pheromone therapy

I am still new to pheromones. Really liking the mood elevation of LAM. But I have been noticing that my bad moods are maybe a little stronger when the LAM is wearing off most of the way through my day. A quick re-apply fixes this, but I'm wondering - Is this typical? Can one become dependant? Have pheromones ever been used as part of therapy?

Come to think of it, do they help with fertility? I know they can make you frisky, but I guess I mean body chemistry. Any studies on this?

Ail can speak to this from a expert POV, but the crankiness you're experiencing may be a "hangover" effect as sometimes pheromones (copulins don't count in this, I'm thinking so it would be the a-nol in your case) can deplete your neurotransmitters and therefore give you similar symptoms when you've overtaxed yourself by wearing too much, possibly.

From my amateur POV as a user, I'd say that one could possibly become psychologically dependent on pheromones, but I don't believe physical dependency is possible. I can't speak to the fertility issue, but I'm sure Ail could.

Ail can speak to this from a expert POV, but the crankiness you're experiencing may be a "hangover" effect as sometimes pheromones (copulins don't count in this, I'm thinking so it would be the a-nol in your case) can deplete your neurotransmitters and therefore give you similar symptoms when you've overtaxed yourself by wearing too much, possibly. From my amateur POV as a user, I'd say that one could possibly become psychologically dependent on pheromones, but I don't believe physical dependency is possible. I can't speak to the fertility issue, but I'm sure Ail could.

Okay, well I'll just dive in. I have mild depression and part of my treatment is to try to be aware of outside influences upon my mood. (The inside ones are another story. PMs blindsides me all the time.) Nearly everything that effects my mood also comes with a re-bound effect which has taught me to be wary. I guees I'm just wondering if others have experienced it with pheros. And I'm wondering if anyone has ever used pheros as part of therapy and what the benifit/risks might be.

Further, when I first sniffed any of the phero blends - I hated them. (In fact I still don't know what y'all are talking about with Tail & Happy Water having a 'watery' scent. I don't get any perfume smell at all from them.) But trusting those in the know who were saying that what men smell is entirely different, I kept trying. Each time I've tried LAM it has gotten a little better. Now I really dig LAM and BAM. It isn't that I've grown accustomed to the stink - they no longer stink. So something in me has changed beyond the persception. Which intriges me.

Do these things effect one's natural pheromone production? I should think they would.

Which is where I started wondering if it can effect fertility. Would exposure to certain pheros change one's own? Say if it were Alpha-Male, would we respond with deeper biological reactions than mere attraction? Would copulins make us produce more or less of our own? What happens inside the body?

Sorry, it is the biologist in me. I was surprised and amused when my belly dance teacher started every new student with a disclaimer. "Taking this class may result in pregnancy!" Many students with fertilty problems ended up blessed within the first year. Not sure if it was the increased flexibility allowing better angles or whether it loosened up constrictions in the equipment or if it was the definate increase of interest in sex - but a heck of a lot more fun than taking pills!

(No, I'm not trying to get pregnant. I'm just wildly curious about things.)

Well your inherent hormonal levels are going to dictate copulin production. The use of copulins will do what they do to a man (raise his testosterone production) but I've never read any studies which show usage of an analogue will increase production of the actual compound in a woman, but it will benefit women who no longer produce as much as previous, restoring the aura of reproductive viability and therefore attractiveness to a male.

Attraction can stimulate biological responses, certainly...that's fairly obvious. As to what ultimate reaction such activity leads to, it's hard to say; depends on what reportage you can find, reactions you yourself would observe (again, obvious). So what subfield are you in specifically? I have a friend who's a marine biologist in Australia, she has such an interesting job!

Edited by luna65

Hrm. Not much time to google this, but what I've gleened so far is "Yes, we think it does, but have little deep research on humans." Testosterone levels seem to increase. Estrogen levels may also increase. Pheros do seem to influence female fertility. This article hits the highlights without a lot of technical jargon.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/women/9906/25/sexuality.scent/

Regular sex seems to delay menopause. Regular exposure to the pheros may have the same result. Any volunteers for this experiment? ;)

Also mentions pheros might be useful for depression. I'll have to keep googling for research on this aspect.

Ah, frustrated biologist. Finances. Now I flip cards for a living. C'est le vie! :wub:

Hrm. Not much time to google this, but what I've gleened so far is "Yes, we think it does, but have little deep research on humans." Testosterone levels seem to increase. Estrogen levels may also increase. Pheros do seem to influence female fertility. This article hits the highlights without a lot of technical jargon.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/women/9906/25/sexuality.scent/

Regular sex seems to delay menopause. Regular exposure to the pheros may have the same result. Any volunteers for this experiment? ;)

Also mentions pheros might be useful for depression. I'll have to keep googling for research on this aspect.

Ah, frustrated biologist. Finances. Now I flip cards for a living. C'est le vie! :wub:

Yes I'll volunteer gladly. Don't research subjects get free product, mwhaha.

Yes I'll volunteer gladly. Don't research subjects get free product, mwhaha.

Me too! LOL

That was a real interesting article,if you find any other sites I would love to read them

Will do. Picking up little tidbits here and there. Like teenage boys have a horrid sense of smell as well as smelling horrid. They grow out of it, thankfully! :o