GenniferwithaG

Eleven

A glorious combination of 111 flowers, fruits, herbs, and resins that will have you applauding for more. Don't wait to order this one - it's sure to be a sold out performance! May be worn by both women and men.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is one you definitely have to try on your skin because its very different from in the bottle and really beautiful and long lasting. I can tell there's a tremendous number of ingredients in here and they are hard to differentiate. The sum total makes for a spicy, slightly fruity, resiny blend and the different ingredients come up and down as it wears. There's a complex spicyness on the top. It smells a little like cinnamon but I think it might be dragons blood, then again maybe it is both. Underneath I smell deep resins, frankincense and amber and sandalwood. I really like this one and it's different from any of the other LP's I have.
:)

• 4 weeks later...

I do agree this is very different on the skin than it is smelled from the vial. When I sniff the vial, I am almost overwhelmed with what feels like a crowd of voices all trying to be heard at once. However, worn on the skin I get floral top notes along with a citrusy zing which dies down quickly. Then the "spice" and resins kick in and predominate...we shall see if it changes over the next few hours. I wonder if other wearers get other predominant notes?

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with both of the previous reviews on this one. It is very difficult to distinguish between the different scent notes in this one. But, as a whole, I find it to be a nice, very pretty, balanced scent. I would wear it again. :)

• 3 weeks later...

:P Why Oh Why did I put this on today?! I know, I know...curiosity does it to me time and time again...I wanted to know what the difference was between this and Messalina's Passion Potion was. Why I could wear one and not the other despite them both being chock full of ingredients? Ok, I still am not sure why but doggone it Eleven is for me a winner. A bottle worthy winner.

I'm still wondering what the *critical difference* is, or if maybe perhaps just possibly I'm crazy.

LOL!

I actually went to see that film when it came out. Opening weekend in Westwood. There was no more than 12 people in the audience, and a couple of them walked out in the middle. I went with another musician friend, and we were convinced that no one else in theatre 'got it'. It's amazing how the popularity of that film has grown into a cult phenominon.

Wow! That's hard to imagine...I've had tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard watching it. That, Young Frankenstein, Python and a few Panther movies..they will always be classic humor I go back to

I had a hard core music fan whispering in my ear when I watched it the first time. "See, it's funny because drummer DO always die!" I'm not sure if that was actually helpful to my appreciation of the humor. I have seen it many times since, and still giggle. Having been raised on folk music, I also get a big kick out of Might Wind.

As far as potions go. I think having more ingredients makes for more possible reactions between ingredients, which could cause some drastic changes in scent even if most of the ingredients were the same. But of course, I have no idea what went in to either of them, so I'm making things up to fit the evidence.

:P Why Oh Why did I put this on today?! I know, I know...curiosity does it to me time and time again...I wanted to know what the difference was between this and Messalina's Passion Potion was. Why I could wear one and not the other despite them both being chock full of ingredients? Ok, I still am not sure why but doggone it Eleven is for me a winner. A bottle worthy winner.

I'm still wondering what the *critical difference* is, or if maybe perhaps just possibly I'm crazy.

Well, I can wear Messalina, and absolutely ADORE it, and did ok with 11 at first. However, on subsequent tries with 11, it has a floral note in it that goes rancid-smelling on me.....many florals do that with me. The main difference that I thought I noticed was that Messalina is more fruity at first than 11 is. Strong decadent fruits. With 11, I didn't get that......on me, at least.....I had to give my vial of 11 away to a friend.....

I get more fruit from Messalina also, but even 11 is too fruity for me.

Oooooh, I absolutely LOVE the fruit.....Messalina is just so rich and "thick" smelling......

• 2 months later...
I had a hard core music fan whispering in my ear when I watched it the first time. "See, it's funny because drummer DO always die!" I'm not sure if that was actually helpful to my appreciation of the humor. I have seen it many times since, and still giggle. Having been raised on folk music, I also get a big kick out of Might Wind.

As far as potions go. I think having more ingredients makes for more possible reactions between ingredients, which could cause some drastic changes in scent even if most of the ingredients were the same. But of course, I have no idea what went in to either of them, so I'm making things up to fit the evidence.

"Mighty Wind" was SUCH a hoot! It was such a great send-up for 60s folk artists that is was easy to tell WHICH artists were parodied.

It was also filmed in my stomping grounds-- the Pasadena Playhouse, and Sierra Madre.

I think people who liked it would elso enjoy, "Best in Show." :-)

I received a small sample in a recent order and this smells so familiar to me! I never got the chance to try Messalina, so it's reminding me of something else, I wish I could remember what. It starts out very sweet on me, not specifically fruity or flowery, more like a combination of those qualities...very complex and ornate. In the drydown I get more of the spicyness.

This would be another Fall scent for me, when I'm in the mood to be sophisticated.

• 2 months later...

At first application, I detected too many notes to identify. There was definitely a fruitiness and those resins came to the surface too but it also somehow smelled very yummy on me simialr to LP Black. When I put LP Black on, I kind of changed my mind. But the warmth and sweetness of 11 was very prominent.

When I read the description of this, I thought "111 ingredients? That's gotta be a typo, right?" But when I sniff from the vial, it's definitely obvious that there are a lot of notes in there-- at one sniff I'll get a hint of something more herby, at the next something more resinous or flowery or... I also find that once I put it on and give it an hour or two to mellow, I end up with an overall scent similar to one of the LPs... which one, I can't quite pick out, but maybe Red.

• 1 month later...

I got a sample of this one long time ago, but forgot to review it... *blush* I'm guilty lol

This is the strongest perfume that I've tries so far, I even smelled it without opening the vial. Since there was alot of ingredients I couldn't really pick up anything in particular, but all I could say that it smelled very pretty. I used to wear this every night until my vial finished. Reminds me of being in a paradise garden full of flowers, fruits and woods.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I had given away the first sample of this that I received, beacuse of my wacky skin chemistry. BUT, I got a free sample in one of my later packages, and it works REALLY well in a scent locket....absolutely lovely, in fact. So nice that I even opted for a large vial in a recent trade. Another round of applause for the lovely ladies!!

Edited by Dolly

• 2 weeks later...

I'm suprised that there hasn't been any review of Eleven. I had a sample of it, tried it on while I was shopping online for more LP concoctions, and was completely wowed by it. I decided to wear it today along with Phero Girl, so I guess that would make Phero Girl an 11. :drunk:

Eleven reminds me of LP: Original but on spicy steroids. It feels and smells so warm and spicy (at least on me). It's both sweet and spicy...I'm walking around today in a cloud of yummyness.

I *thought* that we had, and indeed we did..but spelled as "11" not "Eleven"... :drunk:

Here is the old thread, (I remember cause we reference the movie Spinal Tap!)

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.p...8&hl=Eleven

11 is one of my fav's too! I find it comforting...like a warm spicy hug! Glad you like it too!

You are so right. I can't believe my eyes didn't pick it up. I have GOT to stop drinking at work. :woohoonaner2gy: It's nice to know others like it as well as I do.

I think there was another review on it except the title was called "11" I remember reviewing it. It smelled beautiful, and yummy!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There are so many good things in this i can't tell them apart, i get florals, light fruits, light inscense, musk and etc - i like this on - the scent stayed all day - no need to reapply (so far from 7am to 11pm and still going strong)

Update - it was 11am the next day and i can still smell it - after the night time shower and everything - most excellent staying power!

Definitely in the top 5 (i know i say that every other post - i better make that top 10)

So glad i recently snagged the bottle

Edited by knjsavy

• 6 months later...

OK, revisiting samples again today, in preparation of the sale....I had been previously using this in a scent locket, because one of the notes kept going very very bad on my skin.....BUT, I have been wearing it for several hours now this morning, and it seems to be doing ok....I may have to snatch a bottle of this one during the sale, if it is available.....

It seems to have changed as it aged....I get soft florals but more spicy notes now than when I first tried it.....many many moons ago.....

Edited by Dolly

• 6 months later...

This one goes to...a full bottle for sure. Whatever these 111 ingredients are, I love this stuff. It's smooth, spicy and sexy with dark vanilla and honey undertones that make it pretty nomable as well. Complex, alluring and definitely my type of scent :Polar-Kiss:

• 4 months later...

Wow, I wish this smelled on me the way you all are describing -- I love all those things, fruit, vanilla, amber -- all I get is

DRAGON'S BLOOD

punching me in the face. And I really dislike Dragon's Blood :lol: I've only had it on for about an hour so maybe I need to wait?

• 4 months later...

I LUUUUUURRRRVE Eleven!!! It's spicy, resinous, tobacco-ish, almost baked-goods on my skin, but with this sweet dry fruity hit around the edges. One of the very best things I've smelled on my skin. Ever. A lovely enabler gave me a sample recently and that's what finally got me over here! Yeah, this goes to eleven. Is there any more of it in existence??? LOVELOVELOVE :surprised:

I LUUUUUURRRRVE Eleven!!! It's spicy, resinous, tobacco-ish, almost baked-goods on my skin, but with this sweet dry fruity hit around the edges. One of the very best things I've smelled on my skin. Ever. A lovely enabler gave me a sample recently and that's what finally got me over here! Yeah, this goes to eleven. Is there any more of it in existence??? LOVELOVELOVE :surprised:

Seriously, tell us how you REALLY FEEL!!! LOL

You sound like so many of us here.....so glad you made it, though.....come and visit with us often!!

I think I have a couple bottles of Eleven if you would like them.....grab the email in my profile if you're interested.....it is great, but it is not getting enough love here, because I have SO MANY that I love!

Edited by Dolly

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks to Dolly, :) I am now able to Go To Eleven whenever I damn well please. Which is quite often!!! Heh! ;)

Enjoy sweetie!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...