Mother Ship

Quin

AD-MotherShip.jpg

Mother Ship

This calming, nurturing scent is a godsend for mothers, teachers and baby sitters who want an extra edge when dealing with the wee ones. The yummy and soothing aroma will help you round up all your little aliens with surprising ease.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships, Goddess energy.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness.
COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
EGG ~ Fertility, motherhood, protection.
RICE ~ Protection, rain, fertility, abundance, money.
CITRUS ACCORD ~ Energizing, uplifting, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship, used to attract spirits, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got a sample of this one mostly for the name, but I love it! The milk note is lovely, and it's definitely milk, not cream-it has a lightness to it. And I don't know if it's the dryness of the cereal or something my skin does to it, but it seems to almost have a smoky note when I put it on. It's gorgeous!

My son likes this (although he is still leery of fragrance in general, he has a very sensitive nose); and I enjoy the milk-and-cereal aspect in the vial, but the citrus accord really amps on me, it reminds me of Lorien's Blueberry Bomb in that way. I guess certain candied notes do that with my chemistry (like pink sugar, for example). I think I'll probably add this to a bottle of (unscented) Goth Rosary hair & body wash for my son to use.

• 4 weeks later...

WELL-I may not be a mother..(haha some might call me one in a totally different sense...I just kid you), but now that I've overcome my choco-fear, I'm instantly drawn to this.

Milk and cookies-FABULOUS label art....I at least see a sample in my future!

...so i must sadly tell you lovely ladies that mother ship is a no go for me. it does have a milky-cereal smell, which i would have liked all on it's own. the addition of lemon however, sends my nose into seizures.

i like lemon alot in scents but this combo doesn't work for me. i wore it to bed and actually felt a bit ill everytime i got a sniff of it.

so weird.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haha, Hi Ivy!

Ok-more reviews. I just slathered some of this on for ya(yes I'm playing in my perfume again!)--

The top note, to me is a creamy lemon..sorta like the lemon in Caught in the Act to my nose, if youve had a chance to sniff that one(one of my FAVES!!! MMMM!).

My bottle has had a little time to age, so I'm not getting such a watery milk note as a richer cream-its very yummy. Add that lemon creme to a buttery cookie-almost like a richer version of a Nilla wafer, and add a dash of the lightest milk chocolate. VERY light amount of chocolate(and not funky at all-just tasty)-and you have Mother Ship.

To me its mainly lemon, cream and vanilla. A gorgeous lemon too, by the way.

This is a very wearable scent with great lasting power. Approahable and deeeelish. Give it a go! :lol2:

I freaking loved this one.

I had preconcieved expectations of cookies and milk.

I got none of that.

I got cereal,

fruit-loopy,apple jaxy cereal.

I do get the milk, which only reinforces my visions of when tangy-fruit tasting cereal hits it in a bowl.

I LOVE this.

after 15 minutes or so,it morphs into more of a lemon-essence, like the sweet lemon-zesty scones I used to have daily when I worked at the farm.

:lol2:

I had preconcieved expectations of cookies and milk.

I got none of that.

I got cereal,

fruit-loopy,apple jaxy cereal.

I do get the milk, which only reinforces my visions of when tangy-fruit tasting cereal hits it in a bowl.

Well yeah, it's supposed to be milk-and-cereal, and it's very much like that to me, just not on me.

Well yeah, it's supposed to be milk-and-cereal, and it's very much like that to me, just not on me.

I can definately see kids of all ages liking this one,though.

I get that the citrus might amp on some,

but does the lemon do on you?

It amps for me as well, thats when the scent gets lemon-zesty

Edited by Lor

Sadly the tart note goes waaaay tart on me, to the exclusion of everything else. I ended up adding my sample to a bottle of hair and body wash for my son, since he liked it.

• 2 weeks later...

This one is great, and my sister loves it, too!

On me, the vanilla really comes through, and the milky scent, too. It is a really rich, comforting scent, and it almost seems kind of nutty.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm not sure if it is my wonky skin chemistry or just that the oil has aged so much, but it is quite different on me compared to those old reviews.

On me Mothership smells like sweet honey oatmeal and vanilla. And I think I also get the egg as it heavily reminds me of pancakes too. After a couple of hours it starts getting milkier, but citrus note I don't detect at all (although I suspect it's the citrus that makes it smell like honey). Also it has great throw, with only two short stripes at my wrists this delicious aroma surrounds me at all times.

Soo happy I decided to get this one!

:Emoticons04235:

Edited by Fleur

• 1 year later...

Bleh. Stupid skin chemistry.

This has always been one of my secret unpheroed comfort scents. I'd silently stalk the trade forum and nab samples, waiting for a potential bottle purchase. Though I didn't use it super often there were just some times I needed to smell like milk and lemony cereal and nothing else would do. It almost had a mealy quality to it, reminiscent of the cereals I had grown up with.

Finally, years later I find the bottle of my dream at a steal and now my skin hates it. It starts out just as bright and sugary as I had remembered but within minutes dries down on me sale and flat. (Sob) Medications, hormones, and diet have all changed since my last testing and now I just can't swing it. It seems my tiny sniffie of Caught In the Act behaves more similarly to what I remember so apparently after some more testing I may have a different potion to stalk.

Edited by mcreepers

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw this thread and went and put some on. My baby is teething and upset,and she's been fighting taking a nap for over an hour.

Age has really brought the chocolate note to the fore on this one, but its a very nice chocolate. Powdered, like coca mix. Kind of like the "astronaut ice cream" texture that was going on in Rocket Chick. Its still creamy,with a hint of lemon. Such an odd mix,chocolate and lemon, but it does work here.

Best of all, after I put it on, I gave Lena her bottle and she passed right out. Soothing indeed. She's sleeping like, ha, well like a baby! This is going into the heavy rotation pile!