Caught in the Act

sultry brunette

This one is very interesting. The lemon is not as bright as I thought it would be. It is more like a whipped lemon topping type scent. It is very fruity and dirty at the same time. The musk lends a nice dirty undertone to it. Definitely not your normal fruity scents. I am typically not a fruity scent kind of gal, but I do like this one.

This reminds me of Classic Seduction, and I'm thinking it's the musk. Musk is a interesting substance...you might get the amplifier (or fixative) effect, or you might get the sex effect (which has different nuances, of course). In this I get those effects happening concurrently, it's deep but at the same time it's sexy. And like Classic Seduction it gives me a scent memory of a few times when I got a little carried away with the flavored body butter, heh. The fruitiness is actually very subtle, compared to the other fruit-based blends for this month, a tanginess within the creamy mid-notes with just the slightest hint of the spice. The kind of fragrance which someone might get a whiff of then immediately desire to experience it close up. :P

My hubby really liked this one. I asked him what he thought and he said it was "OK", yet he kept leaning in for random sniffs. Trying to be sneaky (like trying to lean over me to get something instead of asking me to hand it to him), but not really succeeding.

i've only smelled this in the vial and can't wait to get it on my skin.

it smells quite tastey...like...LITERALLY tastey. :cat_gray12:

as in...i might try to eat my skin off where i wear this scent.

it's kind of buttery, sugary, fruity, sweetness.

like dessert without the calories.

will update once i've actually worn it.

Well howdy Toucan Sam!

Wet, this is Fruit Loops. I have a really strong scent memory of Fruit Loops, evidently, because another perfume last year triggered the same reaction.

Dry, Toucan Sam flies away (kinda makes me sad - I adore the Fruit Loops smell) and I am left with a musky spicy little number - I like it but I'll have to give it a by-itself all day wearing to tell more.

once i get this on my skin, that buttery/creamy smell that was making me want to eat it fades away...which is a good thing 'cause i don't want to want to eat myself all day AND i'm not particularly fond of super-foody scents.

the lemon comes out more on my skin, still tempered by the buttery cream, and mixes with musk and nutmeg.

still a sweet and sort of desserty scent, but the musk and lemon somehow make it more sexy and less foody.

not nearly as fruity as i was expecting it to be, thanks to the musk and buttery cream.

overall, this is a lovely blend of warm feeling things that makes me feel cozy and has me sniffing myself a lot to see how it changes as it dries into my skin.

yum!

• 3 months later...

Mannnnn....this one is SUPER underated in my opionion,

Its absoultely DEEEEELICIOUS.

What hits ya first(and remains throughout, though fadeing ever so slightly to let in the deeper notes), is this amazing sugary sweet lemon whipped cream with a currant undertone. Its mainly a PRIME lemon sweet cream though-so pretty and edible, I literally DO wanna take a bite. It's like the filling in a lemon sandwich cookie, with the bonus of berry, made much creamier-sortof hard to explain, but I'm tellin ya-If you like foodie sweet dessert scents, this ones for you. I'm sort of astounded it didn't get more attention than it did.

After maybe 30-40 minuites, on my skin anyway, those notes remain very much apparent, but that nutmeg creeps in, and its also sweet-a very nice nice compliment to the already prevalent dessert. It just spices it up and makes it sexier.

The musk- well I can detect a bit, but it's a skin musk, and if it wasn't I cant see how it would even work here. It literally reminds me a little of the old 70's Bonne Bell classic "Skin Musk"-very light, sexy, thrown in to add some heat and depth but not to overpower the full flavor of this tasty dessert.

I'm in FULL FLEDGED LOVE with this LP. I highly reccommend this one. Its perfectly blended, and smells amazing. Give it a spin! :blink:

Edited by cheeseburger79

This one is fantastic, isn't it! I bought a bottle boosted with sexology. Meow. :blink:

See...now y'all make me wanna go and get some of this...with the sexology...funny, don't know why I never tried this one. Um maybe the whole lemon thing scared me off, I remember how mayday went so horribly wrong on me and I kind shyed away from a lot of the citrus scents.

definitely worth getting a couple samples to test at least.

be blessed -djac

This is a summer fave of mine - I love the first lemony creme (still triggers Fruit Loops for me!) and it settles down to a lovely upbeat happy scent. I wore a lot of this this summer and actually made a decent dent in my bottle.

Yeah its gooood stuff!

Fear not Djac, its not at all an herbally lemon. Very creamy and sweet and blended with berry...(the currant, but it smells like 'berry' to me)-yeah, give it a try and let me know what ya think! :lol:

God-I'm editing this 2 days later-I LOVE IT!!!

If anyone puts this up for trade, please email me instantly!

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 1 month later...

I'm usually wary of lemon-based scents, but the other three notes balance it out perfectly. I think it's the currant creme that really adds sweetness and depth to the lemon and keeps it from venturing into the territory of lemon cleaner, and the musk adds that "come-hither" appeal. The other reason I kept sniffing this one is because I knew it reminded me of something I couldn't put my finger on until...Froot Loops! On me, at least, it's like a sexed-up version of Froot Loops! Omnomnomnomnom. So glad I got a sample, definitely considering a bottle... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh mygoodnessthis one snuck up on me. It has an opening redcurrant smell but also strongly reminds me of something that was in my favourite Smell This Fluffy Pillow! I get a fizziness with lemon, backed by a clean but not 'white' musk with nutmeg (how much did I forget how much I love nutmeg in fragrance!), then an hour later a strong vanilla. I'd reapply this til the cows came home for the opening notes...I cannot stop myself sniffing my own wrist when wearing this...even in public. I am shameless.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just adding how amazing this scent is, on me / to me it smells like warm toffee popcorn with just a tiny hint of lemon, it's as if someone has just made some toffee popcorn and drizzled lemon juice over it, I love it!!

I must admit this one did not /quite/ work on me. No lemon and the cake was very subdued so not as sweet and more spice than I maybe prefer. Blame my chemistry. Altho I did enjoy mixing it with Jungle Colada for a pineapple upside-down effect. :UkkiBannana: I've sent my bottle off to hopefully a very happy home!

• 1 month later...

Very delicious, also subtle enough to be Ok to wear in a full-on humid southern summer. The notes blend together smoothly into a sweet, musky delicious concotion, though if you try you might pick out the lemon and nutmeg.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have this on today and it's one of the ones about which I wonder how there can not be a full-on stampede for this/how is there any left. Lemon usually doesn't work on me (bitter and/or Pledgey) and currants usually go all stabby and medicinal...I might not have thought to try this based on just the ingredients... maybe that's my answer... but, in fact, it's one of those ultra-dark-yellow, moist lemon cakes made deeply sexy with the musk. Even as I write that I'm aware how weird that sounds - musk and cake (LEMON cake), ??! - but it's freaking fantastic. This would be a fantastic bath product...

Edited by tyvey

I have this on today and it's one of the ones about which I wonder how there can not be a full-on stampede for this/how is there any left. Lemon usually doesn't work on me (bitter and/or Pledgey) and currants usually go all stabby and medicinal...I might not have thought to try this based on just the ingredients... maybe that's my answer... but, in fact, it's one of those ultra-dark-yellow, moist lemon cakes made deeply sexy with the musk. Even as I write that I'm aware how weird that sounds - musk and cake (LEMON cake), ??! - but it's freaking fantastic. This would be a fantastic bath product...

*sssssshhhhhhhhh* (don't let the secret of this out)

I want to get a few more bottles of this. I'd given it to a friend as a joke after we were... She loved it and I love it on her. Planning on gettting another bottle or two as money allows.

• 1 month later...
I'd given it to a friend as a joke after we were...

Oh I can only imagine...

I still adore this, as having burned thru 1/2 of my bottle attests (I try to rotate thru mine fairly equally - ah, who am I kidding!).

• 1 year later...

This is a very interesting scent to me. I generally don't like scents with citrus, particularly if it is in the foreground. I don't exactly get the cake scent. I'm trying hard to sniff out the musk in this one but the lemon doesn't seem to give way. It reminds me very vaguely of Sensual Harmony except this is on the casual end of the spectrum. I think I like it enough to want to give my sniffee a full body test one day.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

Imagine my surprise when I opened my first order and found little goodies in my box. First thought, "SCORE"!!! Second thought, "I need, pheros to mix!" Honestly, I'm like a kid in a candy store, which brings me to my review of the scent "Caught in the Act."

Opening Test Bottle Impression (3 waves under nose): Very fruity with lemon and creme. Almost like lemon meringue pie. Initial impression is that this is not really my style. :neutral:

Applied to skin (still wet): I definitely get the lemon and creme, but there's a spicy scent. Still a little strong for my taste, but made me double sniff. Now, I'm curious...o_O

Applied to skin (dried): OMFG!!!! I love this scent. I can't explain what happen, but I can't stop sniffing my arm. It's amazing. :in-love:

Bottom-line: I almost "judged a book by its cover" and would have missed an excellent scent. In the tube it came on a little strong and I thought, "Not my style." It wasn't until drying that my socks flew off. On my skin, it's the perfect mix between sweet and spice. Wet it's still a little strong, but that's only for 5-10 minutes. This scent is in my sweet spot!!!

Now, back to sniffing my arm! :D

Which pheros mix well with this scent or is it an open bag because this treasure is going in my NEXT order.

So happy to read your review as this is one, I have never thought of getting due to the notes, thinking this is so not me, now I need to score a sample of this...thanks

No problem and happy to help. I'd love to know your opinion after you get a sample. :good-luck-1:

• 9 months later...

Got a sniffee of this in a trade (thanks, StacyK!) and I'm in love. It occurred to me recently that one note I would have expected to encounter by now in my LP adventures is lemon, and I haven't... until now (oh, wait--I had an unfortunate experience with Pot O' Gold, which just was really not my thing). This is WONDERFUL. It's a deliciously foodie lemon, but creamy lemon rather than candied. I definitely get the nutmeg adding some spiciness and warmth. I was thinking initially that lemon would be good for summer, but this is so creamy and yummy that it's perfect for this cold overcast day. Very festive and warm and comforting. And now, thanks to the trade threads, I've got a bottle on the way (thanks, LadyVictoria!)!

If you like that particular quality then you might also want to try Kanary Kremes.

I've been eyeing KK for a bit now--sample in January for sure! Thanks, luna!

Try élan vitale, that reminded me of caught in the act.

Wow, just read the listing and I don't know how I missed this! Intent and scent both look like something I need -- thanks, cinnamonmel!

• 5 years later...

"Nutmeg, lemon, musk and currant crème." (from the archive.)

I'm guessing this reads differently now than it did 10 years ago, plus also differently thanks to my skin chemistry. When I first put it on, it was as expected as sniffed from the vial. I liked it but I wasn't thinking I'd be seeking out a bottle. BUT. The lemon disappeared, which wouldn't normally be a good thing as I love lemon, but it allowed the current creme to come forth. I amp nutmeg, but it's the perfect amount of nutmeg on me, so it must be a very very slight percentage in the mix. Over the past few hours, the Musk has been the star. Like I'm huffing my wrists every 10 minutes or so. Creamy musk and currant with a nutmeg chaser. So yummy! 

What kind of musk am am I getting high on here? I'm probably going to give myself a headache because sometimes that happens when I snort musk. And I still want more.

Edited by Eastwood22