Cocamama

KrazyKat

I'm new here and a little late to the party, so I picked up a bottle at the sale. Cocamama still comes up as available when searching from the Gift Shop page, though.

I'm new here and a little late to the party, so I picked up a bottle at the sale. Cocamama still comes up as available when searching from the Gift Shop page, though.

thanks flwfan & :magicstick:

This one was definitely a surprise! By it's name, I expected something chocolately, but this is not that at all. This one is complex to me. I sniff and think, sniff and think. it has leveled off to something that on my skin is sort of sweet, green, and clover like or grassy. I am thinking of the grass Melissa? Now this is not my type of scent but I have to say that this is one REALLY well done fragrance. Reminds me of some sweetgrass fragrances that were popular when I was very young. I wouldn't wear it, but would use it for aroma therapy since it gives me a kind of lift! Still have nose and wrist syndrome going on here.

can't say i liked this one. just did not go well with my skin. If there is anyone who is a fan of it let me know. I can sell or swap my full bottle! i just want it to go to someone who can love it the way it needs to be loved

• 2 weeks later...
This one was definitely a surprise! By it's name, I expected something chocolately, but this is not that at all. This one is complex to me. I sniff and think, sniff and think. it has leveled off to something that on my skin is sort of sweet, green, and clover like or grassy. I am thinking of the grass Melissa? Now this is not my type of scent but I have to say that this is one REALLY well done fragrance. Reminds me of some sweetgrass fragrances that were popular when I was very young. I wouldn't wear it, but would use it for aroma therapy since it gives me a kind of lift! Still have nose and wrist syndrome going on here.

OLEANDER ~ Love spells, if plant is in home - disgrace and misfortune.

PERUVIAN BALSAM ~ Strength and fortitude, dispels negativity.

PALO SANTO ~ Removes curses.

AROMA ESSENCE OF COCA LEAF ~ Spiritual representation of the Cocamama, intoxication, ritual, sexuality.

OAKMOSS ~ Luck, protection, strength, money.

CIVET (Musk derived from civet cats, now illegal except in synthetic form.) ~ Considered a strong aphrodisiac, intense, animal, 'sexual' aroma.

WILD MUSKS ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

BLACK COPAL RESIN ~ Love, purification, cleansing.

VANILLA BEAN ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

SUGAR CANE ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.

WILD HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive, use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover, happiness, fulfillment.

HELIOTROPE ~ Clairvoyance, healing, protection, wealth, exorcism, invisibility.

PERUVIAN SPICES ~ Sexual stimulation, lust, protection, fidelity, exorcism

It's named Cocamama for the coca leaf essence & yes it's THAT coca leaf, the one they used to use in Coca-Cola, but it's de-natured. I love this one, but it hasn't netted me any usual LP hits. Which is fine, I just wear it for me anyway + TT likes it.

Ummm, who said?

;P

No wonder I can't stop sniffing the bottle....wait a minute, is this note secretly in all the LPs because my addiction's getting out of control! :)

It's named Cocamama for the coca leaf essence & yes it's THAT coca leaf,

Thanks Beccah1 !

when I read that CyBella13 thought it was chocolate-y, it was like someone scratching their nails on a black board, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (no offense CyBella13 :lol: )

• 1 month later...

Pulled this one out last night. It much nicer aged, I think. When I smell it on me, I get visions of piles of white powder (ahem) and a handful of young green leaves. It smells like green & white & cool mountain air. Spices? Musk? Copal? Civet? Nope. Just clean & green/white. This'll be nice come springtime!

Edited by court jester

• 3 months later...

Is this similar to Frog? I understand that they belong to the 'green' scents, so what's the difference between the two? Frog to me smells like forest + some sweetness. How about this one? More musky? Less sweet?

Edited by bumbob

• 1 month later...

I've been trying this one on for size the past few days and it makes me feel like a jaguar. It's a very clean scent. I feel like a gem that's been sitting in sea salt for days being cleansed. I think I even roared a bit ~ do jaguars roar? Well I opened my mouth real big and bit someone's head off. I felt so GRRRREAAAT. I might've even heard Liam's voice shouting.. RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!

Smells like a jungle flower wearing a leopard onesie~ like Cheetara and Avatar girl only more fierce and more badder ass.. is badder even a word.. who cares when I wear this IT IS!

• 1 year later...

When I first applied this, I was just floored, it's a gorgeous green scent. But settling more into my skin it's almost getting a bit too lush for me.

I think I like lighter/bright/translucent green scents, and this is a very rich, lush green.Very pretty. But not really for me.

• 6 months later...

This is another one that smells amazing in the bottle. Wet I get coconut, don't know why, and a lot of fresh greens. I am also got something deep and rich. Perhaps this is a musk?

Others thought it smelled really good on me. It is really crisp, clean, very green fragrance- yet deep at the same time. I feel like this is what a unisex fragrance should aim for in order to not lean masculine. I could even got vanilla in this. This is a really complex soothing fragrance.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure about this one. I like the initial green scent I am getting, but there is a note not sitting right with me.It may be heliotrope since it is a floral note that is not playing nice with my nose. This scent also is taking me back to my grandmother's old house. Actually something I smelled in her bathroom on her vanity. This blend brought back a nice memory, but I don't think I can actually wear it daily as a scent. As it dries down I do get a spicy kick that is nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I had ZERO idea what to expect from this one. Will it be sweet? Green? Spicy? There are so many notes in this that are foreign to me that I do not know what I am smelling. It IS sweet, but not very, just a hint. It IS green, but kind of a lush, mature green not a new buds kind of green. AND it IS spicy but not any spices I'm familiar with. So. This review may not be very helpful, lol. I CAN say it's wearing light on me, it smells fresh and airy and slightly yummy. I very much like it :D It seems "clean", not soapy clean, just fresh. WIN!

• 1 year later...

Wow, this was an interesting thread to read! I have to say, I didn't get any green that I could discern. Maybe a little in the vial. On my skin, it is sweet (but not too sweet) and powdery. Very pleasant and feminine.

I kept getting whiffs of a lovely scent after I put it on, and then realizing that it was me! :) I like it. Very soothing and comforting. If it ever came up in the trade boards in bottle form, I might buy it.

• 2 years later...

I think it's time to bust out the Coca leaf again! This is phenomenal! I've loved it for a very long time and now I think it's almost gone (unless I have another one? Must take inventory!). I feel like the ingredients in here are so very unique. :)

It smells like being in the hot steamy jungle, somewhere in South America. Your hiding in the trees watching a Mayan Ritual. Copal and Palo Santo are burning in offer to the goddess. If anyone has seen that mummy..it's a Mayan (maybe Incan? I would need to check)Girl. She was found with two other children on top of a mountain in ice, perfectly preserved, down to the remnants of chewed Coca leaf in her mouth and a belly full of booze. These children died as sacrifice to the old God's. They were intoxicated and brought up a mountain to die in the snow. This perfume makes me think of a scene like that...the scene leading up to such a thing. It's incredibly beautiful, even a little creamy, but with a green depth and a real 'magic' to it.

It sounds kind of silly, but I'll tell you anyway. I will only wear this potion during daylight. I wore it at night once, and while I was trying to get my daughter to sleep, rocking her, I kinda "tranced out" is the only way I can put it. My air conditioner started to sound like chanting or something. It weirded me out and now I'll only wear it in the daytime! Ha, seriously. Real power here. Beautiful power!

Edited by cheeseburger79

Thanks Halo! :)

The mummy I was thinking of is called La Doncella. I don't know how to do links, but if you Google her, the articles are interesting, if not a bit sad.