Dark Seductions II: Black Rose Variant

Dolly

Can't wait to try on the hubby. He hates foody smells. He isn't a fan of perfume at all. LP's are light enough that he doesn't complain. (except LP Red) He hated that one.

Does your hubby like this? Mine goes "yuck" to almost every scent except flora and fruity ones. Haven't the chance to try it out on him.

Does your hubby like this? Mine goes "yuck" to almost every scent except flora and fruity ones. Haven't the chance to try it out on him.

I think he'd like this one (unless he has memories of his gran wearing rose perfumes maybe). It's sexy with just the right amount of "naughty darnkness" to the scent to still be very feminine. I get compliments from both women & men when wearing this one :)

Rosebud, I see that you have purchased a bottle of DS III as well. Have you tried it? Do you think I'll like it?

DS-III is one of my fave's. It's more violet than rose (on me at least) but they have the same similar dark & naughty base. DS-III has a touch of lavender to it too :)

DS-III is one of my fave's. It's more violet than rose (on me at least) but they have the same similar dark & naughty base. DS-III has a touch of lavender to it too :)

Thanks! My credit card's hiding again!

• 1 month later...

The more I wear this, the more I like it. On my skin, DS II turned out to be quite a loud rose scent, i feel that I can still handle it. Definitely not a scent which I will use in the day.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE the smell of roses out of the sample vial... Itz wonderful.... LOVE ROSE!!!! Im a ROSE ADDICT!! :D

Then i sniffed my arm after 10 mins and it made me think of it as a CLASSIC Rose Perfume which creates a dark and seductive feeling. The scent doesn't JUMP, it's subtle and it has its own style :) And it kinda turns powdery later on which makes me love this even more!!!! :lol:

THIS is something i want to wear EVERYDAY!! LOVE!!!! :020105~21:

30 mins later... NO more roses!!! :D My skin ate everything!!! DOH.... :'(

Edited by bumbob

• 4 months later...

It's been so many months since I last use this. I feel as if I'm wearing a red hot gown with some serious pair of heels and gloves. Oh yes, a ciggy at the end of a long slender filter.

• 1 year later...

I have a sample size vial of DS II Black Rose Variant which I took out today after a long time hidden in my perfume box. I'm wearing it today and I start liking it more and more. May be, because of the ageing. Unfortunately, I never got a full bottle, and now it's too late because it's discontinued. Though I know it won't come back, I'm still hoping that there would be something close to that scent. It's a very ladylike scent, warm velvet roses on a seductive cushion of musky amber & sandalwood.

• 10 months later...

Got a bottle of this in a trade. It's nice and soft-- not as strong as some of the other rose perfumes I have. I'd be tempted to keep it if I didn't like Vampire Bait better (I know that's not rose but to me it smells that way.) It's almost soapy but doesn't go full-soap like a lot of rose ones do. I think perhaps it's the Amber that mellows it out nicely for me.

I think this one is a good spring one.