Wine and Dead Roses

scourger

I know, not fair to review a scent that's sold out. But this is one of my all time favorites, and I am crushed that I'll never have a bottle of it. So maybe, if I interest people, this one can be brought back.

Magical Properties: Sensual Atmospheric

Prominent Notes: Roses, Earth, Merlot, Resins and Spices.

In the bottle: Juicy roses. Perfect, juicy roses. The Merlot blends into the florals, making them lusher, richer, juicier.

On wet: The roses remain, and you can smell a hint of the soil they grow in. Dark soil, as rich and lush as the blossoms.

Drydown: The roses take on more complexity. There are clearly several, in different states of death and drying. One is powdery, like the keepsakes of a first bouqet, carefully preserved and stored away in a memory chest. The others are fresher, giving out a last heady bout of sweetness before decompostition sets in.

I love rose scents, and have many from different vendors. This one is my favorite. It's sexy, and dark; sweet, without being too sweet; earthy and etherial. (Please bring it back.)

I know, not fair to review a scent that's sold out. But this is one of my all time favorites, and I am crushed that I'll never have a bottle of it. So maybe, if I interest people, this one can be brought back.

In the bottle: Juicy roses. Perfect, juicy roses. The Merlot blends into the florals, making them lusher, richer, juicier.

On wet: The roses remain, and you can smell a hint of the soil they grow in. Dark soil, as rich and lush as the blossoms.

Drydown: The roses take on more complexity. There are clearly several, in different states of death and drying. One is powdery, like the keepsakes of a first bouqet, carefully preserved and stored away in a memory chest. The others are fresher, giving out a last heady bout of sweetness before decompostition sets in.

I love rose scents, and have many from different vendors. This one is my favorite. It's sexy, and dark; sweet, without being too sweet; earthy and etherial. (Please bring it back.)

Bring it back, bring it back!!

I love rose scents, dark perfumes and wine... oh yes, definitely wine too!

Encore?

May

I adore the wine note. Roses tend to turn to soap on me, so I can't wear it on my skin. What's odd is that I don't even like wine, but this one is practically intoxicating just smelling it.

Wine single note please?

Doggone your nice review, it sounds like that would have been BEYOUUUUTIFUL...I'm currently loving the chocolate and roses in Cocoa Sauvignon:

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfume-CocoaSauv.html

I'm really trying to get cocoa sauvignon to work for me. I think it is because I am used to "commercial" (ie mass-produced and additive-laden) perfumes. It look me a few applications to "understand" Sugared Honeycomb, but I just put an order in for a big bottle and am now addicted!

However, I love the sound of wine and dead roses particularly the idea of voluptuous sexy rosiness with some intoxicating wine! (By the way - if you have not tried it the sugared roses mixed with valentine's chocolates is lovely. I love milky chocolate and roses together!)

I soooo want to try the musky, dusky roses too... and it is on sale as a "special"! How much temptation can one girl stand?

But christmas duties and buying responsibilities restrict me...

May

Edited by May

The sugared Roses are a little too sweet for me. I've been thinking about the Musky Dusky too.

The Going, going, gone thread reccomends Aztec Moon as a replacement for this one. Lots of the notes are similar, but it just doesn't have that ROSE quality to it.

Mmm. Yes, Forevermore is a great incense rose. Much drier than Wine and Dead Roses though.

Absolutely, Forevermore has a beautiful rose note to it. If you want to wet it down at all I have found that it blends wonderfully with a quick swipe of Spring Equinox 2007 which amps up the floral but maintains the aura of earth. :)

May