Sugared Roses

May

Hi all

I could not find a thread on this - but let me know if there is one. First off the bat I love the solid perfumes here. Easy and convenient to carry, you can carry them in your hand luggage on flights with zero fuss as they are not liquids, they smell great, help you feel fresh and revived in stuffy airports and the formulation here means they leave a lovely glow-like sheen on your skin when applied.

The roses scent here is a sweet but seductive rose that is not at all cloying.

I recently had to travel for work, and unfortuntely the flight was full and the man sitting next to me had a SERIOUS body odour problem. NOT nice, in fact every time he moved the odour made me feel physically sick. :)

Fortunately I had the sugared roses solid with me. I applied to my pulse points, liberally to my neck and smeared the tiniest-weeniest bit on the skin (not the mouth) under my nose. Because yummy as the fragrance is, I am guessing it is probably not meant to be eaten.

Anyway. The perfume saved the day, and my sanity, I went from being in cattle-class hell, to feeling as if I was standing in a lovers rose-garden full of the most divinely scented roses.

It has a really good throw as well, people really detect this one on you and relate to it. :)

I am never going to fly, without some solid perfume in my pocket, again.

Best

May

• 5 months later...
I could not find a thread on this - but let me know if there is one. First off the bat I love the solid perfumes here. Easy and convenient to carry, you can carry them in your hand luggage on flights with zero fuss as they are not liquids, they smell great, help you feel fresh and revived in stuffy airports and the formulation here means they leave a lovely glow-like sheen on your skin when applied.

The solid perfumes really are convenient! I have solids in LP Red and now Sugared Roses. Since I'm pretty klutzy, its nice not to worry about spilling anything. Plus, the scent of Sugared Roses really is beautiful. I think I'd use the word elegant to discribe it. It is a soft, gentle scent that is in no way overpowering. I think this would be one of my perfumes of choice for dressier occassions.

• 5 weeks later...
The solid perfumes really are convenient! I have solids in LP Red and now Sugared Roses. Since I'm pretty klutzy, its nice not to worry about spilling anything. Plus, the scent of Sugared Roses really is beautiful. I think I'd use the word elegant to discribe it. It is a soft, gentle scent that is in no way overpowering. I think this would be one of my perfumes of choice for dressier occassions.

I have always been so attracted to the Rose flower, I could sniff them all day. And so I have purchased perfumes scented with rose but always felt they were too matronly or Elizabeth Taylorish ( yes, she's an icon but I wouldn't want to smell like her). But this Sugared Rose Perfume Oil is pure heaven. It's like a beautiful rose garden layered with a perfect amount of sweetness that makes it pretty, elegant, wearable, well, just like wearing rose petals all day. It's splendid!

I have the solid in Red and Black......I love them both.....

I don't think you can get LP Red and Black in solid form anymore, but if you go to the "Gift Sets and Specials" section of the Gift Shoppe you'll see the form for Sugared Roses in the solid (it's on sale!).

I don't think you can get LP Red and Black in solid form anymore, but if you go to the "Gift Sets and Specials" section of the Gift Shoppe you'll see the form for Sugared Roses in the solid (it's on sale!).

Danna has said before that she can do custom solids.......not sure how much extra that costs, but it CAN be done.....

• 6 months later...

If you are a fan of roses, this scent is for you. It smells like fresh cut roses or the first blooms of a rose garden, it is a clean, quality rose scent that lasts.

this is my like a lot but not sure if i want bottle yet, more samples yes.

• 2 months later...

I know sugared roses is old news but it is new to me and I wore it today for the first time, along with some sugared honeycomb.

So, one of my friends has a special rose cookie recipe that includes Bulgarian food grade absolute rose oil. If you have ever enjoyed a baked goodie flavored with rose water, well, these cookies are about 10X rosier than that! Just a couple of days ago I enjoyed some of her rose cookies.

Anyway, the sugared roses with the sugared honeycomb smelled just like her rose cookies -- wonderful! For about half of the day. Then it turned powdery on me. Does anyone know exactly why that happens sometimes?

I know sugared roses is old news but it is new to me and I wore it today for the first time, along with some sugared honeycomb.

So, one of my friends has a special rose cookie recipe that includes Bulgarian food grade absolute rose oil. If you have ever enjoyed a baked goodie flavored with rose water, well, these cookies are about 10X rosier than that! Just a couple of days ago I enjoyed some of her rose cookies.

Anyway, the sugared roses with the sugared honeycomb smelled just like her rose cookies -- wonderful! For about half of the day. Then it turned powdery on me. Does anyone know exactly why that happens sometimes?

It's just skin chemistry....differet notes turn to different things on different people.....some people get soapy smells, some powdery, some rancid nasty things.....you just never know.....

You may also find that this changes at different times of the month. AND I find my skin differs dependant on if you just had a shower before applying or not. :)

...too new to answer this question, but sug. roses and rose cookies sound like a fab duo. i have sug. roses sample and a bottle of sug. honeycomb twinkle toe-ing it to me eventually. def. going to try mixing those two.

• 1 month later...

I agree with CC about the time of the month scent changes, not just for *that* time, but it could be whatever your body might be going through at the moment. I know that the first time I put this on, it turned into powder, gave me the finger, and left. Today (and this counts as my review), it's settling down on my skin, docile and sweet, turning into an old-fashioned rose. Still a little weak, but much better than before. I put a little CFM over it and they play nicely together, strengthening the other.

BTW, Xev, if it's possible, would you mind getting me your friend's recipe? It sounds scrumptious! 019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.com].gif

I agree with CC about the time of the month scent changes, not just for *that* time, but it could be whatever your body might be going through at the moment. I know that the first time I put this on, it turned into powder, gave me the finger, and left. Today (and this counts as my review), it's settling down on my skin, docile and sweet, turning into an old-fashioned rose. Still a little weak, but much better than before. I put a little CFM over it and they play nicely together, strengthening the other.

Okay, how much of it is skin chemistry changing the scent vs. our olfactory cells receiving or processing the input differently? That is what I want to know. In other words, maybe some days things smell differently to us but the same to everyone else, even when we are wearing it?

BTW, Xev, if it's possible, would you mind getting me your friend's recipe? It sounds scrumptious! 019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.com].gif

They are scrumptious, and I haven't worked up the nerve to ask her for her recipe yet. It is one of those "family secret" type things. She makes them as gifts around valentines day. I'm not sure I'm ready to test our friendship to that limit LOL!

Okay, how much of it is skin chemistry changing the scent vs. our olfactory cells receiving or processing the input differently? That is what I want to know. In other words, maybe some days things smell differently to us but the same to everyone else, even when we are wearing it?

They are scrumptious, and I haven't worked up the nerve to ask her for her recipe yet. It is one of those "family secret" type things. She makes them as gifts around valentines day. I'm not sure I'm ready to test our friendship to that limit LOL!

As far as that first bit goes, I can believe it. To turn what you said a little inside-out, I've had the experience where I thought something was perfectly lovely on me, same as always, but my then-boyfriend, who had liked it right along with me, thought it was rank - that day. Next day, he doesn't have the same impression at all and his opinion has returned to what it was. ? As far as the scientific explanation is concerned, based on this and other examples that I have seen, as well as what the latest studies have shown in the human sense of smell, the best I can tell you is that I'd really like some hot chocolate right about now.

(That was a bit of lead-you-nowhere Dave Barry humor for ya :001_302: )

Really, I dunno. Anybody have a more physiological take on it? As far as the cookies go, maybe your friend can recommend a similar recipe, and then I can alchemically tweak away in my kitchen!

Edited by Nightlife

Mmm, that sounds like a great combo. I'm wearing sug'r honeycomb today (and loving it!!) but I just can't do rose. I love it, I really do, and at first it seems to love me too. But then the honeymoon is over fast and the bitter (and rancid) breakup begins. :)

I also have noticed that what I think smells good one day, smells completely different the next day, but alas I do not know why. Sorry I can't help, I can just say "Dude, I totally get you"

• 3 months later...

The rose tops the sugar on me, and then after a long while the sugar is powdery and close to the skin. The only problem I had with this was the the rose smelled artificial at first, like a car air freshner or simmering oil for a few dollars. Eventually, the whole scent calmed down.

Edited by likeprettythings

As far as the cookies go, maybe your friend can recommend a similar recipe, and then I can alchemically tweak away in my kitchen!

Okay, I know that she purchased bulgarian rose oil, I think from this place: organic bulgarian rose oil and that only one drop of this oil goes into a very large batch of cookies.

The cookies I think are more or less a basic sugar cookie recipe, the fat is shortening (bleh, I try not to think about it), and the most difficult part is getting that one drop of rose oil distributed in the dough. I think she dilutes the rose oil drop in like a Tbsp of liquid veg. oil and then creams that into the shortening and sugar.

Personally I'd use butter to avoid the trans fats but she says that messes up the flavor.

Okay, I know that she purchased bulgarian rose oil, I think from this place: organic bulgarian rose oil and that only one drop of this oil goes into a very large batch of cookies.

The cookies I think are more or less a basic sugar cookie recipe, the fat is shortening (bleh, I try not to think about it), and the most difficult part is getting that one drop of rose oil distributed in the dough. I think she dilutes the rose oil drop in like a Tbsp of liquid veg. oil and then creams that into the shortening and sugar.

Personally I'd use butter to avoid the trans fats but she says that messes up the flavor.

I think if you used a really mild butter(i.e. grassfed, also known as 'pasture'butter). It would prolly improve flavor. The less an ingredient is processed, the better it tastes.

• 1 year later...

SWEET ROSES! :emot3:

This is the only way to describe this scent! IT's very sugary and it reminded me the rose oil my mum uses for baking :o Wear it with musky dusky pure... and sigh.... it's beautiful and sweet :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

This is a real beauty! I LOVE Love Potions Roses! The first time I tried a rose scent was Love Blossom by LP and it's one of my man's top 5 for me to wear. Well a short time after that I received some sort of goody bag from a large department store chain and it had, I believe, Chloe Rose and Bvlgari Essential Rose and OMG, sickening, ew, lol. NO offense to anyone who likes those or wears them, but ON ME they turned out dreadful, overbearing, cloying, synthetic, you get my point. So I got super spoiled from LP roses that I will only buy rose scents from here, and mostly all of my perfume.

This scent is of course stronger when wet with a rush of bright roses and loud sugar, not too sweet though. In dry down it becomes much softer, much sexier and blooms into a classy scent that I imagine anyone from any era could and would wear. I say this because I read how some people think of "old women" when smelling rose perfume but this isn't like that, it's classy, sexy, empowering, feminine, yes definitely feminine. I have a few weddings coming up and I'd love to wear this one, it seems appropriate :)

• 3 months later...

I was so excited to get this since I've recently fallen in love with all things sugar, and I love anything rose scented :) I also needed a cover for LAM since the cops never seemed to dry down on me, but once I tried this I think I realized the cops aren't my issue.

Sadly, I think I make rose things smell sharp and sour :( So I think the rose in LAM doesn't work well on me, and the rose in this overpowers the sugar. Straight out of the bottle it smells perfect! Sweet sugars and bright roses, but my skin messes it up :(

• 4 months later...

This is too sweet on me during the wet stage and I almost washed it off the first time wearing it but it turns into a creamy-dreamy, soft, romantic rose that feels cozy and warm. I feel ultra fem when wearing this, it feels pink to me which is nice because I've been looking for the perfect pink scent and haven't found one that works well with my skin chemistry. This is perfect for those days I want to feel girly.. This wears nicely by itself or layering with scents that are too harsh. I tried it with Extracurricular Proclivities which is too spicy on my skin and the added sugar and rose compliments it well.

• 4 months later...

This is permanent right? This is the perfect sweet rose scent. It's utterly feminine, romantic and not old lady like at all. It's like standing in a rose garden or taking whiff of a fresh bouquet of roses with their delicate soft petals. I will reach for this when I'm feeling ultra girly and will probably layer with Lace or LFM.

Yes m'am, its permanent.

How have I never reviewed this?

Its an ultra femme,blush rose(think magenta, at least that's how it strikes me), with an icing sugar overglaze. Pretty straightforward to what you'd expect.

Very pretty and long lasting with fantastic throw. One of the scents that I can catch whiffs of on myself alllllll day.

Plays nice with other scents to add dimension, but perfect on it's own. It seems to also be quite a crowd pleaser. People are generally very pleasant to me when I wear it,with or without pheros, and I get alot of compliments on it too.

Easy to see why its one of LP's staple scents! Its simple and gorgeous. :)

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 2 weeks later...

another favorite crisp scent that i lovarly. i cant imagine being without it because it makes all things beautiful, esp scents thst i am on the border with, it just amps them up. hmmm, i love this scent, its what i wear to bed