JLN & The PROMISE ?

Wonder if anyone could review the Just a Little Naughty's & The Promise...

I read that one of the JLAN' is like OCCO Blue. I was wondering which one it was, & what the others are like...

Wonder if anyone could review the Just a Little Naughty's & The Promise...

I read that one of the JLAN' is like OCCO Blue. I was wondering which one it was, & what the others are like...

I have The promise,

I am not good at describing scents but I will do the best I can for ya...

Okay, like the JALN line, this one is delicate and light, but floral in the sense that it brings to mind a beautiful wedding day bouquet...smells like all these beautiful baby breath petals and dainty lilacs with maybe a few silky rose petals... it really is gorgeous, I do love it which is why it didn't get traded. And y'all know I am real selective/cautious when it comes to some florals. lol

when I wear this it reminds me of a promise that someone would give you to always love you and adore you and never ever leave you, it gives the feel of being cherished and wrapped up in someone's safe arms and protective heart...

this one is beautiful and filled with so many promises of (you insert the contents)...Mara and danna did a very nice job with this one, the scent captures the name and the label(picture) to a T.

I hope someone else will review as well, cause I am not the best for a description of a scent... I just know beautiful, which this could have very well been called.

fawn, I have sorta been watching your choices and reading your reviews of the ones you really like and I can tell you this would be up your alley lady

sorry, I can only say gorgeous, and If anyone puts a bottle on the trades before I finally purchase a backup, I may be the one to nab it.

be blessed - djac

Edited by djacquelynstew

No way. None of the JALN's are anything like OCCO Blue.

Jeannie (owner of JALN) has a very distinct style. She prefers non-foody, understated, smooth - a bit powdery, classy. That's what we make for her. Our usual "subtle as a wrecking ball" :001_302: approach is the opposite of what she goes for. I've got a handle on her style and can now anticipate if something is up her alley or not.

Trust me....OCCO Blue? No.

The "richest" of the bunch is Provocative Paradise. That one was "almost" too heavy and sweet for her taste, but I told her to trust me - wait and see, and it's been the most popular seller of the lot.

The only thing I can think of that may be somewhat relatable... You might find some resemblance to OCCO Purple, or Anita's Purple Puddle to JALN's Romance in Bloom. But again, Jeannie's perfume is waaaay more sleek and subtle...more whispery and refined.

-------------------------------------------

P.S. Beautiful description, Djac!!!!! That's exactly what Cindy was going for. :)

No way. None of the JALN's are anything like OCCO Blue.

Jeannie (owner of JALN) has a very distinct style. She prefers non-foody, understated, smooth - a bit powdery, classy. That's what we make for her. Our usual "subtle as a wrecking ball" :001_302: approach is the opposite of what she goes for. I've got a handle on her style and can now anticipate if something is up her alley or not.

Trust me....OCCO Blue? No.

The "richest" of the bunch is Provocative Paradise. That one was "almost" too heavy and sweet for her taste, but I told her to trust me - wait and see, and it's been the most popular seller of the lot.

The only thing I can think of that may be somewhat relatable... You might find some resemblance to OCCO Purple, or Anita's Purple Puddle to JALN's Romance in Bloom. But again, Jeannie's perfume is waaaay more sleek and subtle...more whispery and refined.

-------------------------------------------

P.S. Beautiful description, Djac!!!!! That's exactly what Cindy was going for. :)

Thanks Mara, thanks for chiming in, and yes, this one is smooth and classy...elegant and refined

this would be the perfect gift to gift a bride to be with...oh, I can see a bride wearing this on her wedding day and the groom after seeing her and being in the presence of her scent falls in love all over again and stands before God, family and friends and makes her this promise, and then every day after that, when she wears this and he gets a whiff of her scent, he is reminded of "The Promise" he made to her.

This would be the perfect gift to give to a special friend or a sister

This would make a perfect bubble bath scent

The perfect candle scent to light during a private/romantic party

This scent offers the promise of, well, so many things.

be blessed -djac

I have The promise,

I am not good at describing scents but I will do the best I can for ya...

fawn, I have sorta been watching your choices and reading your reviews of the ones you really like and I can tell you this would be up your alley lady

be blessed - djac

Thanks djac....I want to try this &Your Pink Orchid Berry & JLAN... :001_302:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay so this is under 'Bloomin Naughty' here I believe? In appreciation of the complimentary sniffee I received. I wanted to review this. This by far was my favorite of all the little samples I received. Dirty,Sweet,&Figgy was a close 2nd. This fragrance is so delicate, I couldn't @ first discern an individual element grabbed me. I just knew there was one note, just beyond the grasp of my nose. That I kept returning to sniff, & try to figure out. As a whole it is subtle & elegant. I finally gave up & read the description & now I know it's Lilac! This has to be the most understated, & elegant incarnation of Lilac I've ever smelled. Normally Lilac is loud, as a lilac lover, I'm okay w/ that. @ my aunt's former house there a lilac tree(bush?) right before the front entrance. I could smell it all the way to the beginning of the driveway(farmhouse). This Lilac smells like the breeze @ the beginning of that driveway. Subtle & mixed w/ the general sweetness of the night air. It would have to be more the night air in the springtime, after it first gets nice. Summer wouldn't fit the lightness & sweetness of this fragrance, would also be too green.

• 4 weeks later...
Okay so this is under 'Bloomin Naughty' here I believe?

Did you mean for 'Bloomin' Naughty' to be in this thread? Anyway, I was looking for reviews and almost started a thread asking about it then found your post here. This is calling to me now, but I think I may just be craving something Springtime because I'm sick of Winter. :D

Edited by Darbla

• 4 weeks later...

This is for The Promise:

Now this is a floral I will wear! I love white musk, and it blends with the light floral notes, hwich aren't overpowering at all, beautifully. Of course I'm a vanilla fiend and I amp it (and basically anything sweet) too, so I'm really liking the smooth and sweet vanilla and sugar here as well. The only thing I have left to figure out is what effect the pheros have on a guy...I think I'm feeling a self-effect of badly wanting to cuddle LOL

This is for The Promise:

Now this is a floral I will wear! I love white musk, and it blends with the light floral notes, hwich aren't overpowering at all, beautifully. Of course I'm a vanilla fiend and I amp it (and basically anything sweet) too, so I'm really liking the smooth and sweet vanilla and sugar here as well. The only thing I have left to figure out is what effect the pheros have on a guy...I think I'm feeling a self-effect of badly wanting to cuddle LOL

I second everything the elogent Invidiana said about the promise...I am wearing it now & loving it...my man is being very nice to me....we will see what developes...

Howdy! I agree with the other gals- The Promise is a LOVELY white floral, white musk, I peronally smell gardenia-magnolia(those two are so dang similar to me), just really a pre white gorgeous floral--a wedding bouquet fo' sho'

JALN--well theres three of em, but the standout to me is Romance In Bloom, probably because I'm a lilac FREAK! That one has pink, purple and white lilac, as well as white musk and glittery sugars. Its gorgeous. Sorta reminds me of a PE I did called sugared Twilight but without the honey..

Anywho-both are supremely beautiful scents and I highly reccomend each. The throw is very light on each one(as all the JALN's as well), but soft, snuggly and cuddlely....You should shoot for both, IMO.