Heart of Kapet

whiskerswhispers

Heart of Kapet

In bottle: a lemongrass-wine kyphi scent.

On skin: mmm, this is intriguing! It's very lemongrassy now, but I can also smell the honey and wine/raisins at this point, and also some hints of resin as well. There's also something that almost reminds me of beeswax-maybe part of the honey note? But I can smell the myrrh coming out of the fruity-boozy notes. This is a little bit spicy, I can pick out cardamom here. For now it's mainly lemongrass, cardamom, raisins and myrrh with a bit of honeycomb. Hopefully the frankincense and other resins will pop out soon. This is really interesting-it does remind me of Egyptian Sands, but not as sweet. Eventually this becomes more of a spicy beeswax with a hint of myrrh to it, maybe some frankincense too? The lemongrass also fades away to let the other notes come out, and then wine becomes dominant, a dry red wine…this is a warm, very dry and golden scent, which is fitting for it's Egyptian theme. There's a hint of something almost like olive oil to it, brings to mind an infusion of kyphi in oil for anointing purposes. There's also that beeswax note that keeps popping up every now and then, and then cardamom returns, then it's back to myrrh. At the end, honey makes a big comeback and it reminds me very much of Egyptian Sands with extra spice at this point…and I think I can smell the amber and lotus! Then the sandalwood comes out, with the honey. This is a fascinating scent, one to explore and get to know, and morphs a lot. Though it is surprisingly quiet and subtle, for all its resinous-spicy complexity. I have a feeling that a little bit of aging will sort this out-resinous notes get richer over time and maybe it's throw will improve. It also gets really nice at drydown when the honey and resins/woods really kick in. This is a fine kyphi scent, not sure if it's my favourite kyphi or LP Egyptian scent of all time yet but I love it. Definitely a lovely complex scent with a wonderfully ancient feel to it, evoking thoughts of pyramids, desert sunsets and solemn, haunting rituals to the gods of old in colossal temples, and resins used for mummification. This one has really grown on me and I'm definitely keeping this.

• 3 weeks later...

Sampling this one today, and enjoying it very much...getting alternate wafts of spice, wine, and (it's wierd) almost something "nutty"...what could that be, just wierd skin chemistry? It has an 'elegant' feel to it, for me.

This is an amazingly complex perfume. Which is probably not expected with a Kyphi-based scent. I am getting the definite impresssion that the fragrance will vary from wearer to wearer. In my case it has not been the same on any two occasions I have worn it. It is "out of balance" in the most desirable way. Different notes seem to come to the fore at different times. Delicious? Yes? Mystically Sexy? Certainly. Boring? Never.

May

• 3 weeks later...

I received this as one of my samples, thank you ladies!! :) I keep giggling everytime I get a new pkg. It seems like whenever I am considering purchasing a sample of a particular scent, that is one that ends up in my parcel! Mara and Danna must be wearing "Medium".....

I agree with May that this scent is very complex, and seems a bit "unpredictable", yet very nice. As it dried down on me, the various notes would recede, then almost bloom again, so that each time I smelled it, the notes were in varying ratios with each other. This one is very interesting to my nose.

I also smelled something that I smelled in "Vain".....it smells like the old-fashioned bazooka bubblegum....you know, the pieces that had the little comic strips on the wrappers? Is that the benzoin? Both of them have benzoin listed in the prominent notes.....

All in all, I am liking Kapet......very nice!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just tried Kapet again. I know that with my Kyphi incense recipes maturation can sometimes make a difference, and I could be wrong, but I think my vial of Kapet has "rounded" and "blended" a bit in the last month. The notes seem to be running into each other more smoothly. Is it just me? Has anyone else noticed anything similar? It just seems more holistic and less fragmented?

Of course I could be losing the plot! :)

May

Edited by May

You're totally right, May.

This happens often, that a new blend will deepen as it ages after a month or so, when the ingredients truly merge.

I've also noticed that Eleven and Bubblegum Robot have both taken on richer more saturated tones.

This is an amazingly complex perfume. ..... it has not been the same on any two occasions I have worn it. It is "out of balance" in the most desirable way. Different notes seem to come to the fore at different times. Delicious? Yes? Mystically Sexy? Certainly. Boring? Never.

May

I found the same thing, the first time I wore it a very unpleasant note that gave me a headache was very strong at first. I didn't try it again for a few weeks, but when I did it was tolerable and no headache inducing note seemed to arise. It was quite nice after a while. I just retried it again last night and rally enjoyed it. I do think this benefits from ageing.

I wore this again yesterday, and I swear it has improved further. When I first got a sample of this I thought it was nice but it was not on my big bottle list. Now it has "come together" and become richer, deeper and "slinkier" it is not only on my big bottle list it is right at the top of my big bottle list!

I do believe I am in lurrrve....

May

I wore this again yesterday, and I swear it has improved further. When I first got a sample of this I thought it was nice but it was not on my big bottle list. Now it has "come together" and become richer, deeper and "slinkier" it is not only on my big bottle list it is right at the top of my big bottle list!

I do believe I am in lurrrve....

May

Hmmmmm, I liked Kapet when I tried it, but I traded my sample because, while it was very nice, it wasn't in my "front runners".....and I have so many choices as it is!! But, I may have to get another sample and try it again......

• 8 months later...

Im wearing Heart of kapet today, and i must say its one of my all time favorites!

What a beautiful fragrance. Its a soft resiny slightly spicy scent with just a hint of sweetnes.Its oohh so yummy! ^_^

when i wear this one i find im always smelling myself, and damn do i smell good!

my hubby loves this one on me too ,so thats always a good thing.

It also tends to bring me good financial luck ,and thats a reaaallyy good thing! ^_^

• 2 months later...

;)

Since there is a great sale going on, i found more body parts and started some more samplin'

I seem to like all of the tomby scents i have tried so far, since i am a newbie the list is short but growing [hathor, sacrament, kemet]

This scent is wonderful on me, as others have said, complex but divine, it is dusky, sweet and sensual. for those that found hator to be nutty or insensy , give this one a try as it is a bit more sweet [lightly floral]. Not only can i not stop smelling myself, it is soothing to cranky children, my almost 2yr old cousin stopped her fit when i walked into the room, crawled into my lap and snuggled in for a nap

:thumb_up11:

Since there is a great sale going on, i found more body parts and started some more samplin'

I seem to like all of the tomby scents i have tried so far, since i am a newbie the list is short but growing [hathor, sacrament, kemet]

This scent is wonderful on me, as others have said, complex but divine, it is dusky, sweet and sensual. for those that found hator to be nutty or insensy , give this one a try as it is a bit more sweet [lightly floral]. Not only can i not stop smelling myself, it is soothing to cranky children, my almost 2yr old cousin stopped her fit when i walked into the room, crawled into my lap and snuggled in for a nap

Check you out! You are all over the place with these scents. ;) I loved this one too. I never bought a full bottle because I have tons of samples with this one.

I cant help it, as i try one and i like it i must try more, and more and so on ....... :(

I will be a walking scent - sation at work tomorrow - too bad for anyone that has allergies to anything i plan on slathering on.

I cant help it, as i try one and i like it i must try more, and more and so on ....... :(

I will be a walking scent - sation at work tomorrow - too bad for anyone that has allergies to anything i plan on slathering on.

We've all been through the OD phase......don't worry.....it's normal......luckily I work at home.....

We've all been through the OD phase......don't worry.....it's normal......luckily I work at home.....

LOL, i work in a cubby that is right by the exit so i get a lot of traffic past my cubby so if i have to deal with the passerbys all the time, they'll have to deal with my new found passion.

LOL, i work in a cubby that is right by the exit so i get a lot of traffic past my cubby so if i have to deal with the passerbys all the time, they'll have to deal with my new found passion.

EXACTLY!

That is what i like about LP, it does not smell like anything else and the combos i see (read) seem to be endless so no one else will smell exactly like me and they can't go run and get it unless i share my secret

Sorry M and D, i don't want to limit your business but i don't want those nosy busy bodies that much in my bidnez

• 9 months later...
Hmmmmm, I liked Kapet when I tried it, but I traded my sample because, while it was very nice, it wasn't in my "front runners".....and I have so many choices as it is!! But, I may have to get another sample and try it again......

Well, I got a partial bottle in a trade, and now that I smell it on me, I had to get another bottle in the clearance! It has deepened and become richer and smoother....I like!!

Heart of Kapet is one of my little secret treasures. I often wear it to bed. It is incense, yes, but also so much richer with the other elements. The potion has aged to a mahogany red - a warm and rich red blanket. After a couple of hours it softens to an incredibly rich, powdery scent on me.

Another one of those scents that I consider very personal - rarely do I wear it in public. It's for me alone...

Edited by Pony

Heart of Kapet is one of my little secret treasures. I often wear it to bed. It is incense, yes, but also so much richer with the other elements. The potion has aged to a mahogany red - a warm and rich red blanket. After a couple of hours it softens to an incredibly rich, powdery scent on me.

Another one of those scents that I consider very personal - rarely do I wear it in public. It's for me alone...

I wore it to bed last night, and could still smell a hint of it this morning......

• 5 months later...

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this one yet...well actually I can, because I'm always forgetting to review something. The lovely Tears of Joy gifted me with this, and she couldn't have picked a better person than an Egyptophile since the 4th grade.

ANYWAY...

This stuff is just amazing, one of the most utterly delicious resin blends I've ever come across. I don't get any of the camel grass (whatever that is), just lovely (and probably pretty well aged to begin with and ridiculously expensive) resins that are so seamlessly blended I can't pick out a particular one but can tell it's definiteley a complex blend. There's no honey in this but the resins are thick and sweet like honey. I definitely get the palm wine too--it takes the intoxicating qualities of this already gorgeous blend to another level, and the woods sex it up even more. I can totally imagine an illustrious queen of Egypt wearing this stuff. It's rich and golden and deep and--if you love your resins, you need this. It's liquid gold. When SG said "truly fit for Heaven" in the description, she wasn't kidding around!

Edited by Invidiana

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this one yet...well actually I can, because I'm always forgetting to review something. The lovely Tears of Joy gifted me with this, and she couldn't have picked a better person than an Egyptophile since the 4th grade.

ANYWAY...

This stuff is just amazing, one of the most utterly delicious resin blends I've ever come across. I don't get any of the camel grass (whatever that is), just lovely (and probably pretty well aged to begin with and ridiculously expensive) resins that are so seamlessly blended I can't pick out a particular one but can tell it's definiteley a complex blend. There's no honey in this but the resins are thick and sweet like honey. I definitely get the palm wine too--it takes the intoxicating qualities of this already gorgeous blend to another level, and the woods sex it up even more. I can totally imagine an illustrious queen of Egypt wearing this stuff. It's rich and golden and deep and--if you love your resins, you need this. It's liquid gold. When SG said "truly fit for Heaven" in the description, she wasn't kidding around!

Yes, Invidiana.....I agree wholeheartedly....every resin lover should have a bottle of this in their stash.....I have 2 bottles (one isn't full, but that is ok, because I use it sparingly).....it was great when it was still new, but has definitely gotten better and richer with age!!!

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

My experience with Heart of Kapet is similar to JOC's: I too get a lot of spicy sweetness for the first few minutes, then a lovely floral - warmed up by the resins and the honey, made tangier by the wine, and finally fading down to a sophisticated powderiness.

This is a very wearable Kyphi scent - it is more lighthearted and sensual than most versions I have tried before, and it's really nice to have a blend that feels a little flirty and more "everyday" than the usual solemn and mystical take on this venerable recipe.