Lava Rain

Dolly

AD-LavaRain.jpg

Lava Rain

This potion for both sexes has been specially crafted to awaken and harness the volcanic power that lurks beneath your surface, stirring those molten passions in your blood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
SMOKE ~ Cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AQUATIC ACCORDS (WATER) ~ Cleansing, purifying, fertility, feminine energy, rejuvenation, rebirth, elemental magic.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, very nice unisex blend! Wet, I get smoky tobacco and amber, with a touch of patchouli and musk hiding in the back.....after drydown, the aquatic accords come out.....WOW.....it DOES absolutely smell like water.....not the seaweed-y type of aquatic scent, but just fresh, clean water.....that note remains at the forefront, like a sheer drape over top of the rest of the scent.....this is very interesting! I LIKE!!

I think this would be totally sexy on a man....I may slather my sweetie with it this weekend....hehe.....

Yeah, this could be a unisex one, but I don't see a super masculine guy wearing it, on me it's more metrosexual...

I don't get any tobacco at all. When first applied it's a lovely citrusy fresh scent & do I get some amber in the background, possibly a touch of patchouli, but not enough to make it a dark scent.

After a while there's an aquatic accord that comes in and the citrus mellows, but the two don't stay after complete dry down. After an hour or two it's a soft amber & patchouli scent. Very nice :Hug_emoticon:

Yesterday I tried this out, along with several others, while at work. However, when I got home, after training, I cleaned up and slathered Lava Rain on by itself.

Wow. This one I can't tell exactly what I am smelling, but I find it very sexy. Firstly is just a hint of citrusy tobacco. Not overwhelming, but clear. Then as it settles, I think a soft amber note, and the spiciness of patchouli. But in the background is ... is that a watery note? ... I can't tell but it keeps me huffing my arm. I really very much like this one.

And so do my horses...hahaha....my mare is a choosy one - she likes MX135, Sugared Honeycomb, and she followed me around huffing my arms last night, so she is definitely a Lava Rain fan.

Right, I seem to have lost my sample on the man-toy........he loves it and I love it on him.

It smells warm, sweet and sexy on him, yet the aquatic accord give it a nice freshness too......Might have to order him some more....

OMG I LOVE THIS! *squees, jumps up and down*

I was really scared of the water (I know, I know, it doesn't make any damn sense) but it's a clean almost metallic tang underneath the other elements, like being near water as it permeates the atmosphere, but without the ozone sharpness many aquatic accords tend to have. All the rest of it is gorgeous smoky slightly sweet deep deep deep notes that just adore me and make me purr. Q will probably say this is too sweet for him to wear but damn it he's getting dabbed and that's all there is to it! :Dancing_Grapefruit:

Hey Pony, what did the DH think of the custom????

DH loves it, and it is absolutely gorgeous on him! Just melds perfectly with his chemistry. I wore it too, but it is merely nice on me, while it is **RAWR** on him (well, more like **puuurrrrr** as it's a peaceful sort of scent). So far he's worn it once during the day and several times in the evening. Mil gracias!

DH loves it, and it is absolutely gorgeous on him! Just melds perfectly with his chemistry. I wore it too, but it is merely nice on me, while it is **RAWR** on him (well, more like **puuurrrrr** as it's a peaceful sort of scent). So far he's worn it once during the day and several times in the evening. Mil gracias!

Oh, goody. :arf: Was getting worried about that!

• 4 weeks later...

This is a very sensuous scent that has a hint of dirty. That comes from the tobacco, I think. It is not overpowering, like I thought that it would be. The word I think of when I smell it is seductive. The musk is soft, mild and sexy. The water notes leave it smelling slightly wet even after dry down. The resins are softer than I expected. It is very nice and sensuous. Not at all overpowering.

• 2 months later...

I was initially skeptical because patchouli was one of the first ingredients listed and I don't want anything too patchouli, but I was lucky Starlite (waves from NJ!) sent me a sample and whoa, baby, this is sexxxay. Total hotness! Rich sweet resins and spice with a hint of aquatics and a musky undertone; I don't get patchouli at all; it probably just contributes a hint of earthiness. M&D really know how to blend that stuff well and in just the right proportion so it doesn't overpower. Plus, my middle name is Rayne (though that means "queen" and not actual rain but whatever) so that makes it even more appropriate. Full bottle list!!! :D

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I got a sample of this with my pendragon order.

I don't really know how to describe the scent... as with most scents, but I'm not a very big fan of it. It has a smoky, spicy, sweet smell to it. I'm not too familiar with what an aquatic smell should smell like, but I don't pick that up... well for me, I have a bad sense of smell so I don't think that helps. I can definitely feel the "lava" in this mix though, I just don't think it fits me. It has a very I guess, bold, strong smell. I think its a very unique and noticeable smell.

• 1 year later...

I got this sample for my forum freebie this month & I like it. It ends up a sweet tobacco scent on me, & it has a similar feel to Unisexy, but lighter & fresher.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Reading through the notes in this I thought this would never work for me - musk, amber, patchouli woodsmoke - none of these are my friends. But this isn't bad. It's like a sweet musk. I feel that it would be super sexy on a guy, I really must try it as soon as I can find one...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm with Beccah: this is sweet tobacco. I was trying to decide which of my freebie samples to make into my next hair mist and this won the lottery. I wanted a summery theme, but didn't want the usual coconut or fruity stuff. So this seemed kind of a Pele / Hawaiian / perfect for summer idea. And I was right, it's great for an unexpected end-of-summer scent.

• 11 months later...

I got this in a sniffie. HOLYCRAP. I'm LOVING THIS. I found out with Spontaneous Combustion and Tease that I m a FAN of smoke. I also seem to like tobacco. This is also sweet though, yet clean, yet smoky and light...CRAZY, but definitely in the best possible way...

Will the need for full bottles never end!

:A002:

• 1 month later...

Got my full bottle....

Testing this one. This went on strange so I had to look at the notes again. I'm thinking it's got to be the water accords/patch/smoke combo? It's strange and unusual to my nose. It reminds me of something that I can't quite put my finger on. It's partly the choice of smoke in combination with the water....is IS like what is smells like when you through water on a hot fire...in a bottle. I don't know what rain on lava would smell like, lol, but this has got to be something close! I'm actually thinking this might be better used in my oil warmer to permeate the house and create a cleansing environment rather than just for wearing. Hmm. I'll have to ponder that idea some more....I'm not really getting "sweet" this time...my skin seems to be "smokin'" today lol. Chemistry - go figure.

• 1 month later...

I hadn't read the notes in Lava Rain and thought it was going to be very spicy and dark and I was so pleasantly surprised to find this being the exact opposite. It is watery/aquatic and clean smelling. I think it would smell amaaaazing on a guy but it's very unisex. The tobacco makes this lovely. It's not overly smokey. This is a great fresh scent.

• 1 year later...

Got a bottle of this one with my last order. I never would have gone for it myself- I would have guessed it to be too heavy and molten, but I'm loving it.

It's such an intriguing scent, and so beautifully captures certain natural elements that it actually feels like there's a secret landscape trapped inside my bottle.

I can smell the aquatic element right from the start. It smells very similar to the scent of rain when it first hits the ground in an evening storm- clean, fresh and ozone-like. It's the scent of air and water inextricably combined. But it's also grounded by a smoky earthiness that sits beneath it. This part of the scent isn't hot or fire-like to me, but like the scent of stone and earth cooled and steaming at the touch of the rain. There's something very clean about it. After a couple of minutes it retains its natural world aura, but it also gains a clean, calm note that makes me feel like I've just bathed under a waterfall. There's nothing soapy there, but something that just starts to approach that kind of clean, softly sweet smelling scent.

I'm wondering what this would feel like paired with sugared smoke.

• 4 months later...

I love the smell of this one--sweet, smoky, with a cool rain feel underneath. It's such an interesting scent. I fell in love at first smell and bought a full bottle from the trade boards. Unfortunately, something in it (I think it's the smoke) gives me a headache and makes me feel a bit queasy if I wear it for too long. I pushed past it today and it stopped bothering me as much, but obviously it's not something I'd want to push past every day.

Also, it's quite a strong scent. A little goes a long way.

I really love the scent, so maybe I'll try next time using less and not putting it on my neck, so it doesn't waft up to my nose so easily.

• 3 years later...

Ooooh! 

I saved this for the last day in Hawaii with my man and kids, as we are going exploring in a underground lava tube in a huge lava field by the ocean, wearing headlamps and all. I have a small amount of common sense, which should prohibit me from going in a lava tube on an island with an active volcano, but WTH. Don't think today's my day to die. Plus, I smell way to amazing to die! Pele's gonna love me!

15 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Ooooh! 

I saved this for the last day in Hawaii with my man and kids, as we are going exploring in a underground lava tube in a huge lava field by the ocean, wearing headlamps and all. I have a small amount of common sense, which should prohibit me from going in a lava tube on an island with an active volcano, but WTH. Don't think today's my day to die. Plus, I smell way to amazing to die! Pele's gonna love me!

That sounds amazing - I love how you have matched different scents to different aspects of your journey.  Enjoy and please report back on the experience...

2 hours ago, Wolf Dreaming said:

That sounds amazing - I love how you have matched different scents to different aspects of your journey.  Enjoy and please report back on the experience...

1 hour ago, halo0073 said:

I agree! Such a cool way to decide on your perfumes during a vacation! I can’t wait to hear how it all went down when you get back Eastwood.

Thanks ladies! But it wasn't so much that I thought about it really, I just decided not to take any FB's since the humidity where I was last time caused the ruin of all my labels. I did wait to try spring samples though, which Mara did use a lot of tropical flowers, but mostly I just grabbed a ton of sniffles that seemed Hawaii appropriate and I just got lucky on Lava Rain. It's pretty powerful, so I have half a sniffle left, but just like so many others, I WANT MORE!!!

On 7/30/2013 at 9:36 PM, NuTrix said:

I got this in a sniffie. HOLYCRAP. I'm LOVING THIS. I found out with Spontaneous Combustion and Tease that I m a FAN of smoke. I also seem to like tobacco. This is also sweet though, yet clean, yet smoky and light...CRAZY, but definitely in the best possible way...

Will the need for full bottles never end!

:A002:

No. The need for FB's will NOT end.

11 hours ago, halo0073 said:

Well then maybe the Lava Rain chose you? Lol. Either way, intentional or not it’s all serendipitous which I love. ?

That's what I'll say if I end up with a full bottle when it arrives on my doorstep. "It chose me! Not the other way around."

• 1 month later...

Smoky, sexy tobacco musk on a bed of amber and patchouli, not words one thinks of when choosing an afternoon scent on a hot summer day but it soooo works! I smell the clean rain in there. Yum yum yum yum yum.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, oceanjewel said:

Not yet. All I have is the sniffie, and I'm using it sparingly.

Understandable. It doesn't last terribly long on my skin, OR it just becomes a part of me. Either way, I hope you find some! I think it's really special. I'm thinking maybe some ladies bought it for their men folk and maybe these men folk didn't use it and you'll get lucky eventually.

5 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

Understandable. It doesn't last terribly long on my skin, OR it just becomes a part of me. Either way, I hope you find some! I think it's really special. I'm thinking maybe some ladies bought it for their men folk and maybe these men folk didn't use it and you'll get lucky eventually.