Sugar-Fried Bananas

mountainwitch

A Cuban inspired sweet treat! Ripe Bananas rolled in sugar, then fried in sweet butter until carmelized. Sprinkle with cinnamon on top, and YUM! This perfume will make you want to try that recipe yourself - delish! (Note: This blend contains cinnamon.)

How is it that nobody has added a topic for this one yet? This is probably my favorite "Sugared," with the exception of Sugared Pumpkin . . . And this says a lot, because usually things that are meant to smell or taste like bananas end up making me run the other direction.

This is not one of those times. For one thing, the fragrance is very definitely carmelized. It's sweet, but not too sweet, a faintly spicy and mouth-watering blend. It's perfectly compatible with several other fragrances, too, so it does make a good layering note--my samples were actually half-sized, and I carried one in my pocket for about a week to "touch up" other foody scents that had faded. Nice staying power on this one, too.

• 4 months later...

Have to add a review of this after spilling enough to know the scent well. LOL

Wet this smells to me like banana bread dough, not baked but gooey sweet bananas, milk, butter, vanilla & spice just before the dry ingredients are mixed in. The dry down is sweet and wonderful also, reminds me of the candy circus peanuts. Circus peanuts were a regular sweet at my house growing up so the scent association is great!

Circus Peanuts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I ordered this after seeing it repeatedly in the potion of the day post - wet it was sugary banannas, dry down the sugar smell deepened - light caramel and the bananna softened - i got almost a hint of a nutty flavor - the cinamon is there but hangs around in the back

Really nice scent - for children and adults - anything my finicky near 16yr old gives thumbs up to is definitely worth the bottle purchase

This is mostly cinnamon on me as it dries down, but heavily-sweetened cinnamon. Wet, it reminds me of Bananas Foster. Really, all I need say about how awesome this one is...NOM NOM NOM. I love wearing it to bed: alone, it's very comforting, and when I'm not alone...well, someone finds me very delicious! :w00t:

Edited by luna65

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I ordered this one because I was hoping it would remind me of Me, Jane, which is such a lovely sweet scent for summer.

Other than the fact the TAH in it is amazing, Me Jane has one of the best throw I have ever experienced with an LP perfume and my skin just seem to love it. It lasts and lasts forever.

Well, sugarfried bananas is like the little sister of Me, Jane. It is a very strong, almost too strong scent at first, but after a few minutes, it turns just marvelous. It's still sweet but less noticeably bananas and smells like brown sugar + incense a little bit. It becomes more powdery and really beautiful.

I am really surprised by this one and recommend it to those of you who like Me, Jane!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

The spices and sugar overpowered the banana after dry down although I was hoping it would stay longer. I could use this either under another scent or use it on it's one, depending on the weather.

• 2 weeks later...
A Cuban inspired sweet treat! Ripe Bananas rolled in sugar, then fried in sweet butter until carmelized. Sprinkle with cinnamon on top, and YUM! This perfume will make you want to try that recipe yourself - delish! (Note: This blend contains cinnamon.)

What are the notes in it?

I don't understand what else you are asking ?

I want to make a PE like this someday soon..

Before you do that you may want to try The World, as it is similar to this one.

I don't understand what else you are asking ?

Oh I meant like for the notes was it,white sugar or brown sugar ?

the "World" smells like this?..Oh Thanks luna for the suggestion! I will for sure try it.:Hug_emoticon:

Oh I meant like for the notes was it,white sugar or brown sugar ?

Hmmm,I would think it would be brown sugar because of "carmelized" <?> but ohhh yeah The World does sound good huh,I am going to try it myself ! :Hug_emoticon:

"candy for the nose," a delicious cake batter-like scent rich with the delights of banana, vanilla and benzoin, sweetened further by maple and a shot of rum. Happiness is assured when The World is yours to enjoy. "