Banishing Moon

cirish77

Wet: All I can smell is the Almond

Drydown: The almond is almost completely gone and I get mostle sandalwood and cinnamon with the lavendar far off in the background.

Very nice.

ETA: This is definitely a unisex scent.

Edited by cirish77

Oooooohhh..... I'm SO excited! I got a full bottle of this (two actually). Can't wait to get mine!!

mmm. sounds good.

this was one i was curious about and tempted by, alas...i didn't have enough money for it.

damn decision to give up credit cards!!!

Okay, tried this one yesterday and REALLY like it. It is a unisex-ish scent. The lavender is kind of amping, but the cinnamon and almond create a nice undertone--spicy, almost carnationish. Combine that with Danna's working and I'm very glad I ordered two bottles of this.

I really like Banishing Moon. It smells good. It made me feel really positive and clear headed which I think is the intent. It alo reminds me alittle of Flower of the Beast although the only ingredient they have in common is sandlewood. I'm going to buy a full sized bottle and pair it with FOTB which I should be receiving sometime next week.

This I bought for DH, as it has a lot of good notes for him. He was also interested in the intent.

Tried it out last night and it is VERY nice - different form his usual woody or green favorites. An optimistic scent...

He wore it today for a meeting and to help steer his day in the right direction.

I bought this one more for the intent than the scent, and like Countesszero said, I felt positive and clear-headed wearing it. As for the scent, I think the sandalwood was prominent for me, though there was a spiciness . . . I just couldn't sort it out well from the wafts of scent that I got throughout the day. This one has good throw on me -- I felt as though I was enveloped in a soft cloud of protection. I don't now how the situation that I wore this potion for will be resolved, but I'm confident that it WILL be resolved and in a way that benefits all who are involved.

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt expect this to be a good scent for me but I love it!

The scent notes blend so well together and sit warm and spicy on my skin. I definetly find this to have a masculine side to it and I love how the lavender just peaks through.

I want more. :)

I got a sample of this in my last order.....think I may need more....wet, I get almond, with a slight hint of lavender. As it dries, the spiciness and sandalwood start to come out more. I like this!!

I got a sample of this in my last order.....think I may need more....wet, I get almond, with a slight hint of lavender. As it dries, the spiciness and sandalwood start to come out more. I like this!!

:love: Thank-you Dolly, such a simple description but EXACTLY what I was thinking but couldnt say :) This is nice.... :pig2:

• 2 months later...

I just got a bottle of this today, and I love it! Its a gorgeous blend of the sweet and spicy, but not too overpowering from either. Something I could wear every day if I wanted to. I want more!

• 1 month later...

I got a sniffee of this and I loves it! I love all things almond so no surprise there, but I am thrilled with how incredibly well blended this is. The sandlewood does not go soapy on me which it does all too often and I love the little tease of lavender. So smooth. I need moar. I have got lots to banish too, so good timing.

• 6 months later...

I can totally see the appeal of this --

the almond at the beginning is very authentic but an even better version of real almonds, more HEADY, warm and sweet;

I love cinnamon and lavender, which flirt about spicily;

it's giving me a very upbeat, Mary Tyler Moore / Laverne & Shirley Theme Songs, "I CAN DO ANYTHING, EVERYONE GET OUTTA MY WAY (but with a big smile), LOOK OUT WORLD!" kind of feeling;

...and yet ... it so isn't me ... I can almost physically feel it and me repelling each other like oil and water. I think it's the sandalwood which I fear will never be my friend.

It really is VERY lovely- I'm surprised there isn't more of a clamor over it especially for the many who get along just fine with sandalwood....

This is one of the few of DHs scents that I sneak over and perform snipe-a-swipe on. I am not an almond girl, and sandalwood usually repels me, but this one is so very different, and so strong and empowering, that I wear it myself occasionally.

On DH it is absolutely gorgeous - warm adn strong and almost vibrational.

And the label is so very phallic.

I too am surprised that it doesn't get more press. It's just soo...unusual...I can't find a better word.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I bought this for the intent rather than the scent... but that said, I get a warm almond (spicy?) and a tiny bit of lavender, not strong at all.

The scent doesn't really last on my skin for some reason, but no big deal, I got the vial for candle use anyway.

Intent use: I wanted to see if it can help me with losing a bit of fat weight, and I specified I wanted to do it through healthier eating and exercise (I was afraid asking for weight loss = getting sick and losing weight that way). Not sure what is happening so far, but I'll update if I see any good effects.

Intent use: I wanted to see if it can help me with losing a bit of fat weight, and I specified I wanted to do it through healthier eating and exercise (I was afraid asking for weight loss = getting sick and losing weight that way).

I always do the same thing! It's that "be careful what you wish for" thing. You don't want to simply ask to lose 20 pounds and then lose a limb. Sorry, if that was too dark. :lol: Wishing you the best of success!

I always do the same thing! It's that "be careful what you wish for" thing. You don't want to simply ask to lose 20 pounds and then lose a limb. Sorry, if that was too dark. :lol: Wishing you the best of success!

I always specify- can I lose weight and not lose limb or boobs or hair.