Sand Witch

Dolly

AD-SandWitch.jpg

The Sand Witch

Let the bewitching combination of light tropical vanillas from the Tahitian and Bourbon Islands whisk you away to a deserted island, as they awaken yours and your lover's animal passions and have you both thrashing along the shoreline as the waves break beside you...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
TAHITIAN VANILLA, BOURBON VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
THAI GREEN COCONUT MILK ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
SWEET SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you love vanilla, you need this one! Vanilla and Coconut....smooth and sweet.....I get MAYBE a tiny hint of sandalwood, but mostly vanilla and coconut....perfect beach scent, for sure!

this might be gifted to sam :lol: he's a bigger fan of the fruity blends than i am.

this might be gifted to sam :lol: he's a bigger fan of the fruity blends than i am.

It's not fruity....vanilla and coconut.....with a hint of sandalwood.....

When I first tried this, it came out smelling medicinal. So I tried it a few more times and I must say the vanilla is very strong. The vanilla took on a foody frosting and some what boozy tone. I then realized that the scent may have to age a bit for better wearing on me. I could detect a bit of sandalwood and a tiny amount of coconut.

I'm not sure yet if I love this or just like it...I have to try it a few more times.

Initially it's a lovely vanilla & coconut scent, but on dry down the vanilla disappears and it's pretty much all coconut. It's definitively a beach/suntan oil scent on me. Very beachy :Hug_emoticon:

For me, this starts out in the vial with yummy vanilla, but upon application the coconut really comes to the fore but it's a watery fresh almost fruity coconut, really nice...it's the kind of aquatic I can live with, heh. So I get a nice beach/tropical evocation from that, although with very little vanilla. In the end the sandalwood is pretty much all I can smell, slightly sweet but more dry wood than anything...kind of like sunning at the beach for a while then digging up a piece of driftwood, if that makes any sense.

Lately I'm in the mood for a lovely bunch of coconuts... so this one has to be at least a sample... hopefully I'll way amp the coconut and the wood will tame it with a mellow warmth.

I've been thinking of requesting a creamy sugared coconut/sandalwood/musk. Maybe SW will be close to what I'm craving. The upcoming TT probably lost me with maple& brown sugar, but you never know, between the ladies brilliant blending and unpredictability of body chemistry, the Temptress could work a little coconutty spell as well... We'll see! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so I have tried this one properly on one arm...

I initially smelled a sample and immediately traded away...silly silly me....

I like this... I get lots of vanilla and yes lots of coconut and combined this is just yummy...I know that some of the reviews kinda referred to this as a beachy scent, but I can easily see this as a perfect scent on a chilly fall day, underneath a turtleneck, or even a cozy winter night in front of the fireplace... I am really liking this

also great layered with OCCO white and sugared french vanilla

I initially put this up on my trade, but it's coming off of there...as i will definitely use this one during the fall and winter

djac

Edited by djacquelynstew

I like this... I get lots of vanilla and yes lots of coconut and combined this is just yummy...I know that some of the reviews kinda referred to this as a beachy scent, but I can easily see this as a perfect scent on a chilly fall day, underneath a turtleneck, or even a cozy winter night in front of the fireplace... I am really liking this

djac

I agree it has a great kick to it, that transends the summer season...I love this one too!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree very much with Sultry. I get more vanilla-sandlewood on my skin with a lil bit of coconut. (Actually the coconut is coming out a bit more now...I've had it on about ten mins..)

It's very pretty, like a woody-Hawiaan Tropic Suntan oil. Perfect for summer or when you want to be reminded of it. It's very beachy-another 'memory scent' to me, but I couldn't pinpoint an exact memory-a conglomeration of many days camping and laying out on the beach near the Michigan woods.

I enjoy it immensely! Thank you ladies for the great perfume, and thank you Katz for puttin it up for trade! :lol:

edit-am I crazy or is there a drop of citrus or orange blossom in here too? Huh...I think a smell a twist of somethin like that...

I agree very much with Sultry. I get more vanilla-sandlewood on my skin with a lil bit of coconut. (Actually the coconut is coming out a bit more now...I've had it on about ten mins..)

It's very pretty, like a woody-Hawiaan Tropic Suntan oil. Perfect for summer or when you want to be reminded of it. It's very beachy-another 'memory scent' to me, but I couldn't pinpoint an exact memory-a conglomeration of many days camping and laying out on the beach near the Michigan woods.

I enjoy it immensely! Thank you ladies for the great perfume, and thank you Katz for puttin it up for trade! :lol:

edit-am I crazy or is there a drop of citrus or orange blossom in here too? Huh...I think a smell a twist of somethin like that...

I thought so too, a touch of floral something... You're berry welcome! I'm still searching for my 'ultimate beach scent'... :wink_sun:

• 6 months later...

Nice vanilla, coconut and sandalwood, with a touch of something nutty and delicious. Maybe that's the vanilla-coconut combo. Need a bottle!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Ooh, boozy vanilla! This strikes me more of drunken party on the beach rather than a day of sun. My nose must be filling in some blanks that aren't there because each time I've tested it I thought I smelled mint, but none is listed. This is a fun scent.

OK, had a sample vial of this one. Definitely not for me since I am not into "beachy" scents, but if you are, oh wow.. this one is definitely for you. I love the scent in the bottle, but all things tropical seem to not be in my script. Very nice, just not my thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Retested this as I am into vanilla scents lately. This turns out quite "perfumery", as if it's a floral-based vanilla. I didn't get much coconut and thus there wasn't any suntan lotion vibe in this.

This seems to take a long, long time deciding that it likes me. When I first put it on, I hardly get any vanilla at all, but a super-soapy sandalwood. I've never had sandalwood go soapy on me before! It's so strange, but that's exactly what it smells like. I'm not really keen on the scent until I've been wearing it for a few hours and it's mellowed considerably. I'm just not sure I'm into waiting that long. I'll give it a few more tries over the next little while, and see if our opinions of each other change at all. :)

• 4 weeks later...

... Nope. The Sand Witch and I still do not get on well together. A couple of days ago my mom asked if I had any sandalwood perfumes in my collection and I thought, "Why, yes I do!". So I gave The Sand Witch to her yesterday, and it smells wonderful on her. :) Happy happy!

I gave my sample to my sister Eggers!

There is some sandalwood I just cannot do, this type smells salty on me. You know those packages that come in shoes that have little balls of something in them? They look like salt packets and have hard little tiny rocks in them. Well if you ever eat one of those that is what this smells like to me. Salty and bitter. : (

YOU ARE FREAKING ME OUT. That is the exact description I gave Mara when we talked about it once: salty. I got total opposite of Molls: all salty sandalwood and no vanilla, no coconut. :'( As sandalwood-forward things go the most I can handle is Rosebud's vanilla maplewood (and that barely & only because of the equally prominent maple vanilla nom & the fact it's boosted with teddy) and Lynne's Journey of the Goddess where the chocolate keeps a firm controlling hand on the s'wood.

YOU ARE FREAKING ME OUT. That is the exact description I gave Mara when we talked about it once: salty. I got total opposite of Molls: all salty sandalwood and no vanilla, no coconut. :'( As sandalwood-forward things go the most I can handle is Rosebud's vanilla maplewood (and that barely & only because of the equally prominent maple vanilla nom & the fact it's boosted with teddy) and Lynne's Journey of the Goddess where the chocolate keeps a firm controlling hand on the s'wood.

LOL I do love the sandalwood in Sensual Harmony though...

I gave my sample to my sister Eggers!

There is some sandalwood I just cannot do, this type smells salty on me. You know those packages that come in shoes that have little balls of something in them? They look like salt packets and have hard little tiny rocks in them. Well if you ever eat one of those that is what this smells like to me. Salty and bitter. : (

WHAT! Aren't those packets poisonous??