Lizzy's Tizzy

liz

Thx Mara & Danna, while I didn't know how this would turn out, I knew you both could pull it off, and did so Fabulously ! I need to learn to let a scent bloom, at first I wasn't diggin' on the brown sugar. Did some dishes washed it off and reapplied (gently shook btl too, don't remember doing that initially) and BAM !!! the brown sugar starts the show and just when I thought I sniffed up all the brown sugar, the blend of Dk Patchouli, Blood Orange and Ginger comes thru and sends little tingly, juicy bursts up my nose and I swear it made my toes curl ! REALLY ! The first day I wore this to work I got ALOT of compliments and tons of smiles (mostly from men, wonder if that's from the Civet ?)

How does this compare to your other scent, Liz? (which I've been wearing in spades all month long and probably need more of..dang it.)

you know how to make a damn fine perfume if I may say.

How does this compare to your other scent, Liz? (which I've been wearing in spades all month long and probably need more of..dang it.)

you know how to make a damn fine perfume if I may say.

for me, it's different in that it's resiny tang, Sorry Cheesy.....I'm afraid that's all I can say, not good at describing, just know I LOVE it for a summer patchouli scent, but it won't be everyone's cup of tea.

eta: Where you been ? you little monkey !

Edited by liz

Liz, your on Facebook-have you not seen all the drama I've been goin through?

If not it's described in the "annnnnd she's back" post in the off topic forum....little monkey...heehee!! I missed you! :)

Mmmm....What would you amp it w/ ? If you were gonna?

when I wear this scent, I feel 'playful', so....probably unscented Cougar, since SP is 6yrs younger, I'm not too knowledgeable w/pheros, but I suppose it depends on what you're trying to achieve ^_^

Liz, your on Facebook-have you not seen all the drama I've been goin through?

If not it's described in the "annnnnd she's back" post in the off topic forum....little monkey...heehee!! I missed you! :)

Sorry Hon, if I'm not FB, I'm playing Vampire Wars ! BTW....did you go to that Werewolf party ?

back at ya green_smiley_monster.gif

glad your back, now for school.......*taps foots while hands in hips*

Love the scent Liz!

For me, this is a spicy ginger with just a tiny hint of orange ,and a deep, dry patchouli right behind it.............this has an excellent throw.

VERY SEXY!

The lovely conceptualist behind this fragrance was kind enough to hook me up with a decant and OMG! This is so very ornate, a definite golden aura of complexity and when you think about how few ingredients are involved, again, this speaks to the quality of those notes that they can conjure up something so weighty.

For me, this is definitely a unisex fragrance and I can't wait to smell it on Quince; the fire of the ginger (a freshly-grated character rather than a ground spice one) melds with the deep earthiness of the patchouli and the civet, with just an airy hint of the blood orange floating on top...so commanding! *swoon*

This is what it makes me think of....finding a piece of furniture in an antique store and at first you think I'm not fabulous enough to own that but the more you wander around the shop, the more it calls to you, till finally you decide that you will design the room around it rather than the other way around...or maybe it will just have the room to itself, it doesn't need anything else, it is that complete. It has character, maybe more character than you do, even.

Mistress Liz, you keep thinking of wonderful things to do with patchouli, okay? Promise? :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

Edited by luna65

Love the scent Liz!

For me, this is a spicy ginger with just a tiny hint of orange ,and a deep, dry patchouli right behind it.............this has an excellent throw.

VERY SEXY!

I'm so Glad you like it Ajia, THX !

The lovely conceptualist behind this fragrance was kind enough to hook me up with a decant and OMG! This is so very ornate, a definite golden aura of complexity and when you think about how few ingredients are involved, again, this speaks to the quality of those notes that they can conjure up something so weighty.

For me, this is definitely a unisex fragrance and I can't wait to smell on Quince; the fire of the ginger (a freshly-grated character rather than a ground spice one) melds with the deep earthiness of the patchouli and the civet, with just an airy hint of the blood orange floating on top...so commanding! *swoon*

This is what it makes me think of....finding a piece of furniture in an antique store and at first you think I'm not fabulous enough to own that but the more you wander around the shop, the more it calls to you, till finally you just decide that you will design the room around it rather than the other way around...or maybe it will just have the room to itself, it doesn't need anything else, it is that complete. It has character, maybe more character than you do, even.

Mistress Liz, you keep thinking of wonderful things to do with patchouli, okay? Promise? :beggingpleasesmiley:

aw...shucks :jumpforjoy: *Iz blushin'*

Thx Luna65 !

• 2 years later...

This took me a long time to put my finger on. The smell of it is so very distinct. I don't know any other word for it. I knew I could smell something really familiar in there and it took me a while to place it (fragrance newb, and remember I am doing this testing without reading any info on the ingredients first) but I finally figured out the ginger in it - it smells like ginger tea to me. At first this smell nauseated me a little and I couldn't figure out why, but then when I picked the ginger it made sense, because I always drink ginger tea to settle my stomach when I'm nauseous. I guess my scent memory is taking that smell and associating it with being ill. Unfortunate, as there's something very polished and just refined about this that I think could have wonderful potential. Maybe it's the resins. I could probably get used to it and create a better sense memory with the smell, but I don't think I'll have enough for that as this is only a sampler, and with so many other lovely smells out there I think I'll stick to some of the others that I don't have that association with.

I tested a bit on my hand, and the first thing I smell is something salty or like vinegar which is probably the patchouli. As it dries down I get tons of zesty oranges, that fades a bit and then I get a really strong cloud of something that I can't explain. I know I have smelled this before. It's a very strong cloud. Almost like it's putting me in a choke hold or something. It's a bit too strong for my tastes, but I did enjoy the orange part.

I tested a bit on my hand, and the first thing I smell is something salty or like vinegar which is probably the patchouli. As it dries down I get tons of zesty oranges, that fades a bit and then I get a really strong cloud of something that I can't explain. I know I have smelled this before. It's a very strong cloud. Almost like it's putting me in a choke hold or something. It's a bit too strong for my tastes, but I did enjoy the orange part.

LadyV, this was my experience as well, and I realised that unknown, familiar element was the ginger. Is that the case for you?

LadyV, this was my experience as well, and I realised that unknown, familiar element was the ginger. Is that the case for you?

No it wasn't the ginger, it was stronger than ginger almost like something that you would smell that is not made anymore. It reminded me of the Paloma Picasso fragrance or Estee Lauder's Youth Dew.

• 1 month later...

Yowza!! I received a baby sniffle of this and just put it on after my shower today. I used it all...I couldn't help myself. I had no idea this scent was around and appears to have been around for awhile. I guess it's good for me it's still available because I plan on snagging a bottle. Patchouli scents are either a hit or miss for me. They have a tendency to be angry and aggressive on me, but this one loves me so much. :-)

The patchouli here is warm and sexy with the orange sweetening it up it a way I've never experienced before, and the ginger gives it a teasing spicy hug. I love how complex (Is it sweet? Is it warm?) it is. As I stated above...yowza!!

• 5 months later...

I love dark resiny scents and this one does not disappoint...it starts out with that deep, dark patchouli and you think Oh my this is too much and then in morphs the ginger and that tames this beast down just a bit and then the whiffs of orange peak thru.

• 8 months later...

I checked out reviews for this during the sale, and once I saw ginger, dark patchouli and blood orange (my favorite fruit) I knew I had to try... and OH WOW. It's got a fizzy energy to it that I just love. The ginger is softened just enough by other notes to keep it from hurting my nose, but it pops. The sugar warms it and the citrus sparkles and the patchouli grounds, gives it the stability of earthiness without smelling earthy. This feels like the perfect mid-season scent, for spring going into summer and summer going into fall. I was at a horse show this weekend with a friend, and the weather was spectacular--mid-60s, clear blue sky with puffy strips of cloud, a strong breeze, and temperatures that made a sundress comfortable but had you reaching for a sweater when the sun went behind a cloud. This scent was a perfect match for that weather. Soft enough to feel luxurious and sensual, but strong and bracing enough to make you want to go out and do, instead of loll around and be. Elegant enough for going out, casual enough for staying in. An all around winner. Heartfelt admiration and kudos to the creator.

• 2 years later...

Liz, it's high time you do another patchouli scent. Please??!

It's bloody well sleeting outside here in Michigan today, and so I decided to wear something decidedly warming and thick just now after a hot shower. I hadn't worn this one in quite some time, but I knew it was a heavy hitter and sounded worth a spin.

Let me just say this is niche quality stuff here. I know people on one of my other perfume forums who, if we're gonna call a spade a spade, are total snobs about perfume. All the things they post cost 100 dollars or more. Hey, I love that stuff too, I love all kinds of perfume, but some of these folks look down they're noses at any drugstore scent, indie oil, ect ect.

I think if you gave them Lizzy's Tizzy and told them it was a Serge Lutens, they'd be singing its praises all across the board!

This feels very 'rich' to me, in that the notes are (must be!) naturally derived. I know that the civet is a synthetic, but it's a damn good one.

Don't judge it by its liquid state either. It's one of those 'tightly bound' perfumes that needs the heat of your skin to unfold. When it opens, it's a bit of an orange flavored molasses concoction. I'm not a fan of the opening honestly, but give it a minute, and the most sumptuous, leathery patchouli emerges, intense and yet mellow. There's light spice from the ginger, just a tickling sensation really, and it becomes one with the patch. I smell civet, and I adore it. Hours in and the civet becomes powdery, giving the whole thing a vintage vibe, along the lines of Tabu.

Also, I could swear there's more to this. My nose smells the distinct cola edge of frankincense and a bouquet of resins. Maybe it's just a very special patchouli doing this, but I think there's more.

Either way? This is a gem, an overlooked, underrated gem. It's loud, it's bossy, it's not for everyone. It's definitely for ME! It's godd@mn beautiful! Thanks Liz and Mara!

Edited by cheeseburger79