Vain

Poenari

AD_Vain.jpg

Vain

A Vanity Potion? Well, not quite, let’s call it a potion of self-love. A potion for getting what you want because you deserve it. Because you love yourself enough to expect the very best, and expect success.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
DRAGON’S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients, love, protection, exorcism, potency.
EGYPTIAN MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
INDIAN CHAI SPICES ~ Lust, love, invigoration.
BENZOIN ~ Purification, attract prosperity, all attraction, base for many incense blends, astral projection.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't find a review of Vain, and from the description, it sounds right up my alley. The description includes "Warm and spicy Dragon's Blood essential oils, with complimentary notes of Egyptian Musk, Indian Chai Spices and Benzoin."

So... anyone tried it? I will probably take a chance and order a bottle, but I'd love to hear your reviews!

I can't find a review of Vain, and from the description, it sounds right up my alley. The description includes "Warm and spicy Dragon's Blood essential oils, with complimentary notes of Egyptian Musk, Indian Chai Spices and Benzoin."

So... anyone tried it? I will probably take a chance and order a bottle, but I'd love to hear your reviews!

I tried this one, for the second time, today. I was going to post a review tomorrow, but it seems synchonicity has struck so I shall post it tonight. This reminds me a LOT of Sabra's Secret, which isn't suprising because both feature Dragon's Blood quite strongly - however, although the are in the same family there are distinct differences.

Sabra's Secret is a very smooth, highly complex, very heavy and rich perfume. Vain is also complex but in a different way, it also has the rich sexy, smoothness of Dragon's but it is a little sassier, sharper and almost "younger" side to it than Sabra's does. Sabra's is more resinous Vain has a spicy edge that is bright rather than resinously dark.

Hope this helps

May

May,

Thanks for the info! I have a sample of Sabra's Secret, so I need to go try it again and refresh my memory. I prefer darker, heavier resinous scents, so it sounds like I might have to reconsider Vain and go in another direction. :)

• 2 weeks later...
May,

Thanks for the info! I have a sample of Sabra's Secret, so I need to go try it again and refresh my memory. I prefer darker, heavier resinous scents, so it sounds like I might have to reconsider Vain and go in another direction. :)

I just tried this one today....I also prefer darker resinous scents, but this one would be nice for a day when I want something lighter, but still spicy. I can't compare it to Sabra, because I haven't tried that one.

When I first put this one on, I was trying to place what it smells like, and I finally nailed it down. It smells like the old "bazooka" bubblegum.....no joke. It does. As it starts to dry though, the spiciness starts to come out, and it begins to darken. I think it is spicy and unusual enough to turn a few heads, but not resinous enough to make you smell like you're wearing incense (which is not always a bad thing, as those are the scents that I tend to favor). I do like this, and am thinking of getting a full bottle for days when I don't want to be quite so dark.......

Notes: Warm and spicy Dragon’s Blood essential oils, with complimentary notes of Egyptian Musk, Indian Chai Spices and Benzoin.

In the bottle: sweet cookies, but also a little fruity.

Wet: The dragon's blood is a powerful player, smelling a little fruity, and a little floral. It must be the chai spices giving it a little bit of smooth cookiness in the background.

Drydown: The musk and spices become more prominent, but the juicy dragon's blood is still a player. To me, dragon's blood often smells more like pomegranite than pomegranite does, so this blend smells like spiced pomegranite.

This is a much lighter/brighter smelling scent than one might expect from the name and description. Most of the notes are rather nice on me, but my mystery astringent note is also here. (I really must find out what that is, no one I've met can figure it out.)

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have to admit that out of the order I placed and the one from a friend, this is my favorite of all~ and it was a smaller sample thrown in extre. I get some kind of mint in this but after a few minutes it goes into cream and spice. I really can't find the dragons blood anywhere but I know I like the smell of DB alot its one of my favorite notes and this works great with the chai and of course I loves me some Benzoin. I think I need a little Vanity here and there so the intent of this potion is perfect for me at this part of my life.

• 3 weeks later...
I tried this one, for the second time, today. I was going to post a review tomorrow, but it seems synchonicity has struck so I shall post it tonight. This reminds me a LOT of Sabra's Secret, which isn't suprising because both feature Dragon's Blood quite strongly - however, although the are in the same family there are distinct differences.

Sabra's Secret is a very smooth, highly complex, very heavy and rich perfume. Vain is also complex but in a different way, it also has the rich sexy, smoothness of Dragon's but it is a little sassier, sharper and almost "younger" side to it than Sabra's does. Sabra's is more resinous Vain has a spicy edge that is bright rather than resinously dark.

Hope this helps

May

Now that I have tried Sabra, I have decided that I really do like Vain and Sabra both.....I agree with your characterization that Vain seems to have a "younger" side. I also find that Vain doesn't last quite as long on my skin. Don't get me wrong.....Vain has pretty good staying power, but on me, doesn't quite last through the whole workday. Sabra lasts through the day and into the evening......

• 2 months later...
I think I have to admit that out of the order I placed and the one from a friend, this is my favorite of all~ and it was a smaller sample thrown in extre. I get some kind of mint in this but after a few minutes it goes into cream and spice. I really can't find the dragons blood anywhere but I know I like the smell of DB alot its one of my favorite notes and this works great with the chai and of course I loves me some Benzoin. I think I need a little Vanity here and there so the intent of this potion is perfect for me at this part of my life.

I am glad this smelled great on you. It smelled like cough syrup on me. Sigh.................... Sometimes they smell so good in the bottle and not good on me.

I am seriously considering one of the full bottles of this being offered in the sale......I like it for days when I want to "lighten up" both in scent and in mood.....makes me feel not so self-critical.....not so hard on myself.....and, that's a good thing...... :)

This one starts out smelling like cinnamon candy on me. After a few minutes, it fades to a waxy crayola smell...then it's gone.

*sad*

• 4 months later...

Well, I thought I would revive this thread since Vain is one of the potions being offered on clearance.

I am getting a full bottle in trade, so I pulled out one of my samples the other day.....wearing it to work over unscented Dominance was really good......

That night, after I showered, I applied Blatant Invitation and covered it with Vain, so I could see what my darlin' thought of it. He really enjoyed the Vain.....he described it as very light, but still hot and spicy......he said he is glad I am getting a full bottle......

Well, I thought I would revive this thread since Vain is one of the potions being offered on clearance.

I am getting a full bottle in trade, so I pulled out one of my samples the other day.....wearing it to work over unscented Dominance was really good......

That night, after I showered, I applied Blatant Invitation and covered it with Vain, so I could see what my darlin' thought of it. He really enjoyed the Vain.....he described it as very light, but still hot and spicy......he said he is glad I am getting a full bottle......

Right on!! :offtopic: Vain is one of my favorite potions. I can't wait to get my full bottle of it as well soon!

Well, I am just absolutely LOVING "Vain".....I may need a backup bottle......Oh my poor poor credit card......

i still need bottle of this, I'm passed a few offers for it becuase I still haev at least a sample and a half to tide me over. I love that it's nice and spicy scent with a dragonsblood scent that doesn't give me a headache. Not very good review i know, lol.

• 3 months later...

I tried this one today and loved it from the bottle - it smells like sweet old school candy [can't place my finger on it - but cherry something - not super sweet cherries]. when i put it On i smell cherries, vanilla florals, then the cherrish scent dies down and the vanilla floats in and out I really like this one [on it was very strong with a good throw]

but alas this seems to be another skin drinker for me - 1/2 hr later and i smell nothing - if i get real close and inhale real hard i can get a faint something - This will have to be a slather scent or maybe if i mix it with sugared cherries i can get the scent to last longer as i really like it

Already got a bottle so i can experiment away - if it lasted then it would definitely be in the top 5/10.

• 3 weeks later...
I tried this one today and loved it from the bottle - it smells like sweet old school candy [can't place my finger on it - but cherry something - not super sweet cherries]. when i put it On i smell cherries, vanilla florals, then the cherrish scent dies down and the vanilla floats in and out I really like this one [on it was very strong with a good throw]

but alas this seems to be another skin drinker for me - 1/2 hr later and i smell nothing - if i get real close and inhale real hard i can get a faint something - This will have to be a slather scent or maybe if i mix it with sugared cherries i can get the scent to last longer as i really like it

Already got a bottle so i can experiment away - if it lasted then it would definitely be in the top 5/10.

Vain has the same effect on me. It is a lovely scent, but it disappeared very quickly.

Dolly was right on with her Bazooka bubblegum comparison. When I first put Vain on, Dolly's comment popped into my mind. As the scent dried down, there was more of a minty essence under a light spicy scent. Between Vain and Sabra's Secret, I like Sabra better, and Sabra's scent lasts far longer on my skin.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this really really light for anybody but me? I recently got a sample and have been using it for the past few days, and it is extremely light. Not that my skin eats it fast, but it's barely there right out of the sample vial. I'm having to slather so much on, so often, to get much scent at all that I'm a greasy mess. :unsure:

It is pretty light for me as well, but I really like it. It is light, but deep. It is a pretty close scent, yet hot and spicy at the same time.

I agree.....it doesn't last as long on me as some of the other scents, but I love it.....you do have to lean in and get close to smell it.....its like you walk by and people wonder.....Did I smell something yummy? Is someone wearing perfume? I use it on days when I want to smell good but be unobtrusive and inconspicuous......

• 5 months later...

So, I think this one is going on MY list for the sale.....I have almost burned through my last full bottle....

• 2 weeks later...

Vain doesn't last long on me at all, which is interesting because Dragon's Blood is one of those notes which usually "sticks" to me. It's a cozy scent to me, I think the spices give me that impression, and I also think it's one a man could wear - it's not overly sweet. It does provide an evocation of personal power but since it is soft rather than loud I'm not sure how assertive it actually makes me feel, lol. Maybe layered with something else Vain would have a more congruent feel to it.

Vain doesn't last long on me at all, which is interesting because Dragon's Blood is one of those notes which usually "sticks" to me. It's a cozy scent to me, I think the spices give me that impression, and I also think it's one a man could wear - it's not overly sweet. It does provide an evocation of personal power but since it is soft rather than loud I'm not sure how assertive it actually makes me feel, lol. Maybe layered with something else Vain would have a more congruent feel to it.

I wear Vain to work every day. I call it my "Work Scent" i think Vain helps me the most at this crazy corporation. Iam very sensative and psychicly intuitive and it helps those psychic attacks. Instead of me obsorbing all the crap that goes on in here it like bounces off my mind i notice and it helps me be one with myself and focus. Which reminds me, ive been meaning to get the Focus Potion. Darn it!! :) so many goodies!!! :)

Hey there Ancient Goddess,

I'm pretty sensitive myself..there are some things I just cannot watch nor hear nor read about on tv or the news or I just break down. If it's really bad sometimes I just need to think and I just break down..I know it's weird. My question though is what is the difference between being sensitive and psychically intuitive?

Well the cynical answer is that people usually think they're the latter when they're really just the former. But I'm very cynical when it comes to that sort of thing, I guess because I've met too many people who believe they are psychic but they never manage to convince me. Not to say such people don't exist - because they do - but I've met very few of the genuine article.

• 5 months later...
This comes out as a really sexy deep cinnamony-vanilla scent on me. Dragon's blood does wonderful things on my skin, and this one doesn't disappoint! Very nomable and very vampire, heh heh. Seeking a bottle when one surfaces!

:)

Hey sweets....I hoarded this one like mad during one of the sales.....I could possibly be persuaded to turn one loose.....my email is in my profile....ping me and we'll chat!

• 11 months later...
  • 4 years later...