La Belle Reveuse

Pony

AD-Reveuse.jpg

La Belle Reveuse

A peaceful blend of lavender, heather and lily, with light touches of gardenia and lemongrass, and a good night kiss of sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
LAVENDER ~ Soothes/restores body and mind, arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing.
HEATHER ~ Admiration and beauty, protection, especially over women and virtue, peace, beginnings, elemental magic, wishes granted.
POWDERED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
LILIES ~ Soothing and calming on the nerves, sweetness, mental prowess, happiness.
GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator, powerfully "magnetic" for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.
LEMONGRASS ~ Lust, increases psychic powers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok I have worn this to bed for the last two nights. Definitely a keeper and definitely bottle-worthy.

A lovely soft floral, with just the right touch of sweetness to be soothing. Not quite as forward as To Sooth a Broken Heart, but I get a more floral impression than Les Sommeil...so somewhere in between, at least to my nose.

I have bedtime scents, and daytime scents, and rarely do the 2 overlap, but I liked this so much that I even sneaked some on yesterday afternoon at work.

• 2 weeks later...

Having tried this for over a week now, I can attest that it is nicely calming and relaxing, perfect for bedtime. But it's a little too floral for me (granted, I'm not really a fan of heather or lavender), I prefer Le Sommeil des Anges which is also largely floral but doesn't strike me as such. But for those who would prefer a floral sleep blend to an herbal one, this is a lovely creation.

• 3 weeks later...

My skin does not do well with lavender. That is all I can smell in this scent on my skin. On me, it turns to a very sharp green lavender note. Not the soft lavender that I smell when someone else wears it. If you love lavender and it works for you, this is likely a good one for you to try.

• 2 months later...

So I gave this a skin test last night. I really don't get lavender. I get 'green floral', I smell the Heather the strongest. I really like it, this would be great combined with Tranquility.

Wow, I have a drastically different skin type--this is actually very sweet on me, I'll even say foody (yes!!! hahaha). It reminds me of To Soothe a Broken Heart and Ajia's Misty Lavender but with a more candylike feel, probably because I'm amping the sugar. To my relief no lemongrass shows up on me at all. It's a just a lovely calorie-free sugary olfactory treat for bedtime. :lol:

Edited by Invidiana

• 2 months later...

I tried this with and without barrier. With: big floral (I actually smelled lilac?!) but with assertive lemongrass! Making it super bright and fresh, not fussy. Without: very soft, white, silky, all lily w/ lemongrass just peeking in occasionally. I don't experience this as for sleepytime at *all* - it seems very daytime to me, just the thing for brunch and mimosas or high tea. Lovely.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
My nose smelled flowers and lemon/lemongrass big time so I'll have to give this a miss.

I revisited this scent after my friends took away 2 bottles and left me with the last one. The lemon scent seemed to have mellowed down tremendously. I'll keep this for days when I need a light scent.

• 9 months later...

The first time I wore this i had a few other scents on so i didn't like it as much. Then, I gave it another shot one night after I got out of the shower. I had a little rose body oil on before I put LBR, but instantly I felt relaxed. A long day, a hot shower, a silky layer of moisturizer, and a scent to drift me away with the night. LBR is a hazy lily that's been lulled by the sandman's powdered sugar, a lot of it. It's okay I think I have a sweet tooth for powdered sugar. A hint of lavender and lemongrass, though, stops the powdered sugar from being cavity sweet. I've been wearing this after studying furiously all night. I feel like it restores me throughout the day, as if I had a good night's sleep . It's my little bottle of rest :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

this is very pretty. I don't know that I would use it for a sleep scent, necessarily. I don't get much lavender. It feels mostly floral, to my nose. Almost going a bit soapy. Will test again, maybe for bed sometime :)

• 1 month later...

I love the balance of this floral scent, it's happy and calm at the same time. I agree with Beccah, this would be wonderful boosted with Tranquility Potion.

• 2 months later...

The last two nights I have applied this to my pillow about an hour before going to bed, and have gone off to another room. I thought the first night's good sleep was down to sleeping pills, but the second night, I had none and the same feeling of 'mmmmmmm, I had deep sleep' when I woke up. This is actually working maybe too well as today I woke up at lunchtime. How embarrassing! Anyway, I am not reviewing for scent really as I haven't actually worn it, but it smells lavendar-y, a little sweet. Maybe something like Sogni but not so sweet or licorice-y. I don't care what it smells like if it helps me sleep!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I swear the first couple times I put this on I smelled a wee bit like chocolate... but come to think of it, everything seemed to be smelling a little like chocolate when I put it on so maybe it was just something in the air.

I put some on again last night and it was beautiful! sweet and floraly but not too bubble-gum candy pink fairy sweet. I think this is a perfect spring/ summer scent and I fully intend to wear it until it gets cold and I want something spicy :)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really know what to make of this one. It is very soft, floral, smells almost a little bit commercial. I feel like it wears very close to the skin and even having slathered a heap of it on I don't feel like anyone will smell it unless they sniff very close. I really can't even tell what the notes are in this, but I sort of like it all the same.

ETA: Refreshed with this throughout the day. The soft, warm florals are floating up from my arms as I type. I'm liking it! I don't think I'll be rushing to get a bottle, but I'm going to enjoy my sample :)

Edited by Synergist

• 5 months later...

This is perfect for relaxing, a very sweet and floral scent. Lavender is the most prominent but those other flowers are peeking out, all covered in yummy powdered sugar!

I would agree, this one is perfect for relaxing, I keep it by my computer and roll it on while I'm working, the florals in this are amazing...

• 2 years later...

I think this one is pretty, but after awhile it goes "commercial perfume" on my skin. It's too bad because the florals are gorgeous at first. I wish they just stayed that way!