Sabra's Secret

May

St. George slaughtered The Dragon in defense of Princess Sabra, but knowing the Dragon's blood to be full of magic, Princess Sabra secreted away as much as she could in order to create her own potions - including this one, which she used to ensure that George became her husband.

Dragon's Blood is a common ingredient in many a traditional witchy potion. Because of it's wide use, we held off using it in any of our potions until we could come up with a blend that we felt would truly showcase this distinctive ingredient in a unique and special way.

This lovely potion is more sophisticated and 'multi-leveled' than the average fair. The scent of Dragon's Blood is cradled between top notes of aromatic Flowers, Fruits, Berries and Honey, and a base of rich resins and musk, with a dash of Cumin and Patchouli.

I really do like this one, for me the fruits and berries really do shine through. It's quite a complex blend. It's sweet but not sugar sweet, more akin to the sweetness of dried fruits and rich honey. It sits on my skin well - many perfumes, particularly the more "food" based ones tend to disappear on my skin in minutes, if not seconds - but this lingers seductively.

An intricate yet deep fragrance. Nice one!

May

Edited by May

• 1 month later...
St. George slaughtered The Dragon in defense of Princess Sabra, but knowing the Dragon's blood to be full of magic, Princess Sabra secreted away as much as she could in order to create her own potions - including this one, which she used to ensure that George became her husband.

Dragon's Blood is a common ingredient in many a traditional witchy potion. Because of it's wide use, we held off using it in any of our potions until we could come up with a blend that we felt would truly showcase this distinctive ingredient in a unique and special way.

This lovely potion is more sophisticated and 'multi-leveled' than the average fair. The scent of Dragon's Blood is cradled between top notes of aromatic Flowers, Fruits, Berries and Honey, and a base of rich resins and musk, with a dash of Cumin and Patchouli.

I really do like this one, for me the fruits and berries really do shine through. It's quite a complex blend. It's sweet but not sugar sweet, more akin to the sweetness of dried fruits and rich honey. It sits on my skin well - many perfumes, particularly the more "food" based ones tend to disappear on my skin in minutes, if not seconds - but this lingers seductively.

An intricate yet deep fragrance. Nice one!

May

Well, May, based on the fact that you and I have very similar tastes fragrance-wise, I have just ordered a full bottle of this, without ordering a sample first......it is getting low, and is on sale this month.....just HAD TO get a bottle..... ;)

I can't really add much to May's description. The honey struck me first, and the fruits. Very rich, not overly sweet, with the Dragon's Blood, resins, and spices anchoring it beautifully. This is one I could wear year round.

Well, May, I agree wholeheartedly that this one is beautiful. On me, the spices are in the forefront, with the fruits in the background. Because of the dragon's blood, it reminds me of Vain, but a bit stronger and a bit spicier on drydown...

But, once again, you and I agree that this one is a keeper! I must be your evil twin..... :D

Edited by Dolly

Phew! :)

I am so glad you like it! When you wrote that you had purchased some because I liked it so much I was a little worried! But I think we must be olefactory twins at least! ;)

May

Phew! :)

I am so glad you like it! When you wrote that you had purchased some because I liked it so much I was a little worried! But I think we must be olefactory twins at least! ;)

May

There have been very few that we didn't agree on.....this one is definitely a good one!!

There have been very few that we didn't agree on.....this one is definitely a good one!!

I do love this one. My big bottle hasn't arrived yet and I keep sniffing my sample and wondering if I should have snapped up a second bottle... But, given the scarcity that might be greedy, if there are still any left in a couple of weeks I might have to stock up. :)

May

I do love this one. My big bottle hasn't arrived yet and I keep sniffing my sample and wondering if I should have snapped up a second bottle... But, given the scarcity that might be greedy, if there are still any left in a couple of weeks I might have to stock up. ;)

May

This scent is really intoxicating, isn't it? I have been wearing it today, and I don't know if anyone else around me is noticing it, but I am certainly enjoying smelling myself!! :) I would go snatch up another bottle, but it is better to let others pick it up, I guess (share and share alike)......plus, I am saving for this month's new releases!! ;)

This scent is really intoxicating, isn't it? I have been wearing it today, and I don't know if anyone else around me is noticing it, but I am certainly enjoying smelling myself!! :) I would go snatch up another bottle, but it is better to let others pick it up, I guess (share and share alike)......plus, I am saving for this month's new releases!! :blink:

Oh god.

All those aphrodisiacs and loads of specials...

If you hear a weird keening sound later this month... It will be my bank manager. Sobbing.

May

Oh god.

All those aphrodisiacs and loads of specials...

If you hear a weird keening sound later this month... It will be my bank manager. Sobbing.

May

Or, the sound of my credit card, squealing in pain from being squeezed so much! :)

Well, I know this one is sold out, but I just had to add that my fiancee really enjoyed smelling this one last night....he described it as "unusual", "sexy", and "slightly Egyptian".....another lovely scent ladies.....keep them coming.....

Edited by Dolly

Well, I know this one is sold out, but I just had to add that my fiancee really enjoyed smelling this one last night....he described it as "unusual", "sexy", and "slightly Egyptian".....another lovely scent ladies.....keep them coming.....

Interesting he should say that. The way Kapet has mellowed it reminds me, in a lot of ways, of Sabra. It's different, spicier, but has that same smooth seductive richness. For my money Kapet is morphing into a very, very sexy, siren-like perfume.

Come to think of it, I wonder if the ladies have ever considered doing a "Siren" perfume, or if they have done one in the past? That might be fun, for the whole femme fatale blast! :)

May

Interesting he should say that. The way Kapet has mellowed it reminds me, in a lot of ways, of Sabra. It's different, spicier, but has that same smooth seductive richness. For my money Kapet is morphing into a very, very sexy, siren-like perfume.

Come to think of it, I wonder if the ladies have ever considered doing a "Siren" perfume, or if they have done one in the past? That might be fun, for the whole femme fatale blast! :)

May

OOOOOOOOH, I think "Siren" would be a wonderful idea!!

Come to think of it, I wonder if the ladies have ever considered doing a "Siren" perfume, or if they have done one in the past? That might be fun, for the whole femme fatale blast! :(

May

I may have to give Kapet another try...... :) I liked it when I first tried it, but it just didn't "stand out" on me as much as some of the others.....I swapped it.....

Edited by Dolly

• 1 year later...

Dragon's Blood is cradled between top notes of aromatic Flowers, Fruits, Berries and Honey, and a base of rich resins and musk, with a dash of Cumin and Patchouli.

First of all, I love dragon's blood, because it tends to go very deep red-berry-spicy on me. This one is no exception, and the berries and honey definitely come forward as well on my skin, just adding to the deliciousness; I don't really get any florals because I don't tend to amp them if they're a background note. The resins and musk make for a deep and sexy background, and I get just a hint of spice which must be both the dragon's blood to some extent and the cumin, and a hint of sultry and earthy patchouli. Very sensual and complex, which=right up my alley. Too bad the roller piece on my bottle leaked a drop on the carpet, but on the upside, my whole room smells heavenly from one drop that was maybe a third the size of my pinkie nail :) Not vacuuming that spot! Have to ask M&D for a new roller piece in my next order because I don't want any of this precious potion to go to waste.

Edited by Invidiana

Dragon's Blood is cradled between top notes of aromatic Flowers, Fruits, Berries and Honey, and a base of rich resins and musk, with a dash of Cumin and Patchouli.

First of all, I love dragon's blood, because it tends to go very deep red-berry-spicy on me. This one is no exception, and the berries and honey definitely come forward as well on my skin, just adding to the deliciousness; I don't really get any florals because I don't tend to amp them if they're a background note. The resins and musk make for a deep and sexy background, and I get just a hint of spice which must be both the dragon's blood to some extent and the cumin, and a hint of sultry and earthy patchouli. Very sensual and complex, which=right up my alley. Too bad the roller piece on my bottle leaked a drop on the carpet, but on the upside, my whole room smells heavenly from one drop that was maybe a third the size of my pinkie nail :) Not vacuuming that spot! Have to ask M&D for a new roller piece in my next order because I don't want any of this precious potion to go to waste.

sorry about the rollerball leak, Invidiana

I may have tightened the cap too tight, pushing the ball in, sorry !