Dark Seductions II: Black Rose Variant

Dolly

OK, so I bought 2 bottles of this unsniffed. Glad I did.....

See ladies, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the original (the one brewed prior to March '08), and it LOVES me.....still hoarding some, and if anybody has any more that they want rid of, I would pay a truly exorbitant price.....the re-brew of the original did something crazy with my skin, so sadly, I could not enjoy that one.

Whatever tweaking Danna did to this one, in addition to adding the rose, seemed to fix my skin chemistry issues that I had with the prior version. While not as dark and full of body as the ORIGINAL, this brew is quite lovely, and it does not seem that my skin is going to turn it into something ugly....so this is GOOD! I also am glad I got two bottles, because as we know, some of these scents deepen and bloom with age, and I am hoping this one will, as well.....very nice ladies!

Thank the Gods. I was worried I was going to get a phone call with that big ole' sauthern accant a 'yellin at mah!

Now, you know I'd never do that! It still doesn't have that deep "bottom" that the original had though, SG.....if it did, you'd be getting a call with a big ole YEE-HAW! Damn suppliers that go out of business! BUT, at least this version didn't go all crazy on me like the last one did....I'm gonna let it age a lil' bit and see if it deepens some....still a bit "bright", but I'm cool with it.....

Edited by Dolly

Oh my! Dolly you have an accent?! oh-la-la sexy! Wish I had a nice accent...well I do have an indian thing going on here and there *sigh* but meh!

Edited by esmeralda

Good lord! She has ACCENT, she has ATTITUDE, she has CLEAVAGE...she has JOY OF LIFE!

What a rockin' woman! She's a MAGNET.. for her man, for her child, clients, cats...a magic lady to her core.

LOVE ~ LOVE ~ LOVE!

Dolly has the sexiest southern babeage goin' on! That Red-Headed Southern Man Gettin' Awesomeness!

I love me some Dolly!

I love you too SG....KNOW THAT!!

Actually, for anybody who hasn't spoken to me directly, it's not so much a southern twang.....it is PURE HILLBILLY that comes out of my mouth.....comes from being raised in the mountains.....I learned to hide it over the years because my second husband hated my accent....when we divorced, I decided not to try to hide it anymore!! Being raised the way I was is also why 90% of the time I am barefooted.....even when I am seeing clients....some have commented on it, but most of them don't care once they see that I know what the hell I'm doing, and that what I'm wearing or not wearing doesn't make a hill of beans worth of difference.

Good lord! She has ACCENT, she has ATTITUDE, she has CLEAVAGE...she has JOY OF LIFE!

What a rockin' woman! She's a MAGNET.. for her man, for her child, clients, cats...a magic lady to her core.

LOVE ~ LOVE ~ LOVE!

Now see...you're making me get the big head.....but you know I love you too!

So glad Ail directed me over here to LP, or I never would have had the pleasure of getting to know you fabulous ladies! The wonderfulness of your products is just a bonus!

Edited by Dolly

What about the magic of Dark Seductions ? I wonder if there are any stories from the ones who've used before ? :banana055:

Let's just put it this way....one sniff of the original, and my man said...."What's the name of that one?"....when I told him it was Dark Seductions, he said...."It should be called Instant Erection!"

Oh that's super !!!

What do you think Dolly about this second variant of Dark Seductions ? Could this have the same effect ? :huh:

From my experience, it most likely will....but I have not yet had a chance to try it on my man....BUT, I did have a client giving me big "puppy dog eyes" yesterday though.....

From my experience, it most likely will....but I have not yet had a chance to try it on my man....BUT, I did have a client giving me big "puppy dog eyes" yesterday though.....

oh-la-la! :huh:

Hmm, I should have asked for a sample of this one. I loved the original as well...just not sure about the roses

Edited by esmeralda

I neeeeeed this one!!! Oh, great the TT called me an addict yesterday*having no idea of the ongoing joke here*. If I get a pckge immediately following my sale pack. He's gonna know I'm an addict. If this sells out before I get to it. Remember I have a bottle of bosom bows to sacrifice, ha. Who wants to send me a sniffee so I can know if I need to make that offering?

The last version of this one just didn't do it for me. This one, however, is fantastic. I am covered in samples and ran across this one and said "what is that one?" I love it. A surprise for me. It is dark and seductive. Floral and resin. Soft and hard. Fantastically done.

I loved the original one on mom, it just worked really nicely with her body chemistry. Anyhow, last night she came to me with the finished bottle of the original and asked me if I could get her the remake with the roses in it...

Weird thing, she still wants to keep the empty bottle, she didn't have the heart to throw it away :CHEERS~19: I was like geeze mom, I'll get you a new one!!! lol and I did...now there's 9 left in the cart

Anyone want to split a btl of this one ?

Okay...maybe I am convinced to try this one...scared of anything rosey, but y'all got me all hyped...and esmy talkin about only x amount of bottle left. lol, and she know that will send folks into panic mode. lol

if you didn't find a split... I will partner with ya

let me know...it's okay if you already did

be blessed -djac

LOL Dj, you know I love ya! You didn't try the original?

The original Dark Seductions is one of the hottest sellers I'm tellin' ya. Well this one is going out pretty fast too

I don't like it on me that much (since I think that I'm pretty immature for the scent), but on my mom it was drop dead sexy. Funny how she didn't want to throw away the empty bottle...I was like geeze, what are you going to do with it?! and she says "I'll just smell it from the bottle"...yep, that's how crazy she is...

I hope the roses don't amp on her either *sigh*

Edited by esmeralda

LOL Dj, you know I love ya! You didn't try the original?

The original Dark Seductions is one of the hottest sellers I'm tellin' ya. Well this one is going out pretty fast too

I don't like it on me that much (since I think that I'm pretty immature for the scent), but on my mom it was drop dead sexy. Funny how she didn't want to throw away the empty bottle...I was like geeze, what are you going to do with it?! and she says "I'll just smell it from the bottle"...yep, that's how crazy she is...

I hope the roses don't amp on her either *sigh*

Nope Esmy, I didn't try the original...I don't think I was around. IDK...but I am afraid of rose scents just because they are very strong and give me the worse headache...and as a migraine sufferer, I try not to encourage it.

I do love how roses smell...they are just too strong...I am wondering though, if maybe sugar pure would tame some of the rose...IDK,

I know, I think Pure sugar and LP black can layer with ANYTHING and EVERYTHING!...lol

DJac, I think you should give it a go. I reckon you'd like it.

On me it definitively not a heavy "old lady" overwhelming rose scent, not at all as heavy as eg Turkish Delight. It's very fresh & sweet like real roses and the staying power is great. On me the main note is rose in this re-brew, with the violet & the musk in the background.

The earlier re-brew on me was darker with violet as the main floral note... but my skin ate that one up.

I think you should try it DJac. If you don`t like it I'd be more than happy to trade it with you :thumbup:

DJac, I think you should give it a go. I reckon you'd like it.

On me it definitively not a heavy "old lady" overwhelming rose scent, not at all as heavy as eg Turkish Delight. It's very fresh & sweet like real roses and the staying power is great. On me the main note is rose in this re-brew, with the violet & the musk in the background.

The earlier re-brew on me was darker with violet as the main floral note... but my skin ate that one up.

I think you should try it DJac. If you don`t like it I'd be more than happy to trade it with you :thumbup:

okay, I caved and bought a bottle...if I find it not for me, I will give you first dibs Rosebud...I hope I like it....so scared of rose scents.lol

be blessed - djac

Okay...maybe I am convinced to try this one...scared of anything rosey, but y'all got me all hyped...and esmy talkin about only x amount of bottle left. lol, and she know that will send folks into panic mode. lol

if you didn't find a split... I will partner with ya

let me know...it's okay if you already did

be blessed -djac

okay, I caved and bought a bottle...if I find it not for me, I will give you first dibs Rosebud...I hope I like it....so scared of rose scents.lol

be blessed - djac

I'm not much of a floral person either but I like when blended well as M/D do so well, but the rose in this is not overwhelming, very soft, pretty even.....on me anyway, the violet in this it was does it for me. I'd still like to split a bottle, but I'm afraid you'll forget like the She-Wolf sniffee you offered :thumbup: , hee !

lmk, if you choose not to (cause I think you may just like it), no worries, I need to build up my $ stash for the Designing August 09 releases :666: , I'll survive.

eta: just read your reply to Rosebud giving her 1st dibs, never mind then.

Edited by liz

I'm not much of a floral person either but I like when blended well as M/D do so well, but the rose in this is not overwhelming, very soft, pretty even.....on me anyway, the violet in this it was does it for me. I'd still like to split a bottle, but I'm afraid you'll forget like the She-Wolf sniffee you offered :thumbup: , hee !

lmk, if you choose not to (cause I think you may just like it), no worries, I need to build up my $ stash for the Designing August 09 releases :666: , I'll survive.

eta: just read your reply to Rosebud giving her 1st dibs, never mind then.

Hey lovely Liz...

No seriously, I didn't forget the sniffee of she wolf...I actually set it aside for you a few weeks ago, but was waiting to maybe be able to put it with something ...or see if with all the sale stuff we would get a swap or something, since it was only a sniffee and would have been ridiculous to send just that.

now that we cleared that up. lol, since I did make the order and you are interested in a split, I will send you half of this bottle...and this is of course no charge, but at least it will be something to fill the mailing envelope with...lol

If I don't like my half, I will end up giving it to Rosebud, I actually wasn't going to charge her for the bottle either...it was gonna be a gift

trust me, there is a method to my madness, most times...

and I am happy that I have something to put with your sniffee

and Liz...next time just ask me girrrrl... I wouldn't have been offended. Just say "djac what's up with....?" okay lady!

be blessed - djac

edited for spelling errors... I too can spell...lol

Edited by djacquelynstew

Hey lovely Liz...

No seriously, I didn't forget the sniffee of she wolf...I actually set it aside for you a few weeks ago, but was waiting to maybe be able to put it with something ...or see if with all the sale stuff we would get a swap or something, since it was only a sniffee and would have been ridiculous to send just that.

now that we cleared that up. lol, since I did make the order and you are interested in a split, I will send you half of this bottle...and this is of course no charge, but at least it will be something to fill the mailing envelope with...lol

If I don't like my half, I will end up giving it to Rosebud, I actually wasn't going to charge her for the bottle either...it was gonna be a gift

trust me, there is a method to my madness, most times...

and I am happy that I have something to put with your sniffee

and Liz...next time just ask me girrrrl... I wouldn't have been offended. Just say "djac what's up with....?" okay lady!

be blessed - djac

edited for spelling errors... I too can spell...lol

you know... I probably should have just asked you about the sniffee, but felt badly about the LP:Red/HTH trade, the delay, the constant posts of whether you received it, blah, blah, blah....You've had SO MUCH on your plate, I didn't want to pester you with a silly sniffee.

SWB had offered, then CC offered, but she hasn't been on lately and I figure she has alot on her plate, what with trying to relocate and life and family in general.

Sometimes I come off as being impatient, that was the reason I hesitated asking you again, that and I didn't want/don't want to offend anyone. Posting responses or inquiries sometimes come across differently, I ALWAYS end up rewriting my posts, taking care of how it may be perceived *.

Now..... I've created yet another confusion by taking up SWB original offer, if you'd like to still send the sniffee I'll gladly accept.

And as for the DSII, I truly appreciate your generosity, but I'd really prefer to pay for my half, unless there's something you'd like to trade for ? lmk

OMG ! the DRAMA !! hee ! :thumbup:

* took me 20 mins to write/rewrite, hope this is ok :666:

you know... I probably should have just asked you about the sniffee, but felt badly about the LP:Red/HTH trade, the delay, the constant posts of whether you received it, blah, blah, blah....You've had SO MUCH on your plate, I didn't want to pester you with a silly sniffee.

SWB had offered, then CC offered, but she hasn't been on lately and I figure she has alot on her plate, what with trying to relocate and life and family in general.

Sometimes I come off as being impatient, that was the reason I hesitated asking you again, that and I didn't want/don't want to offend anyone. Posting responses or inquiries sometimes come across differently, I ALWAYS end up rewriting my posts, taking care of how it may be perceived *.

Now..... I've created yet another confusion by taking up SWB original offer, if you'd like to still send the sniffee I'll gladly accept.

And as for the DSII, I truly appreciate your generosity, but I'd really prefer to pay for my half, unless there's something you'd like to trade for ? lmk

OMG ! the DRAMA !! hee ! ;)

* took me 20 mins to write/rewrite, hope this is ok ;)

20 min to write/rewrite...hehehe, girl you are crackin me up. lol

and please stop ya frettin about the whole HTH/Red thingy...it all turned out well, and you are never pestering me to inquire about a trade/swap/agreement, really I mean this Liz...

as for the 1/2 bottle of DSII, NO you will not pay for half...we didn't agree to a halfsy...but I do wanna give ya half as a blessing, and so you just have to be graciuos and accept it please... and, I did need something to go with the sniffee, so this works out perfectly...no return swap needed lovely Liz...just enjoy it.

I could never wear the whole bottle, I promise, it would end up with no love...and that ain't right...hehehe

hopefully I will like it...but If not I am gonna gift Rosebud with the other half cause she is such a wonderful blessing to this forum.

sooooo, you gettin this Lady, end of discussion (just ask TG)...hehehe

be blessed lovely Liz...and, I really don't recall a time that you were ever impatient towards me.

djac

Okay, Thank You Djac !

eta: do you still have my email/address info ? lmk

Edited by liz

Hopefully I will like it...but If not I am gonna gift Rosebud with the other half cause she is such a wonderful blessing to this forum.

Aawwwhh....DJac, you are so lovely! ;) I hope you realise that we all think exactly the same about you? You are a wonderful blessing for this forum, and I consider you one of my very good friends despite the fact we've never met.

This is velvety-smooth and deep, but seems to lack a certain vavoom from the previous versions, although that may be the point. The rose always remains as just a hint in the background; my skin must like this one too much and just merged with it stat.

• 3 weeks later...

I am so sad :thbf54f4bf: I wanted to love this one, but the rose turned on me. All I got was floral soap. I'm off to post it on my trade thread.-Be Blessed,Beccah-

Got this for mom last week. She LOVED it!!! She didn't think that it was sooo different from the original. This one just smells a little more floral and spicy but she loves it.

I actually like it on her too. It's a very sexy and deep scent.

• 1 month later...

So I was never here for the original Dark Seductions.....missed out, but it sounds AMAZING!

HOWEVER-I shall not cry in my wine because I have Danna's lovely rebrew of Dark Seductions 2!

Do any of you not know yet that I'm a rose WHORE!? ( annnnd an orange blossom, lilac, bluebell and lily of the valley whore as well...but mainly rose...).

The rose here is amazing( I dont know if 'black rose' actually exists, I belive they are dyed to be that color), but if it could, can and does, that is the rose here. Heady, Swollen and ripe. Sitting in its Vase almost overripe,the scent permeates the air and its a WOMANS rose. All curves and lipstick. It makes me want to wear vinyl dirty things.

The violet comes forth but always stays in the back seat of the old 1940's Chevy. The brunette. Dark and pretty-a grounded violet, where the rose is the platinum blonde main attraction, done up in a champange colored flapper gown, fingerwaves, red lips and heels. The Violet would like to be Rose but she doesnt quite have the panache. She wears Black Velvet and gloves, has mahogany hair-shes quite beautiful-but just no match exactly for Rose, her best friend.

The fellas they are with that night smell of musk and sandlewood, and the car itself has the slight residue of amber from the finest old perfumes of ladies before them.

Rose lights her smoke and and asks to go to the next speakeasy.

Violet, sits and smiles, goes along with her friend-its always her show...

And the four head off into the dark night, so long ago, but they're scent isn't forgotten-we still enjoy it to this day.

Thats what comes to my mind when I think of the rebrew of Dark Seductions-I could've made it longer(Roses stageshow for instance)-but why? you get the gist. To me, this is a classy and classic, sexy scent. Danna has crafted another great blend.

Fedora's off to you, my friend! :lol:

• 2 months later...

This is a voluptuous rose blend that isn't overwhelmingly in-your-face ROSE but more like...dark rose silk, that's really the most accurate way I can describe it! It's not a dry rose at all (which is what I tend to fear with rose blends) but deep and lush, rounded out with a hint of sweetness. It actually has calming qualities for me too; I put some on before going to bed last night and it really did help me relax. I don't know if that was part of the intent, haha, but those properties can only help, since being calm and collected enough to be yourself around a guy you hope to bag really is the sexiest thing of all. :cry:

Edited by Invidiana

• 5 weeks later...

This wasn't exactly what I was expecting but I LOVE it. I was thinking it would be almost like Little Goth Girl....I like it so much better. I just recieved it in a trade and so glad I did. I agree with above post it is definatley not an in your face rose. Very Sexy and not foody at all. Can't wait to try on the hubby. He hates foody smells. He isn't a fan of perfume at all. LP's are light enough that he doesn't complain. (except LP Red) He hated that one.

• 1 month later...

I put this on this morning and didn't think it was very 'me' -- I'm not va-va-voom enough for it -- but it is growing on me, all mellow rose and sandalwood. Very luxe, I feel like I should be wearing serious jewelry and blood red lips seducing someone in a luxury hotel suite somewhere in Europe right now, lol.

I thought it might be useful to share that it got several stares on the way to work. and, I have a colleague I don't see very often, we have worked at the same place for years, and I'm very attracted to him. He's always been "medium friendly", you know, just in a cool, distant, professional way. But I just ran into him, we were in a small room by ourselves for a moment, and I am telling you he literally did not know what to do with himself, awkward with his hands, standing leaning way over on just one foot, not knowing where to look, and GIGGLING. THE MAN WAS GIGGLING. And that's despite me feeling kind of gross this morning (you know that feeling, hair and makeup not done right, my clothes seem unflattering, etc.), and he is WAY younger than me.

LPMP genii, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!!!!!!

Edited by tyvey

• 6 months later...

This bottle didn't catch my attention a couple of months ago. It was rated 3 out of 5 stars. Brought it out a few days ago. The scent seems to hug my skin in a nice way. This is a classic and womanly scent which I'll wear when I want to whip out my red lipstick.