Southern Gothic 2009

Rosebud

Has anyone tried this one yet?

I wasn't sure whether to get this one or not as I'm usually not a big fan of sandalwood, but I do love vanilla and patchouli... And for somre reason I just LOVE Sorceress, especially if layered with vanilla...

So I acted on impulse and ordered a bottle... Does anyone have any sniffies/samples/bottles that they can review?

I'm reserving judgement on this one, and letting it age a bit before I decide - but at first sniff (on *my* skin) it is mostly sweet/vanilla with very little patch/sandalwood. I'm not even sure I'm getting much berry (which reminds me I wanted to ask Sinister what kind of berry Creole might be similar to...). It's definitely not a *dark* scent on me.

I'm reserving judgement on this one, and letting it age a bit before I decide - but at first sniff (on *my* skin) it is mostly sweet/vanilla with very little patch/sandalwood. It's definitely not a *dark* scent on me.

Well that's good news for me at least ^_^

I hope it grows on you

I'm reserving judgement on this one, and letting it age a bit before I decide - but at first sniff (on *my* skin) it is mostly sweet/vanilla with very little patch/sandalwood. I'm not even sure I'm getting much berry (which reminds me I wanted to ask Sinister what kind of berry Creole might be similar to...). It's definitely not a *dark* scent on me.

CreoleBerry is a spicier berry, it is an accord based on a southern berry dessert. It will come up on you if your skin chemistry works with it. The amber in the base will add to the spiciness of it, and the bergamot/currant Top Note is a sparkler.

Everyone who got an advance preview of it went wild- it will age INCREDIBLY. The patchoulli paste in it is a blend that I did not have much of to work with- but it's awesome, and the mid has this fantastic magnolia EO from Louisiana that just blends into this so seamlessly!

I mean Southern Gothic TM is one of my cornerstones, if it was not something fabulous, I would have done another route- but I wanted to do something more gourmand-floral- exotic this year, I'm really pleased with it, I hope you will be too.

CreoleBerry is a spicier berry, it is an accord based on a southern berry dessert. It will come up on you if your skin chemistry works with it. The amber in the base will add to the spiciness of it, and the bergamot/currant Top Note is a sparkler.

Everyone who got an advance preview of it went wild- it will age INCREDIBLY. The patchoulli paste in it is a blend that I did not have much of to work with- but it's awesome, and the mid has this fantastic magnolia EO from Louisiana that just blends into this so seamlessly!

I mean Southern Gothic TM is one of my cornerstones, if it was not something fabulous, I would have done another route- but I wanted to do something more gourmand-floral- exotic this year, I'm really pleased with it, I hope you will be too.

Oh, for sho'... I'm absolutely willing to let it sit a spell... I *know* how much I'm in love with every other S.G. (Southern Gothic, that is) release - including the gorgeous S.G. 2000 I scored from Buster's sale! (Thank Buster again for me for digging into his fab stash...)

I'll re-test in a week or so, also figuring sometimes they don't work depending on where I am in my cycle. I've had scents go 'wonky' one week...and be prrr-rrrrr the next. ^_^

Hey Sinister, how long do ya reckon the prime ageing time on this would be?

And does it age before it's opened? Or only after I get it?

I'm lookin mighty forward to this one here...

Even if Naughty Jester says he didn't intend for it to be, the description of this has True Blood written all over it to me..

Edited by cheeseburger79

I got a chance to try this afternoon... Southern Gothic 09, very interesting, I mean real pretty and unusual. I would love to be able to describe it but Im not sure I could find the right words. Its pretty something in it reminds me of Tiffany perfume or Guess (the old version), super feminine and just different. I like this one alot.

Aging this is up to you it's awesome as is, but the ambers and paste may get more dimensional as time goes on.

Wow thanks, thats really cool, Im looking forward to sniffing out the changes!

out of my sampler pack, this and black candy are my faves...and this is gorgeous!

i get pretty much all the notes out of this...the spicey berry, the sparkly cardamon, the decadent patchouli paste, the wonderful amber, the gorgeous magnolia EO.

this is just lovely, exotic, sexy, and very unique.

i'm totally digging it but am going to let the rest age.

when i get my first paycheck of the school year, i totally want a bottle of this!

I love this. LOVE.

When I got my bottle, I could smell the patchouli *through the cap*, and boy did that get my attention (some of you are honey ho's, I'm a patchouli ho). It was such a beautiful patchouli my eyes just widened and I think I went "oooooh!".

On skin, it starts with a slightly tart, citrus-tinged berry note.

Now, usually I give scents with berries a wide berth because they turn loud and sharp on my skin, so I had my doubts at this point. But the berry is deep and very well behaved. I like it!

The berry mellows into a sweet floral/patchouli that's really hard to describe, but it reminds me a little of the drydown on Thierry Muglers "Angel", so if you like that, you might like Southern Gothic 2009.

It's slightly incensey, and stays pretty close to the skin. The patchouli is dry, rooty and wonderful.

I can't wait to see what happens to this when it ages.

I'm smitten. :lol:

I used up my sample almost 2 weeks ago, waiting for my full sz btl, hmmm......better order another one !

Is it really yummy Liz?

I LOVE IT ! and you know me...... I don't typically DO BERRY ANYTHING, but I finished a sample in record time for me (heh, I even "slathered" 27.gif), I'd say "yummy and SEXY !!!"

eta: KUDOS SG !!!

Edited by liz

(some of you are honey ho's, I'm a patchouli ho)

Me too...my favorite LP is still Sugared Patchouli, it makes my toes curl with joy. ;)

*edit*

:)

Have I mentioned white flowers hate me with a fiery floral passion (except occasionally gardenia)? The magnolia is having its' evil way with my chemistry and I'm freaking out...I am literally amping it beyond any other note. You know, though, I do get the Angel evocation as well...that must be how the patchouli is reacting on me.

Edited by luna65

This one surprised me...

I was expecting sandalwood & vanilla with a touch of fruit but I didn't get anything like that :(

I get a fruit explosion at first, then after an hour or so it's mellowed down to a patchouli and slightly floral scent with a touch of fruit...

I wasn't expecting to like this one. I have not been overwhelmed by the last two. However, this is FANTASTIC. The berry is perfectly tempered by the other dark and luscious ingredients. I have had this on for about 8 hours and I can still smell it. Not only can I still smell it, but it is still covering the SS4W phero that I put on under it.

It has a slightly sweet, slightly tangyness to the undertones of floral. The floral really is the undertone. I am going to purchase a bottle of this one!

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, if the New Southern Gothic sells out quick, its beacause Sinister called up the Vampires and told them that they're perfume was ready. So expect a lynchmob from the Louisiana Vamps at LEAST...

Haha-I kid you (sorta?)--I already explained how much the description of this scent reminded me of the show 'True Blood', based off the Charlaine Harris novels. The Sookie Stackhouse novels, which I highly reccomend reading, by the the way..

Now for the actual review: Southern Gothic 2009 is PERFECT from every angle. The blending is perfect-ALMOST linear-Yes, the spicy berry berry hits ya first, but only for a few minuites, then it weaves in seamlessly with the dark backdrop of that hand blended patchouli paste,sandlewood and and bergamot. The Vanilla is dark and there the entire time. It could even be worn by men with the right chemisrty!

This fragrance is DARK, RICH, and reminds me of some of my favorite fictional vamps.

I'm going back to True Blood for a sec-forgive me if you dont know the show--

This scent is too much for Pam or Sookie-Pam wears sweatsuits, Sookies -well-Sookie would do well with Southern Gothic 08 all Gardenia.-----I can even see my Boyfriend Eric(Northman-a Vampire Character) wearing '09. Or The Queen of Louisiana....

Amazing scent Danna. I love it! It's a dark, cloudy stormy day in Detroit today-I'm wearing Southern Gothic and I'm in LOVE with this blend-its everything I hoped it would be! Thanks.

Your fellow Horror Fiend,and Friend-Lori :great:

Im coming back to edit this hours later-No more berry now on my skin, its perfectly unisex-spicy,dark and sexy sweet. No Fearsome hippie patchouli-this is its own breed of patch and the vanilla is BLACK to my nose, absoulute perfection. I'm in heaven(or is it hell, SG? heh...WELL DONE!)

Edited by cheeseburger79

Alright, if the New Southern Gothic sells out quick, its beacause Sinister called up the Vampires and told them that they're perfume was ready. So expect a lynchmob from the Louisiana Vamps at LEAST...

Haha-I kid you (sorta?)--I already explained how much the description of this scent reminded me of the show 'True Blood', based off the Charlaine Harris novels. The Sookie Stackhouse novels, which I highly reccomend reading, by the the way..

Now for the actual review: Southern Gothic 2009 is PERFECT from every angle. The blending is perfect-ALMOST linear-Yes, the spicy berry berry hits ya first, but only for a few minuites, then it weaves in seamlessly with the dark backdrop of that hand blended patchouli paste,sandlewood and and bergamot. The Vanilla is dark and there the entire time. It could even be worn by men with the right chemisrty!

This fragrance is DARK, RICH, and reminds me of some of my favorite fictional vamps.

I'm going back to True Blood for a sec-forgive me if you dont know the show--

This scent is too much for Pam or Sookie-Pam wears sweatsuits, Sookies -well-Sookie would do well with Southern Gothic 08 all Gardenia.-----I can even see my Boyfriend Eric(Northman-a Vampire Character) wearing '09. Or The Queen of Louisiana....

Amazing scent Danna. I love it! It's a dark, cloudy stormy day in Detroit today-I'm wearing Southern Gothic and I'm in LOVE with this blend-its everything I hoped it would be! Thanks.

Your fellow Horror Fiend,and Friend-Lori :)

Im coming back to edit this hours later-No more berry now on my skin, its perfectly unisex-spicy,dark and sexy sweet. No Fearsome hippie patchouli-this is its own breed of patch and the vanilla is BLACK to my nose, absoulute perfection. I'm in heaven(or is it hell, SG? heh...WELL DONE!)

My fav books & show cheezie......now I have to go try my sample of this one again.....

BTW-thanks for the avi shout out....she is soooo sexy....

• 1 month later...

Deep, diabolical and downright gorgeous. First of all, there's no way I could pass up something that seemed evocative of Anne Rice's French Quarter vampires, and this definitely is. The dark, bloody berries get tinged with the tartness of bergamot, sexed up with sandalwood and are finally given that earthy and shadowy underlying hint of patchouli. Pure evil.

:019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

I didn't like Southern Gothic 2008 at ALL...Just didn't work with me. Southern Gothic 2009 knocked my socks off. I love love love it. I didn't get any of the floral really. I know there is something dark in there, but I just can't tell what it it.

Yeah, I had to pass that one up because I'm just not big into gardenias; they're fine as a background note, but as the one and only I don't think it would be for me. I've had plenty of sniffs of gardenia candles and was just never thrilled. I'm wearing 09 now and I also LOVE it because in a nutshell it's like berries gone goth--so sexy!

Edited by Invidiana

• 1 month later...

Almost threw up....Only 3 left. After my order only 2!

• 1 year later...

I love this! Mainly fruity and vanilla scent at the beginning and the sandalwood came up after the fruit move to backstage. Absolutely beautiful. Will make sure that I apply this at least half an hour before I leave my house.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

AD-SouthGoth09.jpg

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness.
CREOLE BERRIES ~ Healing, money attraction, protection.
PATCHOULI PASTE ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.
INDIAN SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism.
BERGAMOT ~ Relaxant, confidence builder, uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches.

:burning-heart: Oh my stars and garters this is so PRETTY! :burning-heart:

Why have I waited YEARS to try this??? She's been calling my name ever since I found LP, which is three years go right now. Southern Gothic 2009 is GORGEOUS. She goes on gorgeous, then gets MOAR gorgeous, then stays that way. She's soft-spoken, like a proper Southern Belle. She's also properly sexy like a good Southern Belle should be. I can sort of pick out the notes...sort of. What she does is BLEND. She's expensive perfume from somewhere...interesting. Let's say Paris. I enjoyed Paris. But this is Parisian perfume worn in the American south--southwest, really, 'cause it's on ME--and that gives it a whole 'nother kick of ambiance.

I AM IN LOVE.