Alzbeta

cheeseburger79

AD-Alzbeta.jpg

Alzbeta

The scent of immortal magic and mystery. As seductive and timeless as the Lady herself…and if you look closely, you can see her special beauty secret within...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
AMBERGRIS ~ Increases personal power, heightens sexual responses, dreaming.
RED MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SUDANESE PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
SWEET GRAVE DIRT aka EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.
MOSSES ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity.
NARCISSUS - Egotism, formality, sweetness.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
RED SILK ~ Luxury, wealth, sensuality.
FROZEN BLOOD DROPLETS aka GARNET ~ Enhances bodily strength, endurance and vigor, sexual energy, strengthens the aura, repels negative energies, protective, regulates heart and blood, used in folk-medicine to ease menstrual and childbirth discomforts. NOTE: Although well diluted, this potion contains cinnamon essential oil which can be irritating to the skin. Do not use in the vicinity of the eye or other mucous membranes. Discontinue use if sensitivity occurs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yep. Thats it in a nutshell! Anyone who has this (Pony......), Pretty Pretty please I beg you, review it!
It was the one I helped make and I'm dyin over here. Thanks!!!! :beggingpleasesmiley:

I am not Pony, nor do I play her on LP's message board...but I did swipe this one just now...(I put my full 10 samples in my travel case today, so I can sniff all day!)

Wet, I'm getting a sweet spiciness, it's got notes going in and out of prominence, but I can't put a finger on any one note... I don't often get a 'vibe' from the potions...but this one... a little shiver just now!

OK...slinks onto the page... :magicstick:

Alzbeta is slinky, spicy, with the feel of Scarlet Silk but a tad richer. Sort of those scarlet sheets after a spicy

tumble the night before. Not so much dirty as .... experienced.

I like Scarlet Silk, and I think I may even like Alzbeta a tad more...you've got the cinnamon and the silk, but with an added touch of earthiness from the patchouli/musk/"dirt".

I can't pick out the narcissus, but I'm glad it's in there, because it is always all about me...

Does that help?

This one is DEEP and DARK, something in this reminds me of Tantric Butterfly, gotta check the ingredients and get back to this. Sorry Cheezy !

eta: neither of these share an ingredient, must have just been me, doi !

But I love it ! and super glad I bought 2 of these unsniffed !!

Edited by liz

:):love::love::love::love::love::love::love: Ladies...You've made me a very happy young woman! Yes Pony your smelling grave soil! There IS in fact silk and spice and Katz, the perfume overall is MEANT to creep you out a bit.

OH I'M SOOOOOO HAPPY! this sounds exactly as I intended it to. Creepy and haunting with a sexy vibe as well-but spooky....EXCELLENT!

'Experienced' indeed-Bathory bathed in the blood of virgins to keep her youth. Although this had to be renamed it was inspired by that very countess.

So. although I havent even gotten a whiff of this yet, I'm proud already! Hurray!

Man. If I could design scents for the rest of my life I'd be so happy. Glad you dig the Narcisuss too! Commend Rosebud for that! I'm still all a flutter with pride! Thanks Gals! :abvb: :bizoo: :)

I can't wait to try this one! I realised that the bottle I ordered I had boosted with BI which may have changed the fragrance slightly, but I can still try it on its own as I'm getting the monthly sampler of DA :)

This one is nice & incensey. In the vial it reminds me of Dirty Pretty Thing. There is a slightly more sinister note in there, though. I would have to say wicked lovely!

Ahh, Alzbeta. Hello, lover.... :)

Lynne was sweet enough to send me a sample of this in my goodie bag, and it is exactly as I hoped it would be!

On first sniff, the grave soil, moss and patch are most prevalent,which of course makes sense, but then they take a back seat to the sweet cinnamon, sugar, musk and ambergris, and finally the floral narcisscuss comes out to play. The red silky feel is smooth and fluent throughout the entire, BEAUTIFULLY done scent. I Can even smell the clean fresh air note we discussed on the drydown!

It is sexy, It is pretty, and yes, it is a bit ominous.

Thanks M&D!! You've knocked my socks off! Perfect, and perfectly blended!

Rosebud--CC, Luna, and everyone else who helped-your gonna love it! And Thanks for your help! Starlite, Thanks for the beautiful label art!

I can't belive how amazing this turned out! THANKS AND MUCH LOVE-ALWAYS! Lori :)

Ahh, Alzbeta. Hello, lover.... :)

Lynne was sweet enough to send me a sample of this in my goodie bag, and it is exactly as I hoped it would be!

On first sniff, the grave soil, moss and patch are most prevalent,which of course makes sense, but then they take a back seat to the sweet cinnamon, sugar, musk and ambergris, and finally the floral narcisscuss comes out to play. The red silky feel is smooth and fluent throughout the entire, BEAUTIFULLY done scent. I Can even smell the clean fresh air note we discussed on the drydown!

It is sexy, It is pretty, and yes, it is a bit ominous.

Thanks M&D!! You've knocked my socks off! Perfect, and perfectly blended!

Rosebud--CC, Luna, and everyone else who helped-your gonna love it! And Thanks for your help! Starlite, Thanks for the beautiful label art!

I can't belive how amazing this turned out! THANKS AND MUCH LOVE-ALWAYS! Lori :)

I have been staying away from the review section for the August scents as I am not sure when my package will finally arrive. Them Border nazi's are bathing in my goodies. This month must be REAL good, as they have been playing for a while now. Hopefully they will let me have it early next week... :(

BUT, I wanted to say, ooooh!!!!!! I am super excited for this goodie, especially after hearing all these reviews. It totally seems like it came out perfectly and will be a definite hit for me! I LOVe all the scents you are comparingit too and LOVE the way you described its wear Cheezie. I havent picked out a bottle for DA yet, but I REALLY wanted to get this one, to get the blood droplet visual. How does it look? Liz?

Oh excited!!!!

I have been staying away from the review section for the August scents as I am not sure when my package will finally arrive. Them Border nazi's are bathing in my goodies. This month must be REAL good, as they have been playing for a while now. Hopefully they will let me have it early next week... :(

BUT, I wanted to say, ooooh!!!!!! I am super excited for this goodie, especially after hearing all these reviews. It totally seems like it came out perfectly and will be a definite hit for me! I LOVe all the scents you are comparingit too and LOVE the way you described its wear Cheezie. I havent picked out a bottle for DA yet, but I REALLY wanted to get this one, to get the blood droplet visual. How does it look? Liz?

Oh excited!!!!

The garnets look just like blood droplets girl !! opaque-y hardened BLOOD !!

Does LPMP have a phero that screams:

I am a powerfully seductive, man-eating woman, I do as I please, with whom I please, if I choose to play with YOU.....beware, I have teeth down there ! cause that's what I would have it spiked with ! and of course I'd be equipped with a few rolls of duct tape, :(:) , hee !

Yah Id vote for Dominance...it sounds perfect :)

Or BI...that one might be alot of fun too :D

Ooooh I have a wee bit coming from a trade boosted with BI...but I also ordered a bottle today boosted with BI and Open Windows....I kinda thought BI would be great in this one as well...course I have yet to sniff it...

hey (lightbulb goes on in head), I do have that sampler pack I put up on my trade page, I suppose I could at least sniff it...duh djac, wake up gal...hehehe

Maybe combine Dom and BI...if BI didn't have any EST, it would be a contender for Shut Up and Lick My Boot. :D

HA ! that would be a perfect name for it Luna65 ! and I just bought some new boots too ! (scroll down a bit)

oooh, can BI be made w/o EST ?

Edited by liz

Maybe combine Dom and BI...if BI didn't have any EST, it would be a contender for Shut Up and Lick My Boot. :D

It took me forever to press the reply button, and lookie here, luna, I was thinking exactly the same as you! lol

I think they'd be perfect

HA ! that would be a perfect name for it Luna65 ! and I just bought some new boots too ! (scroll down a bit)

oooh, can BI be made w/o EST ?

Oooh shiny...and oh so lickable!

I wouldn't think so just because the blends are already-made. But...maybe we can talk Ail into accessing her inner dominatrix and coming up with something commanding.

cc: Hee! :D

I will say that I've never used Dominance in a sexual context, but I imagine it would work; it's just that it makes me bitch-on-wheels, and when I'm topping I don't want to be a bitch...I want to rule with a velvet fist, not an iron one. Of course now that we've discussed this I'm going to have plan a scenario. Y'all need to stop giving me ideas, bad girls!

I think this is very much the rendering of the concept: it is dark and earthy but also sophisticated. It is ornate and complex. For those who love a shadowy evocative scent such as this it's perfect, and I can see the Lady in my mind when I smell it.

However, I think there's something about any scent which is meant to evoke the color red which does not work on me. I can't actually wear red because my skin tone isn't right for it. And so personally this makes me feel anxious and not-quite-right. But I am not the Lady, after all, although I can see where the fun would be in pretending to be her for a while...

Oh Honey NOOOOO! Really!??? Ack! And you put so much work into making this with us!

Aw, Rosebud, I'm sorry baby! God maybe you should try some d5 or something? :lol:

Nice Boots Liz! I just got some lickable vinyl ones too. In fact you and Luna would probably be proud of some of my recent bedroom purchases....haha I'll have to write about all that in my journal or somethin...

Rosebud-can you maybe try to layer her with one of your deeper vanillas maybe? I really want this to work for you..this one more than the others cause you really helped alot with it. :lol:

Rosebud-can you maybe try to layer her with one of your deeper vanillas maybe? I really want this to work for you..this one more than the others cause you really helped alot with it. :lol:

I really wanted this one to work too! I don't get ANY darkness tho, none at all :lol: I don't understand it, on me it's all softness...a powdery, slightly soapy, vaguely floral scent :gasp: Very odd! I don't think layering it with vanilla would help, it would probably drown the scent completely

• 4 weeks later...

There is something in here that disagrees with my nose. It has a sharp acrid note to it and smells kind of soapy. Here is another one that I am chalking up to chemistry. Please use other’s reviews to make your decision. I am sure that this was not designed to smell like dishwasher soap, which is what it reminds me of on my skin (that sharp bleachy soapy smell).

• 2 months later...

This is indeed very reminiscent of a sexy vampire in red silk. I get a lot of the gorgeous sexy red musk and deep ambergris, plus a hint of cinnamon and the slight tang of the "blood droplets" (heh heh); I don't get a lot of dirt at all. This is actually unexpectedly clean but deeply sensual at the same time. It actually reminds me of the smell of this local beauty shop, which I always wished I could bottle up. ^_^

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread. The sample has been sitting in my box for many months. I didn't like the way it smells in the vial but I decided to try it today.

It does remind me of Dirty Pretty Thing except this is deeper while DPT is more youthful smelling (think sweet demure floras). I thought I smell cat pee (is that civet musk)? This is less complex as compared to one of my earlier phero-enhanced scent from another vendor called She-Wolf.

I love this and I'll have to take this off my trade list.

• 2 months later...
Gosh, re-reading this thread is making me wish this would come back. :D

Darbla, check HMMB's trade list.

I had to revisit my sample last night. As it turns out rather similar to Dirty Pretty Thing on my skin and I believe I have quite a few bottles of DPT, I decided not to get a bottle of this.

• 9 months later...

Definitely doesn't work with my chemistry. I get harsh soap with a hint of decaying florals. I was eating a stick of candy and kept getting whiffs of soap, and couldn't figure out why my candy smelled like that!

• 3 weeks later...

I tested this one today, but it was incredibly soapy on my skin...and it stayed that way 'til drydown.

The same happened to me with Catie Scarlett's Bewitched and Beguiled, so soapy and no rose...I have no idea what scent note is making my nose smell soap and only soap...

• 5 months later...

This one is all musk on me, which makes it go soapy. It smells a bit like the perfume my mum wears. I don't really like it as a smell, and yet I do kind of like it, maybe because of the scent memory. What is in this - civet?

I honestly got a bit of a tingle smelling this as well. I thought maybe it was an arousal tingle from the musk.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've had a sample of this forever; I"ve smelled in the vial quite a few times but have somehow never actually worn it. This morning I decided to try it.

This smells aldehyde-y, like Chanel #5. It was interesting in the vial, and I also smelled dirty musk. However, after dry down, it really smelled like a designer perfume that older rich ladies would wear, like a cross between Chanel #5 and Estee Lauder Youth Dew. A complex and sophisticated scent, but really not me, because of the rich old lady vibe.

I smell no cinnamon or patchouli. My nose is usually really sensitive to patchouli. Reading Mara's description, and everyone else's reviews, I wonder if I got a damaged or adulterated sample or something)? Aldehydes can form from breakdown of natural oils, so I wonder if mine has been heat damaged or something?

edited to add: Okay, I just read some descriptions of Youth Dew, and I guess my nose is not as crazy as I thought, as this classic fragrance has aldehydes, plus shares several notes in common with Alzbeta, including cinnamon and patchouli. Unfortunately, I am drawing the comparison to Chanel #5 and Youth Dew from memory, as I do not own either one.

Edited by xev

• 1 year later...

Wow, I really didn't get anything mentioned here in the reviews, upon trying this one today. In the vial, I found it to be pleasant and sweet. On my skin, it goes even sweeter. For a little while it reminds me of the Drakkar Noir that my dad used to wear, but a slightly more feminine version. Then it goes powdery.

I do agree with the above review that it is the scent of a rich old lady's perfume. Honestly, it smells very commercial to me. I like it, but it's definitely not one that I would wear unless...well, unless I was testing it out like today.

Plus it made me stuffy. I cab't breave...