Plaisirs de la Nuit

scourger

Magical Properties: Based on Voodoo recipes for sexual conquest

Notes: Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Carnation, Orange, Myrrh and more.

In the bottle: I get a whiff of something spicey, followed by a breath of ripe oranges, and I am transported to holidays of my childhood, when we would stick cloves in oranges, and hang them around the house.

Wet: The spiciness which I originally though was cloves, becomes more complex. The orange similarly explodes with complexity, and becomes a tart frutiness which is almost more like cherries. When I look at the notes in this blend, I see that the spiciness is the cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg blend. The fruit must be the orange, but I don't see where the cherry brightness has come from.

Drydown: The fruits have settled into the spices, now that the resins have come out to act as binding agents. This is intoxicating, spiced punch; heady and rich, but not cloying.

The description relates this scent to Carnival, and there is something very festive about it. It is sexy without being, "hit you over the head," sensual. It works equally well as a sweet and innocent girl who wants to up the vamp quotient, and a vamp who wants to let out her soft side and just dance for the night. (The mask on bottle art is perfect for this balanced duality in the scent.)

And, because it is that time of year: I think Plaisirs is also a perfect Christmas scent, being warm and bright, juicy and complex. (It even couples well with the scent of a pine tree. Try layering it with Sugared Forest for a "Land of the Sugarplum Fairy," effect.)

Edit: for typo

Edited by scourger

• 9 months later...

I should know better by now to let the oils age a bit before passing judgement. When I first got this, It was funky musty strong oil. So I set it aside.

Last night I tried it again - after aging 2 months. Fresh on, it was orange. Dried oranges? Not citrusy, just orangey. And something plasticky. Then the plastic began to fade and I got orange and something else - I couldn't figure out what. There was either a musk or incense (something dark) as a backdrop. The orange left the party and the other thing came out stronger. What IS that?..... Um ....Wait.... ROSE! Hi there Rose! Lots and lots of ROSE! Like an elephant that squeezed into the tiny room with all the other scents, it's the only thing I can sense. Ah well. It'll find a better home one of these days.

• 3 months later...

this is orange, cinnamon, nutmeg and a bit of green floral. the orange was really strong at first and then it faded a bit and it was like a heavy humid sultry seductive summer night - musk, spices and summer night blossoms

After a couple of hours I'm getting mainly carnation (which I love). I was worried for a while because the dry-down was very dry smelling, if that makes any sense. I stuck my arm under the nose of a friend and he said he liked it, quite a bit!

• 3 months later...

How did I not notice this scent before? Voodoo and sexxxy??? Grrrrrrr..... I just placed an order and would have added this if I found it sooner.......

Too many scents! Lovely lovely scents. This shall go in my next order.

Edited by DeliberateAngel

• 1 month later...

Well, I got a sample of this in a trade....all I can say is that I wish I had tried it sooner.....it is absolutely lovely....spicy and dark, but yet it has almost a "freshness" to it at the same time....I am enjoying this one....think I need a bottle....or two....

Well, I got a sample of this in a trade....all I can say is that I wish I had tried it sooner.....it is absolutely lovely....spicy and dark, but yet it has almost a "freshness" to it at the same time....I am enjoying this one....think I need a bottle....or two....

I bet you'll be able to snag a bottle or two in the sale :blushing:

I bet you'll be able to snag a bottle or two in the sale :)

That is precisely why I spent today testing (and in some cases, re-testing) some of my sample stash.....

• 5 months later...

The carnation comes to the forefront on me here, which is very odd considering I normally amp spices like cinnamon and ginger and nutmeg. It's when it dries down that the spices make themselves known along with the sweet resinous myrrh. I can make out a faint hint of orange, and I wish it had come out more on me because I love orange, but this is still a very sophisticated and sexy scent that's appropriate for a dinner at a fancy place with the family and at the same time will make that guy you're eying at the table across want to lean in closer...

• 2 years later...

I get a nice floral mixed with orange and spices; I can pick out the nutmeg. Also something sharp and somewhat soapy. The drydown is soft and spicy and very pleasant.

Edited by perfumesniffer