To Soothe A Broken Heart

sultry brunette

The mosses in this were a little heavy for me. The lavandar was also fairly dark (probably in combo with the mosses). I almost put it in the "trade" pile and thought I would try it on my husband before I did. I am sooo glad that I did. This smells fantastic on him. The mosses really sweetened up and the jasmine/lavendar were a nice addition, but definately not to floral. It has a soft lighter masculine feel.

His neck was still kissably yummy when we woke up this morning (7 hours later). This morning he looked at the label and started laughing. All he could say was "so, does this mean I am a rebound."

So after lunch I scrubbed off Round 1 and went for Round 2 - this was among them.

Ooooh - floral but not FLORAL. Something soft and sneakily sweet, clinging to my skin...why hello jasmine! A little lavender to prevent cloying. Teensy bit of musk to hint at cuddling skin, moss to hold it together and ... wait ... oh yummy faint green sugar cane. Each note is apparent without any single one taking over.

I really like this one. I may have found my new sleepytime scent.

I like lavender anything, sampling this one a bit later tonight, quite night at home, in bed, watching LOST, with my 'kittehs' (the 'monkey' is getting spayed tomorrow :frown: )

I like lavender anything, sampling this one a bit later tonight, quite night at home, in bed, watching LOST, with my 'kittehs' (the 'monkey' is getting spayed tomorrow :lol: )

Good luck to 'monkey'...am watching LOST with mine as well!

Okay, I've been wearing this for only a few minutes and I'm loving it, get the lavender, but get the jasmine too, nice ! 'the monkey' is even cuddling closer, awww.....da monkey. This one may become part of my 'bedtime alone' arsenal.

After lunch I applied this. My coworker and friend is really going through it today - not a romantically broken heart, but a maternally broken one. She was in my office talking through it, and noticed my perfume. I explained what it was and offered some. She took a deep sniff and said she felt like she needed some, so she put some on...we talked a bit longer, and she left with a smile on her face (a sad smile, but a smile).

LP's are a wonderful beautiful thing.

This was green sugar and lavender and hint of something mint like. Very soft and powdery floral. There is something in this that went a bit soapy on me but later the soapyness disappeared.

So after lunch I scrubbed off Round 1 and went for Round 2 - this was among them.

Ooooh - floral but not FLORAL. Something soft and sneakily sweet, clinging to my skin...why hello jasmine! A little lavender to prevent cloying. Teensy bit of musk to hint at cuddling skin, moss to hold it together and ... wait ... oh yummy faint green sugar cane. Each note is apparent without any single one taking over.

I really like this one. I may have found my new sleepytime scent.

You have nailed the description for this scent. I am not even going to go over the notes I smell cuz I'd just be repeating you without the eloquence :(

BUT I will add that this scent is wonderful. I actually thought that this would be on my trade list BUT wow! I think it is going on my most wanted list! I am totally going to have to stock up!

Ooh and SB I can totally see this scent on a man. I think that is why it is totally great for Soothing a broken heart. It reminds me of a yummy watery male scent that just makes you go ... ahhh :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

I think I am going to be wearing this all week as I need ot soothe my broken heart...

Ok this one has dried done a lot now and it is reminding me of egg. I thought I was going crazy so I decided to apply both egg and to soothe on. Well they do smell VERY VERY VERY similar. I would say sooth is egg with a tiny touch of lavendar and moss to it. Very odd... But both fabulous!

Edited by Curiouschic

while this a bit sweeter than what i usually wear (the sugarcane is REALLY amping on me), i am really loving this scent and finding it very calming and relaxing. i see this being a good sleep scent or one for a stressful day.

i get mostly lavendar, a touch of musk, and those yummy, comforting mosses round it all out nicely.

very pretty and soothing.

a lot of people are saying they see this as being unisex, but because of how the sweetness amps on me, i don't see my hubby wearing this one. i'm not getting anything masculine at all, actually. but that's just my whacky chemistry for you :D

i would agree with the comment that this is almost an aquatic.

I was feeling poorly last night, and I picked through my samples and came out with this one. It is a soothing scent for bedtime, at least for me.

And CC - you are not crazy - it does indeed have a drydown element that is EGG...confused me too. But a little less sweet on me.

Tried this one today and am absolutely loving it. I definitely see a full bottle in my future. I couldn't stop smelling myself (I know you all understand exactly what I mean when I say this).

It does have a somewhat masculine scent, I guess. Not girly florally, which doesn't work well on me at all. My skin doesn't eat this scent either.

I think it really lived up to its name as well. My day started off really, REALLY bad but this scent seemed to help smooth over the edges of my hurt. I think a bottle of this, maybe with Treasured Hearts would be fantastic!

Edited by SWBookworm

I got it with treasured hearts!! love it!!!

Do you think TH affected the overall scent at all?? It does seem to be the perfect synergy.

I don't think it did a bit!

Very cool. Because I'm totally in love with the scent but would like to ramp it up a bit.

• 1 month later...

I haven't tried this yet but sniffing it from the bottle my first thought was how lovely this would be spritzed on crisp clean bedsheets before climbing in and going to sleep. This was before I read this thread or noticed that the description recommended it for a bedtime fragrance. Very nice!

• 3 months later...

As the fog in my mind is clearing I remembered the funniest thing.

I was going into surgery and had a rotten night before, so I slathered in To Soothe a Broken Heart, everywhere they would not be sticking me. I did this for myself, for the soothing and protection properties.

Well as they are wheeling me into surgery, the Anesthesia Dr. comes up to intro himself. He is gorgeous...

He proceeds to "fawn" (sorry but it fit) all over me...commenting on my tan, toe polish, tattoos. Touching each body part & commenting. I was kinda freaked out & flatter @ the same time..lol...Alas, they knocked me out, & I never saw him again...

But I am getting a good laugh remembering, his femal colleges were giving him the evil eye the whole time...LOL

I like TO SOOTHE A BROKEN HEART for it's light and calming aroma. I have on a couple of day's come home from work and applied this before going to bed. I would love to have my sheets slathered in this scent. Works for me003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.com].gif

I wore this to bed last night.....I am burning thru this bottle during my recovery from surgery. It makes me feel...better, such a self-nurturing scent.

My dreams were of guys wanting to touch me....hold my hand, waist, just touch me...LOL..

It must be from my experience w/ the Hot Doc... :lovebuggy:

I think I better buy another bottle.... :wub:

I haven't tried this yet, could really use some right now!

Ivy I am gonna decant some for you and send it to you. It is fabulous and very comforting. I will check into my stash for my other comforting faves and send em your way. Take care girl!

• 4 months later...

I knew this would be soothing...I knew this would be relaxing...but sexy?! Yes! I seriously do think this stuff is dead sexy! Not sexy in a smutty way, and I love my smutty perfumes alright, but this has an altogether different sexiness, more of a shadowy sexiness is the best way I can describe it. I had to sniff a few times before I finally realized what it reminded me of--a feminine version of the Cool Water which I wrote a whole nostalgic bit about in Beccah's thread on scent "aha" moments. Cool Water Woman was so disappointing, and I was forever searching in vain for something with the same vibe but wearable for a woman. After 12 years, I've finally found a softer, more feminine version of the original that I can wear! Bravo Mara and Danna, you've unknowingly granted my wish! :666:

This is one that is always my go-to bottle when I want SOMETHING-got a bottle with EST and B-Nol and a bottle with H&S. I've also got it in yummy bath salts--it's a perfect book-in-tub scent. It blends well with OCCO blue also.

This is one that is always my go-to bottle when I want SOMETHING-got a bottle with EST and B-Nol and a bottle with H&S. I've also got it in yummy bath salts--it's a perfect book-in-tub scent. It blends well with OCCO blue also.

I LUZ TSBH....and so did one of the docs in the hospital last summer... :D

Im going to try it OCCO BLUE tonight!!! thnx SWBW

Edited by FAWN

I have this one. It is definitely a good bedtime scent. I recently was letting other women smell my collection. One of them commented that it was a little masculine. I hadn't gotten that. I can see it now, as lavender is defintely a unisex scent. Frank Sinatra used to use Yardly's lavender soap.

• 11 months later...

OMG THIS IS FRICKING GORGEOUS. Ladies with all respect and love, none of you did it justice :( Funny I didn't get any moss at all. It started out wet all bright minty lavender, then quickly settled into a powdery-sweet jasmine/lavender skin musk. It is simply fabulous. I just wish it stuck around a teeny bit longer... MUST MOISTURIZE....

ETA never mind, there it still is, being fabulously beautiful. I was sniffing the wrong side of my arm before.

Edited by tyvey

• 7 months later...

This is absolutely gorgeous in the vial. The oakmoss is so delicate and soft!

Unfortunately, To Soothe a Broken Heart doesn't work all that well with my chemistry - it quickly turns into a fairly masculine aquatic, and surprisingly for such a soft, sweet scent, it ends up being a little too sharp for me.

• 1 year later...

This stuff is magic, magic I tell you! I got a bottle in trades, and it's boosted with Est. I feel so relaxed with this on...and the scent is so SOOTHING, just like the name states. I need a hundred bottles of this! Wonder if Mara would ever rebrew this??

• 1 month later...