Lolita's Kiss

mountainwitch

She’s just so innocent...or is she? Lolita’s Kiss™ is a fruity floral designed for women, based around the most feminine of flowers - the Orchid. This fragrance is both sweet and sassy - a complex blend of summertime ingredients including East Indian Papaya, and Peach infused Honey for a grown up *kiss* of nectar. Passion flowers and a touch of pure Sugar Cane leave men wanting more than just that first touch. Put on your Catholic school girl outfit, don your pigtails, and apply your best red lipstick - the fun is just beginning!

Maybe it's just my chemistry, but this one wasn't nearly as fruity as it sounded like it would be. There's something about the honey and sugar cane--I think "brown sugar" with this one, with a definite fruit-floral kick. It wears for hours, making it one of the most enduring and consistent perfumes I've tried, although I would give one warning--it does need a little time to dry. When I first put it on, Lolita's Kiss is HOO-BOY sweet and strong, and it needs a little time to "settle." After that, it's fabulous--and not so deadly sweet that I can't wear it to work, either.

Lolita's Kiss was one of the very first LPs I tried because that book just rocks my world. I loved the "sugar cane" note (That would be a great note to have on its own, too) and the brown sugar passion flower. But you're absolutely right about the fruits taking a backseat.

Patchouli and honey are too sexy/exotic on me. 9/10 I see those notes and run after many bad experiences in other lines. I had a Kama Sutra gift set once and this reminded me of the massage oil (sans cinnamon) combined with the honey dust. You know, a, Eastern bedroom scent.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These florals blend fantastically. The lily is very subtle. I enjoy the addition of the pecan and cinnamon.

For me, the passion flowers came out on top with very little fruit. It dries into a very sexy resinous honey with the faintest hint of floral in the background. I enjoy it. I layered it with Plenty - FANTASTIC.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Why Oh Why did I not give this one a chance before???? I just tried my sample for fun not really expecting anything and KABOOM!!!! The perfect spring scent! OMG this is SOOOO beautiful! I just bought what looks like the last bottle and amped it with Cougar. I really wish I had noticed this one sooner I would be hoarding BIGTIME!!!

I would LOVE that!! I will look at your wants and see if I can dig out something yummy for you!

Perfect. Just a warning - I am leaving early Sat for a week-long conference in DC. I won't be able to ship anything out until the 16th. As long as you are OK with that, I'll put you down for 1/2 of my bottle. :)

SB, how about trials of Jewel of the Regency, Soul Food and Sorcerer? Is three right for half a bottle? If so would you email me to let me know and include the names of the three so I will be sure not to forget? Thank you!!!

I will send you an e-mail tonight.

• 3 months later...

I cant believe I have never reviewed this one. It is sold out, but I think it hasnt got enough attention :)

It is floral and sweet. Very girly not an old lady floral at all :)

Very flirty.

When I first put it on it is VERY strong and a lil overpowering. BUT it settles down to a very nice scent. I love the creaminess of the vanilla in this scent.

This has Sweet pea in it, which really doesnt love my skin. But the other scents blend so nicely with it, that I can still get away with wearing this.

I feel like I smell very pretty, and I love it!

Ingredients with their magical meanings:

ORCHID ~ A strong symbol of love, enhances one's beauty.

TIGER LILY~ Enhances and amplifies femininity.

VANILLA ~ A potent aphrodisiac which inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, and insatiability.

SWEET PEA ~ Lasting pleasure, blissfulness, youthful attraction, friendship.

SUGAR ~ For inducing lust, and attracting love, luck, sweetness and riches.

PASSION FLOWER ~ Love, passion, friendship, peace.

PAPAYA ~ Love, protection, fertility.

PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage. Longevity, wishes granted.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; used to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover.

AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.

DIANTHUS ~ Strength, protection, healing.

PATCHOULI ~ A sensual atmospheric - sexually stimulating, induces lust.

APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck, happiness.

CARNATION ~ Power, physical stamina, energy, protection.

PECAN ~ Success, wealth, prosperity.

CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing.

The top list of ingredients is for Lolita's Kiss and the next list is for Vampire Bait. Vampire Bait could be a good substitution for Lolita's Kiss, as the concept of the frarance is similar too.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

• ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, psychic powers.

• PEONY ~ Protective, used for exorcisms. Happy life, happy marriage.
  • WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
  • ORANGE BLOSSOM ~ Strong "magnet" to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
  • CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and is a magical representation of blood.
  • HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
  • SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
  • LEMON GRASS ~ Lust, increases psychic powers.
  • LEMON VERBENA ~ Makes one attractive to the opposite sex, adds power to other ingredients.

• BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
  • SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
  • WHITE MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

I find lolita's kiss to be much more girly and flirty then vampire's bait. The notes that come to the forefront in LK are ones that are not in VB. I dont find the orchid is in your face in LK but the other scents blend with it nicely to make the pretty warm scent :D

EDIT: Initials read CB and I meant VB :Hug_emoticon:

Edited by Curiouschic

HUGE differences between the two... in both scent and intent.

Lolita's Kiss has a syrupy 'butterscotch' quality to it. It's personality is BRATTY...blatantly teasing. 'I'm sucking on this lollipop in just this particular kind of seductive way because I KNOW it is driving you crazy. And this is what my kisses will taste like if you manage to jump through all of my hoops and finally win a kiss from me'.

On the other hand, Vampire Bait is guileless. This is the scent of blossoming womanhood. THIS girl has no idea that she is sexy. She doesn't realize that the wind whipping through her hair leaves a distracting scent of wild flowers and greenery, captured, and wafting as she moves. She doesn't realize that when she speaks, when she breathes, you can smell the sugared fruit on her lips. She doesn't know that her burgeoning, undiscovered sexuality emanates from her in the form of innocent white musk and sweet spring honey.

Truly - these 'girls' might be in the same age group, but they couldn't be more different.

:wink2:

• 7 months later...