Canary Faery

katz

Got mah wonderful LP Sale package yesterday, and today I'm testing out the Canary Faery...from the ingredients list I felt for sure this is one that would work well for me in the heat of the Southwest summers...and I think it does! It's got a bergamot-lemon top note that blends well with the mossy base, and allows it to stick around. I can smell the freshness of the bamboo-cucumber, with just a touch of green from the 'stems'. It's not Frog-y green, it's fresh as well and the overall feeling *is* uplifting. I slathered this one a bit (perhaps a bit more than I should have for office wear), thinking I'd have to to sniff it, but I don't need as much as I thought...it's got good throw.

I'm wishing I'd amp'd this one w/A-nol for the extra lift, but I am glad I got the bottle!

Edited by katz

Got mah wonderful LP Sale package yesterday, and today I'm testing out the Canary Faery...from the ingredients list I felt for sure this is one that would work well for me in the heat of the Southwest summers...and I think it does! It's got a bergamot-lemon top note that blends well with the mossy base, and allows it to stick around. I can smell the freshness of the bamboo-cucumber, with just a touch of green from the 'stems'. It's not Frog-y green, it's fresh as well and the overall feeling *is* uplifting. I slathered this one a bit (perhaps a bit more than I should have for office wear), thinking I'd have to to sniff it, but I don't need as much as I thought...it's got good throw.

I'm wishing I'd amp'd this one w/A-nol for the extra lift, but I am glad I got the bottle!

first thing i thought of when i read the description is that this would be perfect boosted with A-nol.

A-nol is happy-go-lucky, and lemony anything makes me feel that way.

you could always layer with it ^_^

this is bamboo and lemony goodness on me.

not usually the kind of scent i go for, but very green, refreshing, uplifting and lovely!

it's not too lemony and the bamboo and other green notes keep it nice and soft and fresh...but the citrus notes give you a nice "kick" that gives you a little lift and boost to our energy.

i can see myself wearing this one on dreary days when i'm really dragging my behind through it all!

• 2 weeks later...

Totally fresh and light and lovely! It's got a "floating" vibe to it like Elevation Potion does, like the notes themselves are sort of floating above my skin as opposed to melding with/sitting on it. It's not sharp or soapy, not sweet, just clean and pure and soft. This makes a great work fragrance, I think, both in scent and intent, and you could layer it with something else for a little vavoom if you so desired. This would actually be a nice one for a SWS add-in, I think.

*edit*

Anyone who liked Sun Catcher would enjoy this; I think this is what I wanted the other to be (no soapiness from the white musk).

Edited by luna65

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can definitely see how this is a definite must-have for green scent lovers, because it is beautifully done, just not for me. It's a yellow-green scent that's very much like fresh-squeezed lemon blending with sun-warmed fresh-cut grass. I knew I was never a fan of lemongrass, but still glad I got to try it out though.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This is my new "Relaxation Potion". It relaxes me, but uplifts me at the same time. It's kind of like sitting in the sun drinking tea.

Hey, lady! Ping me at my listed email (in profile) and youcanhas my bottle of Canary Faery...I'm happy knowing it'll go to someone who loves it!

• 1 month later...

I just ordered this! Sounds so lemony fresh, perfect for summer! I cannot wait to get it!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I got this yesterday...just put it on an hour ago...LOVE IT! I have it on one arm and on the other I am testing occo:purple. Seperately they are both good...The faery has a lovely lemony greeness to it. I think it will be perfect for work and will try it out tomorrow.

The occo.... was really weird at first, it smelled like vomit ...but that only lasted a few minutes now it smells super soapy--like a bubble bath where the soap makes your nose kinda tickle....

Sitting between the arms...I smell like lemon soap bubbles! LOL

• 7 months later...

OOOO.... When i first applied on my arm... it's ALL LEMON GRASS! Uh... :lol: WHICH totally woke me up! It's not a scent that i would normally go for... but i was patient and waited for awhile...

The scent very SLOWLY turned into a really pretty fragrance :P:) Subtle floral, sweet + musky? Everything blends very well :)

IT's another pretty fragrance! :):):001_tt2:

• 1 month later...

This is lovely! Canary Faery makes me feel so bright and new. UN Cougar came to my mind when I applied it this morning. Perhaps OW or PP will work well too.

The only thing is that this scent don't seem to last on me. In fact, my daughter couldn't smell it on me this morning half an hour into application.

• 5 months later...

I love this stuff, it really is cheery, and sunny. Just what I need in tthis damp and rotten UK greyness we call summer...ha ha. It's hard to describe, the freshness of bamboo (I normally hate bamboo) with a citrusyness and a hint of sweetness. I'm thinking of getting this amped with something...just nt decided what yet. Downside...boy does it make me sneeze at first, and I must love it because I want a bottle!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I smelled like a lemon bar. I liked the sound of the lemongrass bamboo and cucumber, thinking I would smell clean, refreshed and bright....and I smelled like syrupy baked goods :/ maybe I'd like it better with less of the sugars, it seems to be working out well for other folks though

All I got was lemon. When chemistry gives you lemons you make......? It's funny because when i think of sour things my mouth starts to water, like the sour Altoids they used to have. After a very long time the lemon dialed back so that the other notes could seep through, but big brother lemon was still watching over.

Since I've had this one for a good while now, I'm glad it's not sweet on me. I have sweet lemon scents (i.e. Lady Frost and Lorien's Skelly Tart) but this one I like because it's a lightweight upbeat fresh lemon scent which stays nicely blended throughout.

• 7 months later...

woah... I'm really learning to sample now. Skin chemistry really does make a huge difference. I love all the notes on paper, but when I put this on, it's a ZING lemon smell. Very very tart and sour, like fresh lemons concentrated to an eau de parfum potency. I'm so sad it never dials back and lets the greenery peek through.