Elevation Potion

I'll preface this with an anecdote...

I have tried Allegro and Happy Water and while I enjoyed the scents for what they were, I just wasn't feeling the happy. I got a bit melodramatic with Q:

"Maybe I'm just immune to chemical joy."

"Do hush, Quim. I know that's not true."

(The lesson here is: melodramatic ploys for sympathy may not work with someone who gives you orgasms.)

So then of course I thought maybe I wasn't using enough but I had slathered Allegro big time...so I considered my chemistry just didn't wanna play nice. But wearing this makes me think the synergy just wasn't what I needed, before. But this is so light, it really does embody the concept perfectly. It does have a certain weightlessness to it, like it's not actually on my skin, but floating somewhere above it. The dill gave me pause when I first read the description but it adds something which needs to be there, an almost minty quality, I think? The vanilla musk is wholly suggestive of itself but it is not a true gourmand type: much more subtle but not dark, not dry, just exactly what it needs to be in harmony with the other elements. If anything it reminds me of when vanilla musk was first marketed: sort of a alternative to the classic flowery-type white musk, yet still quiet and clean. Green tea is one of those accords that I think you either like or you don't. Back when I was still wearing commercial-type scents, Elizabeth Arden's version was a favorite of mine, so I find it very lovely and then it becomes a powdery skin scent evocation in the drydown.

What I want in the workplace, I've realized, is very different from the overall zeitgeist here: I don't want to be the femme fatale - that would actually sabotage the years of effort I've put into being The Smart One - but nor do I want to be the center of attention, that would prevent me from getting my work done. What I want...is this. Something light and sweet and calm to get me through the day...despite enjoying my job for the most part, it is sometimes fraught with people who annoy me and tedium in the form of paperwork but then I can sniff myself repeatedly and breathe and realize it's okay.

I think I get it now. :banana002:

Edited by luna65

This one didn't work with my chemistry. I liked it, but my skin amped SOMETHING! I gotta say that it stays put though--when I went for the rinse so I could try something else, it did not want to go. I'm going to give it another shot and see what happens because it is nice and light!!

I tried this one this mornin,It did help get me out of my morning funk.The scent was lovely,but only lasted on me for about 4 hours ,so off to try another one.I really love the real light scent refreshing smell wish it lasted longer

Based on the description of the notes, I didn't think that I was going to like this one. Tea does not usually work on my skin. This one keeps drawing me back, however. This is my favorite scent this month. I really like it. It is light and has a very nice musky note to it. It is a sweet vanilla musk. I really love it. It is perfect.

Well well well...what a fantastically elavated day...

I love this...Okay I wore this one this morning be cause I figure it would be a great one for work and I had yet to try it....Well,

first off let me just say, I do like the scent...it is light, not over bearing...smells like there is some vanilla...I get the tea and it too is very upbeat and refreshing, like a fresh breeze... I was a lil worried at first when I ordered as this is a neutral gender LP...but it is not strong or overbearing at all...it is a very light and pleasant scent... by itself and after I layered with Freya's flirtation potion.

Now for the intent...first off, I was already in a really pissy mood this morning...please don't ask, trust me...and this was before going to work...well, as the morning progressed and I am busy getting ready for my day it occured to me that I had started humming a tune, which turned into straight out loud singing, then I was sorta dancing around as I went about my morning, I kept looking in the mirror at myself and I was smiling and there was a twinkle in my eyes...seriously y'all, by the time I left the house and had arrived at work I was feeling on top of the world...

seriously, I was like riding high on a happy cloud (hadn't even had coffee)...this wasn't an "I am stoned high", this was a euphoric and Elevated mood high...then it hit me...that's the Elevation potion that I am wearing...fantastic!

but the amazing part was the coworkers...everyone within minutes of being around me was laughing and smiling and generally feeling great...they didn't even know why the mood change in them...before long the ladies in my quadrant were singing and even dancing around to music all day and laughing and joyful and each talked about upoming plans they were doing this weekend and were waaay more excited and jovial than usual...it was such a FUN! work day.

People who I didn't know would look at me and smile as they were passing me... if I was on the elevator they would strike a friendly conversation, it was fabulous to watch this potion in motion.

There was this one guy on the elevator who I swear just started to lean into me, he was standing kinda at the side but back of me and I caught this out of my peripheral vision.

all in all...this is a winner for me and i am sooo happy I got two bottles and one on the way...yes!

If anybody finds theirs not working for them please consider that I will take it off ya hands.

Mara/Danna...great job! thanks for an elevated day!

Be blessed - djac

I can't imagine how anyone could look at your smiling face and not smile, LP or no!!!

AWWWWW shucks TG...you are sooooo good for my ego...lol

but of course she is biased...see for those who don't know, TG and I sort of adopted each other, so we are somewhat related. We gotta love each other...hehehe

Thanks sweets, hey I got ya email...WOW girl! and i will be shooting you a return this weekend if not tonight...like you care (wink Wink!) you busy anyways.lol

be blessed my love - djac

Well well well...what a fantastically elavated day...

I love this...Okay I wore this one this morning be cause I figure it would be a great one for work and I had yet to try it....Well,

first off let me just say, I do like the scent...it is light, not over bearing...smells like there is some vanilla...I get the tea and it too is very upbeat and refreshing, like a fresh breeze... I was a lil worried at first when I ordered as this is a neutral gender LP...but it is not strong or overbearing at all...it is a very light and pleasant scent... by itself and after I layered with Freya's flirtation potion.

Now for the intent...first off, I was already in a really pissy mood this morning...please don't ask, trust me...and this was before going to work...well, as the morning progressed and I am busy getting ready for my day it occured to me that I had started humming a tune, which turned into straight out loud singing, then I was sorta dancing around as I went about my morning, I kept looking in the mirror at myself and I was smiling and there was a twinkle in my eyes...seriously y'all, by the time I left the house and had arrived at work I was feeling on top of the world...

seriously, I was like riding high on a happy cloud (hadn't even had coffee)...this wasn't an "I am stoned high", this was a euphoric and Elevated mood high...then it hit me...that's the Elevation potion that I am wearing...fantastic!

but the amazing part was the coworkers...everyone within minutes of being around me was laughing and smiling and generally feeling great...they didn't even know why the mood change in them...before long the ladies in my quadrant were singing and even dancing around to music all day and laughing and joyful and each talked about upoming plans they were doing this weekend and were waaay more excited and jovial than usual...it was such a FUN! work day.

People who I didn't know would look at me and smile as they were passing me... if I was on the elevator they would strike a friendly conversation, it was fabulous to watch this potion in motion.

There was this one guy on the elevator who I swear just started to lean into me, he was standing kinda at the side but back of me and I caught this out of my peripheral vision.

all in all...this is a winner for me and i am sooo happy I got two bottles and one on the way...yes!

If anybody finds theirs not working for them please consider that I will take it off ya hands.

Mara/Danna...great job! thanks for an elevated day!

Be blessed - djac

OK Djac. It not working for me goes the same as happy water, but with drugstore vanilla tinge. It no likee me: ( I gots to let it go. You want it? You gave me Thief, so no charge.

OK Djac. It not working for me goes the same as happy water, but with drugstore vanilla tinge. It no likee me: ( I gots to let it go. You want it? You gave me Thief, so no charge.

OMG....beccah, I would absolutely love it...I saw you had posted somewhere else that it wasn't working for you and I was just looking to see if you had a trade page...

what scents do you like...I could send you some samples

I would love to have the bottle of Elevation...Thank you a million times...do you have my address still?...if not send me an email it is my user name at yahoo

thank you so much Beccah

be blessed - djac

OMG....beccah, I would absolutely love it...I saw you had posted somewhere else that it wasn't working for you and I was just looking to see if you had a trade page...

what scents do you like...I could send you some samples

I would love to have the bottle of Elevation...Thank you a million times...do you have my address still?...if not send me an email it is my user name at yahoo

thank you so much Beccah

be blessed - djac

Yep I have your addy, don't worry about it. Be blessed, dearest.

OOhh I was a little scared of the green tea in this thinking it may be too strong but it's not. It's wonderful and fresh and airy like with a softness to it like clouds. I need a bottle.

Oh yeah I also like the balloons on the label. I've wanted to ride a balloon for so long but haven't yet.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

OOhh I was a little scared of the green tea in this thinking it may be too strong but it's not. It's wonderful and fresh and airy like with a softness to it like clouds. I need a bottle.

Oh yeah I also like the balloons on the label. I've wanted to ride a balloon for so long but haven't yet.

Ivy,

I hope you get to do this someday. I was very fortunate to get the chance several years ago, and it is the most wonderful feeling! You just float along in silence, except for the short bursts from the burner that keeps the balloon filled & aloft, and you can hear all kinds of stuff on the ground. When I got my ride, we went over the neighborhood I lived in (in a small town) and over my house, then out into the countryside. I could hear dogs barking on the ground! It kind of has the same feeling as coasting along on a bicycle . . . just an absolutely incredible experience!

Ivy,

I hope you get to do this someday. I was very fortunate to get the chance several years ago, and it is the most wonderful feeling! You just float along in silence, except for the short bursts from the burner that keeps the balloon filled & aloft, and you can hear all kinds of stuff on the ground. When I got my ride, we went over the neighborhood I lived in (in a small town) and over my house, then out into the countryside. I could hear dogs barking on the ground! It kind of has the same feeling as coasting along on a bicycle . . . just an absolutely incredible experience!

*sigh* sounds wonderful

:Ladybird-Sexy:

Oh wow!!!

I wasn`t sure about this scent before tryingit, mainly because of the green tea & dill. Boy was I wrong though! This is absolutely lovely :lol: It really is elevating.

The scent has vanilla musk notes that remind me very much of one of my absolute fave's; Aussie L's One & Only. Elevation Potion is more refreshing & less cosy/creamy than AL's O&O. I don't notice the dill at all but I do notice the green tea; it's quite similar to Elizabeth Arden's Iced green tea. I'm not sure if my nose is just imagining it but I think there's a slight hint of mint or something else "cool " that makes the scent refreshing...

This has been one of my staples in the mornin .Iam at my worst in the morninwatin for my morning meds to kick in.It seems when I wear this it seem to helpme to fill myself so much faster.It is a beautifulscen I only should have order more.I wish I could get beter at picking out notes for all my friends,and well of course me :wub:

• 1 month later...

Mmm, this smells absolutely beautiful and gorgeous. I wasn't sure how the green tea was going to act on my skin but I ended up with a dusty vanilla and it's absolutely gorgeous. As for the self effects, I'm pretty much feelin' them. Maybe I'm sensitive but it's really hard for me to focus while I'm wearing this. I wasn't sure what to look for but I've been spacing out for a half hour and I just realized it. I'm not in a hysterically happy mood, but rather content and mild feeling.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been wearing Elevation potion and Neanderlicious together at work for the last few weeks and it really works for me. I have had patients and coworkers ask what I'm wearing and that they really like the smell. Doctors have followed me into patients rooms and started to chit chat. These are people I have worked with for 5 years and usually don't give anyone a minute more of their time than necessary. One guy stood next to me and talked for 15min while I was charting and was still talking to me as he was walkng away down the hall. I had to order more of both bottles as I get GOOD results with this combination. :Hug_emoticon:

• 5 months later...

I really like this one! My boyfriend said he was iffy about it because it smells too much 'like perfume,' but I don't agree. The dill really comes out, as people have been saying, and there is a minty undertone, and hours after application, it's a delightful vanilla scent. A keeper for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

This smells like a cheerful matcha latte if they used light cream instead of milk. It's creamy without sweetness. The perfect pick-me-up for getting going in the morning on little sleep, and perfect for work!

Need some feedback: what would you all think of this combined with Cougar?

While I certainly don't think it'd be bad, I imagine Cougar going more with scents described as arresting, sexy, attention-grabbing, sparkly, etc.

Elevation Potion, on me, at least, seems more calming than any of those.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

THIS IS REALLY GOOD STUFF! :witchnaner: I was in such a happy bunny mood today! Most of all, i don't get tired wearing this! :w00t:

I was working on my charcoal drawing in the studio for the finals! normally, we would be pretty stressed out and i dunno, everyone's pretty chill and happy today :) One of the classmate usually drive me nuts but today... i'm pretty chill and calm and actually got along pretty well with the classmate!! :lol::o:O Magic potion??

I don't really get the green tea???? I love the quality of the scent, it's very light fluffy and sweet :):):) The fragrance give me wings... heh :) Im going to try this out again tomorrow :D

THIS IS REALLY GOOD STUFF! :party: I was in such a happy bunny mood today! Most of all, i don't get tired wearing this! :o

Elevation Potion indeed :lol:

This is straight a-nol in a very uplifting scent : ) ... and IMO,if you get tired wearing pheros...you are using too much !

This is straight a-nol in a very uplifting scent : ) ... and IMO,if you get tired wearing pheros...you are using too much !

Hmm... that's strange coz normally i would just dab 2 times on the back of my hands and neck?? or a spray of B2 and i will crash towards the end of the day!!! :party: May be i'm just sensitive to pheros??? Or sometimes only a dab will send me a throbbing headache straight away like lace.... i have No idea why!! :o

• 3 months later...

This is my favorite LP of all time. I started with LP a couple of years ago and ordered some samples here and there, mostly to try out the pheros. This one got tossed aside because it was OMG DILL when I put it on. Fast forward years later.

This is now my go to morning blend. It helps with my depression/anxiety and starts my day when my ADD meds are taking their time to kick in. The scent is so uplifting so it's not just the A-nol. Both the smell and pheros work in perfect harmony in make this such a positive blend.

If this blend were a color, it'd be fluffy white with yellow and blue dots, like a cloud with sun hitting it in certain spots.

I can't rave enough. The vanilla musk makes it smooth and yummy but not drooling edible. The dill makes it watery/ozoney to me (not minty) and also adds a freshness. (If PM reads this, is it the dill leaves or dill seeds? I'm looking into aromatherapy and think this would be a wonderful addition to an herbal blend.) If there's an amber in here I don't smell it per se (maybe it's a white or lighter amber) and rounds out the blend. Just I need to aquire more bottles (I have 2 already and that doesn't feel like enough)!

:)

(Can I solicit a PM here if there are any unloved ones floating around?)

Edited by mejuxtaposed

(If PM reads this, is it the dill leaves or dill seeds? I'm looking into aromatherapy and think this would be a wonderful addition to an herbal blend.)

My favorite Dill EO is called "Sweet Dill", so it is likely that I used that one. I assume it is the leaves, and it does smell different from Dill Seed EO. :)

As much as I love this and uplifting it smells, I think getting it at a very depressing time for me has given it bad associations for me and never really seems to cheer me up, It's ad cause I really love this, wish I could change this association some how.

As much as I love this and uplifting it smells, I think getting it at a very depressing time for me has given it bad associations for me and never really seems to cheer me up, It's ad cause I really love this, wish I could change this association some how.

How about you wear Elevation otion when doign something you know would be elevating- like riding a roller coaster! I know scent memory is particularly strong but I hope you can find a way to enjoy your perfume.

Otherwise, I'm not Wiccan, but what about a cleansing ritual? Like focus on the perfume, and breathe out all the bad energy you have connected to it. Then, as you deeply inhale the scent, focus on a while healing light filling your body.

Good luck!

(Can I solicit a PM here if there are any unloved ones floating around?)

Start a thread in the Trading Post to see if anyone has a bottle they are willing to sell or trade.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, mejuxtaposed talked me into it.

I looked up my recipe and I have all the ingredients on hand, and this is not a difficult blend to make. So I am making a little more.

Is there anyone else that would like a bottle?

Presale...I will only make enough to cover the orders for it.

And please state if you would like this in oil or spray, and I will invoice for it, or whatever. I think we orig sold it in oil as we were not doing sprays much at the time, but anything alpha-nol is now, to my mind, most appropriate in spray form to get the full advantages of *dawoozy*.

:)

LINK TO ORIGINAL OFFERING:

http://lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/Elevation/

Wow. I almost cried when I read this. I can't express my gratitude. Not to sound creepy, but is the address on the packages and billing the same as your mailing address? I would love to send you a handwritten note of thanks.

As far as pre-ordering I will have to check my budget today and beg for early birthday presents and see how much I can purchase and get back to you later this evening.

I'm debating between the oils and spray right now... (OR a few of both!) I'm not really sure how good scent dispersion is with the spray but I know I have to apply the oil around 2-3 times a day. Is the spray something I could apply in the morning before work and then just touch up during the day once? Or should I use the oil first and then spray over that? Any help in that area would be appreciated.

Thank you sosososososososososo much PM. :(

Again, you could bowl me over with a feather right now!!!!

Edited by mejuxtaposed