry and overtly come-hither. I also think the Cougar scent has a touch more depth and roundness to it.

• 4 weeks later...

OMG I want this one!!!!!!!!! This is very much like Cougar sans 'mones. Except, this one gets to be all creamy goodness at the end.

MUST......HAVE.........BOTTLE!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a bottle unsniffed and I tested my large sample this evening. I think this one does not work for me. I'll have another go with my sample and if it does not work out well, it'll probably go to my trade list. So sad .....

• 4 weeks later...
I bought a bottle unsniffed and I tested my large sample this evening. I think this one does not work for me. I'll have another go with my sample and if it does not work out well, it'll probably go to my trade list. So sad .....

I had to try this again tonight and I applied Cougar on my other arm for comparison.

This reminds me of Vampire Bait which I didn't quite like. I guess the citrus and cream combo doesn't work on me. Cougar on the otherhand was very much brighter at application.

My unopened bottle and sample will is heading towards my trade post.

Edited by JOC

• 7 months later...

I believe Adrienne did want it to be similar, but I think it's supposed to be brighter than Yin Ylang.

• 1 year later...

This is yet another example of how Mara can put white amber and white musk in just about anything, and I will love it. It does remind me of scented Cougar... kind of like a cross between Cougar and Musk in the Pixie Dust. I really like this one!

• 5 months later...

I can see a resemblance between Tangy Ylang and Cougar Potion fragrance as it perked my memory when I first smelled it but side by side Tangy Ylang seems lighter and more citrus/floral but when the amber, musk and sugar steps up, well, I could lock my nose to it and huff my way to heaven LOL. SOOO for Tangy Ylang it starts out bright citrus & floral. It's very strong and intense citrus & Ylang Ylang the first half hour to hour on me and then the amber and musk come through with the Ylang Ylang stepping back then ending in sugary sweetness..at least for me. I love the finish quite a bit. Sugar goooood :lol:

• 10 months later...

This is just truly happiness in a bottle... Normally ylang-ylang and I don't do well together. My skin usually turns it into a foul smelling scent. During the initial wet phase it does go a bit rank on my skin (its just my skin chemistry) and then its heaven, the grapefruit bursts out onto the scene and makes this a most amazing blend. The grapefruit allows this to burst upon the scene with an energy that keeps you oh so happy.