Naughty on the Nile

Dolly

AD-NaughtyNile.jpg

Naughty on the Nile

This scent is like a whispered secret carried on the Cairo winds, tantalizing your lover with the promise of eternal life…eternal love…and eternal desire. Deep, rich, Middle Eastern and Indian Resins, sweetened with delectable Brown Sugar and Benzoin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.
JASMINE (Champa Flower) ~ Self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity, powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, this is really NICE! While not a strong and spicy as Isis, I do see the resemblance....once again, GLAD I got a bottle unsniffed! I get more sandalwood with this one, with the other notes in the background.....kind of smoky and mysterious-smelling....I really might NEED another bottle of this one.....

I'm thinking the type of jasmine used gives it that smoky feel...it's really nice. Anyone who likes the more resin type of scents will enjoy this.

I'm thinking the type of jasmine used gives it that smoky feel...it's really nice. Anyone who likes the more resin type of scents will enjoy this.

I am liking it so much that I just had to pick up a second bottle....I like that smokiness....Isis was EXCELLENT, but was more in-your-face, IMO.....this is a much mellower feel.....

I am liking it so much that I just had to pick up a second bottle....I like that smokiness....Isis was EXCELLENT, but was more in-your-face, IMO.....this is a much mellower feel.....

smokey in what way?

im trying to decide if its for me, i want a scent i want to repeatedly huff, so usually the resiny patchouli-ish ones are my huffables ( i just get alot of the foody ones because i like all the compliments i get).

is there another way to describe it?

Like incense, I guess? You know how some resins have that quality of smelling like they're being burned even if they're not? It's like that, I think anyone who uses incense regularly automatically associates certain notes with smoke. There are different types of smokiness, of course, but in this case I mean incense. Champaca is a major note in certain types of incense so that's why I get that evocation, I think.

smokey in what way?

im trying to decide if its for me, i want a scent i want to repeatedly huff, so usually the resiny patchouli-ish ones are my huffables ( i just get alot of the foody ones because i like all the compliments i get).

is there another way to describe it?

It's woodsy-smokey.....if you like Soul Food, you'd love this....if you ever smelled Isis, it reminds me of a cross between Isis and Soul Food.....

Edited by Dolly

Thanks Luna, I know exactly what your talking about.

Dolly, I have Soulfood and LOVE it.

i think you guys have talked me into another unsniffed bottle :rainman:

Dolly, I have Soulfood and LOVE it.

i think you guys have talked me into another unsniffed bottle :rainman:

Oh, if you like Soul Food, you HAVE TO have this one....

Oh, if you like Soul Food, you HAVE TO have this one....

Hey Dolly...see, this is the one out of the whole bunch that isn't working for me...I guess it has too much of the incense thing going on... I am putting this up for trade as well a a bottle of Soul food that I have

actually, soul food is a lil lighter than this one and to me doesn't have as much incense

ps...so far this is the only one that I have found not to my particular taste...but for those who like the incense this is very well crafted and the ladies did a fabulous job...very middle eastern luscious and extravagant... I could picture this scent on an exotic belly dancer.

be blessed - djac

Hey Dolly...see, this is the one out of the whole bunch that isn't working for me...I guess it has too much of the incense thing going on... I am putting this up for trade as well a a bottle of Soul food that I have

actually, soul food is a lil lighter than this one and to me doesn't have as much incense

ps...so far this is the only one that I have found not to my particular taste...but for those who like the incense this is very well crafted and the ladies did a fabulous job...very middle eastern luscious and extravagant... I could picture this scent on an exotic belly dancer.

be blessed - djac

LOL

then its going to work for me when I do my mehndi.....

if, by chance, anyone who ordered a bottle of this decides they don't like it...i would LOVE to buy it from you or trade for something.

this was on my list of wants, but had to be cut 'cause i could only afford 4 at the time...but I sense I'll be coming into some birthday money on Saturday!!

be blessed - djac

and what might you want as a trade?

and what might you want as a trade?

Hey there sadtomato

I have to look and see if you have a trade page...maybe you have others...why don't you email me and we can talk...it is my username at yahoo

be blessed

djac

ETA: You can also purchase if you would like to do that instead... I will sell it to you

for $21.00

Edited by djacquelynstew

Hey there sadtomato

I have to look and see if you have a trade page...maybe you have others...why don't you email me and we can talk...it is my username at yahoo

be blessed

djac

ETA: You can also purchase if you would like to do that instead... I will sell it to you

for $21.00

i don't have a ton on my swap page, i need to update it.

but i'll contact you with what i have for trade, or i'll buy it!

e.

This one is very mysterious. I see the similarity to Isis, but it is a lot softer. It has a more smoky sandalwood incense feel to it. It is not overwhelmingly incensey, but has a soft aura of smoke tendrils rising in the background. It is also a bit drier and less sweet. Very nicely done. I loved Isis and love this one as well. Very glad that I got a bottle of this one unsniffed.

I spent last night at my sweetie's house, and this morning, I decided to be bad.....I layered on some LAM in spicy brown sugar, and then added some of this.....I walked out into the kitchen where he was cooking breakfast, and was standing about 3 feet behind him. All of a sudden, he says.....OH YUM! I LIIIIIIIKE THAT! WHAT IS THAT ONE?! He was overjoyed with this one....teetering on picking up another bottle.....think I will!!

Lor you do mehndi?! :msn_red_fox_smilies-09: ... that's sooo cool!!

lol

LIFE is cool...

find something neat,pick it up. :)

I have a few fragrances which are exactly the smell of burning incense: the intense heady mysterious scent which can cause a whole host of asssociations to surface in the imagination...and Naughty does that for me, probably in the most obvious fashion since Raqs Sharqi.

The sweetness lies underneath the other notes like a soft sumptuous bed...and the scent clings, it has body but not a lot of volume, it's one of those come closer scents. It's interesting, though, that the evocation I get from this is as much East Asian as Egyptian, but inherently exotic either way. Moon Goddess: Isis was definitely Egyptian in its' aura and vibration.

• 2 weeks later...
It's woodsy-smokey.....if you like Soul Food, you'd love this....if you ever smelled Isis, it reminds me of a cross between Isis and Soul Food.....

To me this smells most like Kyphi: Heart of Kapet, but without the overpowering element that caused K:HOK to not work on me.

The notes in this called my name: sandalwood, patchouli, jasmine (not sure, but champa is actually plumeria alba, but either way I am good with it...)

Oddly though, when first applied I get an overwhelming fennel/anise sort of scent! Huh? I might add that I abhor fennel/anise/licorice...I want to run away from myself for the first 10 minutes or so. Maybe it is a patchouli reaction? Or the benzoin? I thought benzoin was kind of a pseudo-sweet vanilla-ish scent....

After about 10 minutes that top note fades and it is indeed a rather pretty resinous blend. Doesn't suit me as well as Kapet or Soul Food, both of which I love, but it will certainly be used.

I have a few fragrances which are exactly the smell of burning incense: the intense heady mysterious scent which can cause a whole host of asssociations to surface in the imagination...and Naughty does that for me, probably in the most obvious fashion since Raqs Sharqi.

The sweetness lies underneath the other notes like a soft sumptuous bed...and the scent clings, it has body but not a lot of volume, it's one of those come closer scents. It's interesting, though, that the evocation I get from this is as much East Asian as Egyptian, but inherently exotic either way. Moon Goddess: Isis was definitely Egyptian in its' aura and vibration.

I totally ge tthe burning incense scent. I have never been an incense burner due to it bugging me nose ;) BUT when I was away at college I had a fab basement suite in a very artistic part of town. Well the neghborhood (shops and such) as well as my neghbor all had this smell about it. When I tested NotN I reminised to that time. It was very nice. I dont think I will wear this one as I am not a resin/incense girl. BUT I am defiently keeping it around to think back to the past and enjoy the memories :)

Very nice scent all around

The notes in this called my name: sandalwood, patchouli, jasmine (not sure, but champa is actually plumeria alba, but either way I am good with it...)

Oddly though, when first applied I get an overwhelming fennel/anise sort of scent! Huh? I might add that I abhor fennel/anise/licorice...I want to run away from myself for the first 10 minutes or so. Maybe it is a patchouli reaction? Or the benzoin? I thought benzoin was kind of a pseudo-sweet vanilla-ish scent....

After about 10 minutes that top note fades and it is indeed a rather pretty resinous blend. Doesn't suit me as well as Kapet or Soul Food, both of which I love, but it will certainly be used.

interesting....

i dont get even a little anise/licorice,

and i am not a fan of that smell on my body (but i LOVE the taste of both)

and i adore this scent.

what is interesting to me is that an adorable cuddly scent like Kittenish

does what Nile does to you!

I put Kittenish on, and all i smell is licorice !

isnt this weird?

interesting....

i dont get even a little anise/licorice,

and i am not a fan of that smell on my body (but i LOVE the taste of both)

and i adore this scent.

what is interesting to me is that an adorable cuddly scent like Kittenish

does what Nile does to you!

I put Kittenish on, and all i smell is licorice !

isnt this weird?

I don't get anise with Naughty on the Nile either....it is strange how sometimes our individual skin chemistries will morph a scent into something that isn't even in there....BUT, you know, I THINK that both Kittensih and Naughty have benzoin.....maybe that is the connection....

• 4 weeks later...

A friend gifted me with this for my birthday and I love it so much I've ordered another bottle. This is THE most incensy scent I have in my entire collection of scents. I am complimented on this everywhere I go.

It goes on very sweet at first but the incensey quality soon dominates. Long lasting too.

It is funny to see some of the reactions to this when I wear it: people moving closer and inhaling deeply,eyes closed,smiling ,then asking about the scent I am wearing. It induces mini-trances in some. Maybe it brings people back to some fondly remembered time in their past.

It is funny to see some of the reactions to this when I wear it: people moving closer and inhaling deeply,eyes closed,smiling ,then asking about the scent I am wearing. It induces mini-trances in some. Maybe it brings people back to some fondly remembered time in their past.

My hair dresser went nuts over it when I went in for a trim....she said, "What in the world are you wearing? You smell so GOOD!"

• 2 months later...

When Ifirst tried this one I didn't think it was for me at all. I can't do inscensy scents and that's pretty much all I got from Naughty on the Nile. I got no violets or any of the other goodies that I was hoping for.

I recently revisited this one (spiked with BI) and either it has aged or the BI alters the scent because I actually really like it. I now get violets (funnily enough as there are not supposed to be violets in this one) as a prominent note, with dark but creamy brown sugar or amber (I'm guessing that's the benzoin), and the inscense is now only in the background. Very nice... I might add a few drops of OCCO Purple to this just to amp up the "violets" even more.

:shocked:

When Ifirst tried this one I didn't think it was for me at all. I can't do inscensy scents and that's pretty much all I got from Naughty on the Nile. I got no violets or any of the other goodies that I was hoping for.

I recently revisited this one (spiked with BI) and either it has aged or the BI alters the scent because I actually really like it. I now get violets (funnily enough as there are not supposed to be violets in this one) as a prominent note, with dark but creamy brown sugar or amber (I'm guessing that's the benzoin), and the inscense is now only in the background. Very nice... I might add a few drops of OCCO Purple to this just to amp up the "violets" even more.

This is one of my faves....it is also very good as a spray.....my man loves it layered with LAM spicy brown sugar.....

Edited by Dolly

• 10 months later...

Re-visiting this one today, and every time I do, it reminds me why I have several bottles.....very woodsy, smokey, incensey.....love it!

If any of you are sandalwood fans, you must try this one!

Re-visiting this one today, and every time I do, it reminds me why I have several bottles.....very woodsy, smokey, incensey.....love it!

If any of you are sandalwood fans, you must try this one!

OK, so I just tried something and it turned out pretty nice....I layered a little OCCO purple on top of the Naughty on the Nile.....surprisingly enough, it smells pretty good! Pretty dirty, but pretty good!

• 6 months later...

On my skin, Naughty on the Nile goes on intensely sweet, but mellows in a matter of minutes into a beautiful resin blend - mostly amber, I think? - further softened by the benzoin. The overall effect, like everyone said, is incensy, smoky, and exotic. Interestingly for such a rich, sensuous scent, it stays pretty close to the skin.

NotN definitely belongs in the same "sweet incense" family as Isis, and it is truly lovely in its own right. Very happy to have found a substitute for my favourite Egyptian scent - thank you so much Luna and Mara for steering me in the right direction by recommending this one!

• 5 months later...

I adore this one! It is love at first sight.

I received this one in a swap and I wish I had ordered a bottle in my latest order because this is a beautiful sensual, mysterious resinous scent that is sweet without being saccharine. I am wondering if majmua is anything like this one...?

This scent says 'come closer, don't be afraid, step into my sensual world, my harem and watch my dance of the seven veils'.

• 1 year later...

A friend of mine had ordered a sample of this one, and recently gave it to me. I'm so glad because I've always wanted to try it... I love it!! I'm going to try Dolly's trick of layering it with LAM Spicy Brown Sugar... I may end up getting a bottle :)

A friend of mine had ordered a sample of this one, and recently gave it to me. I'm so glad because I've always wanted to try it... I love it!! I'm going to try Dolly's trick of layering it with LAM Spicy Brown Sugar... I may end up getting a bottle :)

I love Naughty on the Nile.....in fact, I think that is what I am going to wear today!

• 2 months later...

This one isn't for me, but I admit that there's something compelling about it. I keep sniffing it. Sandalwood and I do not get along, but I think the benzoin adds that strange compelling note. I tried a sample that had benzoin in it a couple months back and remember thinking the same thing.

• 1 year later...

I was very pleased to get a bottle of this on the artfire site. I get good reactions to it, especially from men. Smells just like candy cigarettes and nag champa incense. Reminds me of those motels and convenience stores that are run by a family from India, where the women are dressed in beautiful traditional saris, and the men are dark and mysterious but friendly enough to talk about moving from India to the US. Wearing this makes me want to lay around the motel pool all day, eat chicken Korma and naan with a bottle of Mexican coke for dinner, and smoke a little cigar or a djarum afterwards.

• 8 months later...

This is a really gorgeous sweet sandalwood scent to my nose. Initially it's VERY sweet, I get a very strong brown sugar kind of hit from it while it's still wet, but it calms down really quickly as it dries and just turns into this lovely, incense-y cloud. I love it and I'm so happy I got my grubby mitts on a bottle :)