OCCO - Please review ALL "flavors" in THIS thread

I'll say your smelling a lot of cops because your wearing an Occo with BI. I think that's a waste, cop overload! Someone else might want to chime in here but I think your totally wasting your money. If say, you were doing a phero like SS4W and adding a dose of OCCo fine but BI has a lot of cops.. humm I'm interested to hear what someone else says.

As far as mixing on top of each other I don't think it matters as long as you do your dry down ect. I'd say you smell a lot of cops is because your wearing a whole lot if cops.

I only put the OCCO white above my cleavage,maybe an inch,thats all.

I didnt think that would be too much too add.

I think I need to get NOCO in oil to use instead of OCCO White.

I only smell it when I put my head down,so I think its the OCCO White above my cleavage.

Edited by heather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I need to get NOCO in oil to use instead of OCCO White.

Yes if you're only really wearing it for the scent in the case of pairing it with a cops-heavy blend, and since you've said White is the only fragrance you can wear anyway, I think you'll probably want to have a few bottles of NoCo on hand. Wearing OCCO when you really don't need it is a waste of money.

I agree. If you are pairing it with BI, is the BI unscented? What are you covering the BI with? Did you only apply the BI in the same area as the OCCO? I agree though that using both BI and OCCO is a waste....

Edited by Dolly

I agree. If you are pairing it with BI, is the BI unscented? What are you covering the BI with? Did you only apply the BI in the same area as the OCCO? I agree though that using both BI and OCCO is a waste....

I was just using the OCCO White to add some vanilla scent to my chest area.

When you sweat can it make the cops smell come back?

The vanilla scent doesnt last too long on my skin , Its been very humid here lately.

My BI scented with NOCO and OCCO are almost empty so I apply the BI to my wrists and top of my breasts.

Then I use my wrists to smooth the oils around.

I was just using the OCCO White to add some vanilla scent to my chest area.

When you sweat can it make the cops smell come back?

The vanilla scent doesnt last too long on my skin , Its been very humid here lately.

My BI scented with NOCO and OCCO are almost empty so I apply the BI to my wrists and top of my breasts.

Then I use my wrists to smooth the oils around.

Get some more NOCO white with no pheros added and use that as a cover.

OHMYGOSH! I'm in lust with OCCO Gold Shield! I had the feeling I would be - Right up there with Sugared Honeycomb - OH DROOL! :smiley-sex023: I don't know what it is about those honey scents but it makes me want to find a slick surface on the floor, poor out the bottle and roll around in it while laughing like a mad woman (which I indeed would be if I did such a thing....) No joke people. No cops smell either. Perfectly hidden. You know what may be next? I adore UNE, I may need to pick up Pherogirl. This OCCO Gold is crazy delectable!

The OCCO Blue Shield - I think I was expecting a noticeable floral but it's actually light, almost sheer, on me. I smell the cops wet in the bottle - but only barely - and I doubt anyone who didn't know what they are would recognize them or think the scent was "off" in some way. I think I was maybe expecting something more Cuddle Bunny - and it is reminiscent of it - but on me it's much lighter and airy. Does anyone else find this to be so between the scented CB and OCCO Blue? As for me, I'm QUITE liking it! :^^:

OCCO Blue is - in its construction - scented Cuddle Bunny meets UN. But I agree, and NoCo Blue is even more sheer than the OCCO version, the cops give it more of a weight, fragrance-wise.

I'm dragging out some OCCO blue today. Haven't worn that in almost a year. I'm pairing it w/ sneaky clean. My question: Since I amp this sort of floral OCCO blue like mad I only put a dot on writsts and cleavage vs. a strip. Will the cops still be perceptible?

I would think so, I guess it depends on what kind of reaction you want to get from yourself/other people. I know I don't have to wear a lot of cops to make myself feel nice, but probably more to get the attention of others.

Most often I only put 2 dabs in my cleavage and a dab between the wrists or one for ea wrist depending on the occasion. I get plenty of selifies from that and I believe I've had hits too. :)

I have gotten complements about the scent in close quarters.

Hmm need to try NoCo Blue someday :)

Edited by StacyK

If I'm wearing cops for myself, I do a dab in cleavage, and a tiny X on each wrist & smoosh.

If I'm wearing it for BF, I make a small :) on my chest, and lately I put a dab on my tummy, and one at the tops of my thighs. Works GREAT!

OCCO Blue is - in its construction - scented Cuddle Bunny meets UN. But I agree, and NoCo Blue is even more sheer than the OCCO version, the cops give it more of a weight, fragrance-wise.

It's funny I just don't get floral with OB. I get a blue powdered slightly moist tobacco that has an almost blue musk element. I think that may be the floral but it does not play floral on me. I love it

Blue is intended to seem like a lightly scented unscented CB you mean? (I hope that made sense...) Along the lines of how LAM! & BAM! are lightly scented rather than intended to be a fully fragranced perfume?

Yes, I find this to be a simpler, sheer, less feminine version of scented Cuddle Bunny.

I like that it's lighter/more sheer quite a bit. I still like scented CB but the OCCO Blue Shield is definitely distinguishably different to me. (now THAT was a mouthful wasn't it?lol)

Blue is intended to seem like a lightly scented unscented CB you mean? (I hope that made sense...)

Sort of, more of a mix of some notes from Cuddle Bunny and some notes from UN. It's lighter, I think, because it's so powdery.

It's funny I just don't get floral with OB. I get a blue powdered slightly moist tobacco that has an almost blue musk element. I think that may be the floral but it does not play floral on me. I love it

That's how it is on me too. I don't know that it actually has any floral in it, except perhaps that one of the "blue" notes might have a floral element.

Me too...exactly. I honestly don't get much of a Cuddle Bunny vibe from it for some reason. I love them both though.

Sort of, more of a mix of some notes from Cuddle Bunny and some notes from UN. It's lighter, I think, because it's so powdery.

:huh: Oh! I think I misunderstood from the start...you didn't UN as in the unscented CB, but as in the fragrance UN? (Un for men? or UNE for women?) Like flowers and honey?

I thought that was what she meant...but never having smelled UN I wasn't sure...

Hehehe...I have both Un for men and UNE for women...and I LIKE them both too....was just wondering which bottles to go snarf around...:)

YAY! As soon as I get home I know hat I'll be doing...reminding myself of how good UN smells!

Thank You Luna! :heart708:

I am slowly trying all the OCCOs. I could kick myself for not getting a sampler from the get go. I just tried Red and it's to die for!! Very similar to LP Red, but not creamy, sheer and simpler. I really, really, really like it! Having only tried three, I don't think I can say yet that it's my favorite, but...

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried OCCO Green, it's like ka-pow! Spring has sprung, daffodils and jonquils are here and they are taking no prisoners. Very green without being watery, mossy or earthy. Scent stayed consistently strong on my skin, also blended well with a commercial sweet floral, adding a nice fresh-cut stem note.

Edited by perfumesniffer

I only have White right now but am receiving Blue, Black, Pink, and Red in the mail soon (maybe even today). I am actually more fond of BBMM over OCCO White, which I thought would be the opposite. With OCCO White, I can still smell the cops for a loooong time. Even after it dries down, there is a slight funk like cream-cheese-tangyness too the end-note. I still wear it on occasion but usally hide it under clothing, which makes my clothing smell like feet later too. Oh well, can't win them all.

Edited by PhoenixOnFyre

I'm with you both on OCCO White. I love layering that and BBM with other things but I can't wear them alone. They add a nice sparkle to other scents though so I love them for being able to expand my collection by changing up the scents a bit. I need to try OCCO Blue one of these days. Hoping to just try a sample first though just to check and see.

OCCO Red I think you will enjoy Phoenix. I adore LP Red and for me, OCCO Red is almost identical aside from a sparkling bit of brightness from the apricot. I was afraid it would change it but it doesn't. It makes it even a little better. OCCO Black I actually like more than LP Black!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts when they come in!!

RED: How have I NOT had this in my arsenal all this time??? I ordered a sampler set waaay back when I first discovered LP and vaguely remember the red smelling sort of flat to me. I'm not sure WHAT was up with me b/c I now have a bottle from a trade and I just LOVE it! For me it's subtle, so once the cops dry down it's like a fainter version of LP red for me. Which is a GOOD thing. This way I can layer it with OCCO black, LP red, or soften out my Sex and Violins when I want a creamier vibe from it. I smell mainly cinnamon in this. It reminds me of the simplicity of my NOCO brown sugar (another indispensable blend) but more in the resin family than in the sugar family. Glad I tried it again

Storemy- I have actually heard from people about layering LP Red and OCCO Red, sounds like a plan. I will probably end up doing the same with the Blacks (LP and OCCO). They came in yesterday, so I will be reviewing soon.

I finally have an official OCCO in my arsenal--red!

Storemy and the many other forumites are right when they say that it's a simpler LP Red. It does have that sparkly topnote from the apricot, but no longer has that smoldering, burning scent from LP Red that I love. Yumm yumm, absolutely indispensible.

I also have another phero scented with noco black, which smells like a low-calorie version of LP Black; dark and muted, with a demure sweetness. Not at all fatty and sugary like LP Black.

None of the OCCO/NoCo scents are really meant to be just like the LP line - OCCO/NoCo Black is actually based on the original version of Ann's Sugared Black Amber. They're simple and sourced from ingredients which are readily available so that Mara can continue to offer them as a permanent part of the line.

I don't know how well Blue woutd go with the Pinks just because of the dense sweetness they both possess, I tend to think either would overwhelm the sheer powdery aspect of Blue. But LP Black and LP Pink is a good combo.

I like the powdery feel of Blue , and the sweetness of Pink , but yes , the outcome might be questionable . I also might have wondered about this because to me , Blue wreaks of cops for a long time , while Pink hides them perfectly.

Edited by fluffygirl12

Storemy- I have actually heard from people about layering LP Red and OCCO Red, sounds like a plan. I will probably end up doing the same with the Blacks (LP and OCCO). They came in yesterday, so I will be reviewing soon.

I finally have an official OCCO in my arsenal--red!

Storemy and the many other forumites are right when they say that it's a simpler LP Red. It does have that sparkly topnote from the apricot, but no longer has that smoldering, burning scent from LP Red that I love. Yumm yumm, absolutely indispensible.

I also have another phero scented with noco black, which smells like a low-calorie version of LP Black; dark and muted, with a demure sweetness. Not at all fatty and sugary like LP Black.

Oh yay! I hope you both enjoy the OCCOs!! LP Red and OCCO Red are great together as are the other color coordinated versions. Great for layering with other scents too! I like the OCCOs solo for times when I don't want quite the incense or resiny amp that my skin does with LP Red/Black. They both strike me as a bit little brighter and easier if I want to wear to work.

I didn't know the origins of OCCO Black as related to Ann's Sugared Black Amber - one that I always considered trying!! Sounds like I would have liked it well. :D

Can't wait to hear your reviews. :D

None of the OCCO/NoCo scents are really meant to be just like the LP line - OCCO/NoCo Black is actually based on the original version of Ann's Sugared Black Amber. They're simple and sourced from ingredients which are readily available so that Mara can continue to offer them as a permanent part of the line.

I don't know how well Blue woutd go with the Pinks just because of the dense sweetness they both possess, I tend to think either would overwhelm the sheer powdery aspect of Blue. But LP Black and LP Pink is a good combo.

Ha! I just said that about LP black & Pink on the Black thread. :)

I don't think ( or smell) LP Black and OCCo Black are alike at all. Which surprised me a bit when I first tried OB.

Wow I Love Ann's BSBA! That makes sense, though I never smelled the 1st issue.

I finally, FINALLY was able to try a sniffie of OCCO Blue. Ms. Rose Blackthorn was kind enough to share a sample of her lovely Dirty Sexy with me and also sent this along with it. I had been putting off trying OCCO Blue because I just wasn't quite sure whether I would like it but as soon as I opened it, my eyes shot open. Holy cow! It's so good!!! Ok, it is now official, I love the OCCOs.

So, one question: has anyone tried the NOCO version? Unlike OCCO Red/Black/mostly White, this one I can definitely smell the cops in as it dries down. Does the NOCO smell the same or do the cops change the dynamic a lot? I definitely see FB of this in the future, but I'd love to have a virgin bottle for when I don't have time to dry down properly.

Took Blue for a run today and layered with A Lick of Cream.

I'm looking at the notes: Oak Moss, Pipe Tobacco, Powdered, White, Maple and "Blue" Sugars.

I'm not sure what oak moss smells like but when I first apply, besides the cops smell - which is very up front until a good 10 minute dry down - there is something - eh - pointy?

Layered with the Lick of Cream it became delicious sweet sugary goodness. I don't know what "blue" sugars are either??? And I don't think I got the tobacco at all. I think I will have to wear this a few more times to pick out the nuances. It's a bit sharp when I first apply, like some florals can be - is that the oak moss? I'm still deciding about this one, lol, but I was VERY surprised that the cops were so noticeable to me as the other OCCOs mask them to my nose very well :)

I was not going to actually layer the LOC directly over the OCCO, but after an hour that sharpness needed some taming so on went the LOC. I will spin it again solo in a few more days as the red tide may be affecting it? I'm off to go look up more info about oak moss! :Emoticons04280:

I'm glad, but I'm not glad that it's not just me, NuTrix. Out of all the OCCOs I've tried so far, this is the one I smell the cops in. I would have thought it would be the White but that covered almost entire. Red and Black couldn't smell it at all. I didn't get tobacco either. It just seemed vaguely watery, clean and so pretty.

LOC complimented Blue well in that it wasn't overpowering the Blue completely but took out whatever it was that was causing that pointiness for me. There's nothing to be done for the first 5-10 minutes of funk though :lol:

BUT my husband noticed the cops in Pink and I don't so maybe it's my nose? The crazy thing is - I don't get it sniffing the bottle - the funk I mean. In the bottle it isn't there, only upon application :blink:

Now I'm going through my list of scents looking for other thing to compliment Blue and tone down the pointedness without overpowering the scent because it IS very pretty!. I didn't know exactly what to expect but I DO like the lightness of it quite a bit - like you mentioned - there's something clean about it but not like shower clean...sheer and sugary light...